Everything posted by Bears4Ever_34
-
Backup QB?
I threw up over the idea of Tim Tebow being our backup quarterback. Calvillo is 40 years old and has never played a down of NFL football in his life. Nobody in their right minds is going to offer him a contract.
-
Backup QB?
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
-
Roach gone
Nick Roach played fairly well at MLB last year. Maybe I'm selling him a bit short, but I saw him miss a few too many tackles for my liking. I thought he got off balance too easily at times. Not sure what we're losing with him that we couldn't have replaced in the draft.
-
Jennings to the Vikes
Money-wise, yeah, there's no way he's worth the kind of money he got, and he might flop in Miami, but in Minnesota, he would have been in a perfect situation. Adrian Peterson alone would get him open. If Ponder improves, even a little bit, I think Wallace would have put up career numbers with the Vikings.
-
Lemon's Wack Mock 2.0
Trufant is a nice little player. However, I believe, with the situation at LB, that looks to me as the position the Bears will be aiming for with their 1st pick, unless someone like Warmack falls to their pick. If Urlacher doesn't re-sign, then I'm almost sure of it. Yeah, we're going to take a kicker.
-
Jennings to the Vikes
Mike Wallace would have been perfect for them, but as I mentioned a few days ago, Jennings is a good consolation prize. He's not nearly as dynamic as Percy Harvin, but he's usually a pretty sure handed receiver who can run every route in the playbook. I'm assuming they'll end up drafting another WR in the 1st to develop, and when you have Adrian Peterson as your RB, the developmental process for every WR is accelerated. Patterson or Austin makes a lot of sense for them.
-
Detroit, better or worst?
They'll always be good on offense with Megatron and Stafford. The addition of Reggie Bush will help, but they still have a ways to go on defense to surpass the Bears or Packers.
-
Steven Jackson A Falcon
Seems like they just signed Michael Turner again after releasing him. Move doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You'd think they'd try to get younger at that position.
-
Urlacher talking to Queens
Sounds like the Bears are wanting Urlacher to sign elsewhere so they aren't obligated to bring him back. At least that's the word on the radio. Makes sense to me. I really think if they wanted to re-sign him, they would have done it before free agency. It could still happen, but I think the fact that they are letting him shop around speaks volumes about where their mind set is on him.
-
Now what???The Lions sign Reggie Bush
Great players who also have explosive play making ability?
-
Now what???The Lions sign Reggie Bush
- Now what???The Lions sign Reggie Bush
This is a big move for Detroit. Bush fits into exactly what the Lions want to do on offense. They have major problems that need fixing on defense, but adding another explosive play maker alongside Calvin Johnson helps them quite a bit. He has gotten better as a runner, but he'll make most of his money catching passes out of the backfield for a team that loves to throw the ball. He's the replacement for Jahvid Best, who was pretty dynamic himself when he was able to play.- Bennett & Bushrod Press Conference Starting Now
I have to agree with Bennett, Dinosaurs are my favorite animal too.- So what do we do now?
Brown actually bulked up to 240 recently, which puts him ahead of Ogletree, weight wise. Difference is that Ogletree is 6'3. I think Brown could still fit in a 4-3 system. Maybe as a Will or Sam backer though. I'm not sure how good his coverage skills are?- Spaeth cut
Time to cut Garza, Hester, and maybe Bennett, depending on how much they are willing to spend in FA.- So what do we do now?
The Bears could use a slot receiver. What has Bennett done in his career to get to untouchable status?- Webb lovers
I think the Bushrod signing has a better chance of being a flop than Martellus Bennett. We might all look back at this in two years and wished we never signed him. I hope I'm wrong, but he doesn't give me this overwhelming feeling of confidence that we're going to be okay with him protecting the QB's blind side. PFF is a great site for advanced metrics. The people bashing it sound like they have already made up their minds, and want nothing to do with anything that speaks to the contrary of their judgements. The only reason there is an argument over PFF is because of Webb vs Bushrod. If we were using the site to point out how well Tillman and Jennings graded out, none of this would come up.- Kellen Davis
Thank heavens.- Toeaina to be cut
Doesn't save us much money. Only 750k I believe. I think we will definitely re-sign Collins. Idonije, I'm not sure. Supposedly he wants more than the 2.5M he made last year.- So what do we do now?
WR, LB, OG. I'd take the best player from one of those positions in the 1st round.- Arthur Brown
I like how he bulked up to 240 pounds. He's a sure tackler who plays very fast. Only thing I worry with him is injuries. He can be a bit reckless at times.- Bears to do list
If the Bears don't re-sign Urlacher, I would be shocked if they didn't take a LB in round 1 or 2.- Martellus Bennett is a Bear
Witten got like 125+ targets year after year when he was there. Romo throws his way a ton. He was relegated to run blocking until he got to New York. I think he's a risky signing because I'm afraid his play might go in the toilet once he gets the money. I hear he is quite the character. Other than that though, the guy was the most complete TE on the market. Great blocker, good pass catcher, great athlete.. He can play all 3 downs. If he plays like he did with the Giants, he'll be a terrific signing. Rodriguez isn't the guy you want at the Y in a West Coast offense. He's not a very good inline blocker, and most likely will play the Aaron Hernandez role as an F, where they'll move him around all over the field.- Who is the RT???
IF Carimi's knee is healthier than it was last year, and he's able to move around better, I think he's your RT because of the run blocking. If not, then Webb will have a better shot.- Bears to do list
They're not going to move Bushrod to RT. He's the starting LT for the Bears until he proves that he no longer can play. He was taught under Kromer and played on the left side for one of the best offensive lines in football the last few years. I can't see a scenario where Carimi gets moved to RG and Webb starts at RT, so in my opinion, it's one or the other. Either Webb wins the RT job and Carimi goes to the bench or Carimi starts at RG or RT and Webb goes to the bench. - Now what???The Lions sign Reggie Bush