Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bears4Ever_34

Super Fans
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bears4Ever_34

  1. Looks like he signed with the Redskins
  2. lmao, I saw the Marshall thing, but didn't really put the pieces together as to why Cutler ended up calling a timeout... Makes sense.
  3. We understand it, but Cutler still has to be able to rise above it, as difficult as I'm sure it is to accomplish, that's what has to happen. But it's not anything new that hasn't been done before by others. I just don't want to act like Cutler is the only quarterback in the league that has to overcome bad offensive line play, because it's not true.. and yesterday's game is a perfect example of how to deal with it when it happens. Rodgers didn't do anything special yesterday that would have been over and beyond what Cutler is capable of doing. When things went bad Rodgers went to his checkdowns on almost every pass and took what the defense gave him, instead of forcing it down field. Give the Packers a lot of credit in the 2nd half for going to the run game early and often, and picking spots to fit in a little play action/short passing game. That's the part where Mike Tice has to help his quarterback out. So there's a lot of blame to go around, but it ultimately falls on Cutler to not have the defeatist attitude that shows itself in bad moments far too often in big time games. I think it's perfectly fair to say he HAS to be better.
  4. Man it's crazy how some of you guys make so many excuses for Cutler.. It's baffling. It's not the fact that Rodgers does better without the pressure, obviously it's easier to perform under those circumstances when you're not getting sacked. If you want to act like that's the point I'm making, then I can't do anything for you.. The point that I am making however, is that when Rodgers was sacked 8 times in a half, in a primetime game, in the loudest outdoor stadium in pro football, he not only was able to remain accurate, but he was also able to stay away from turnovers and keep his team in the game. You guys know as well as I do, if Cutler was sacked 8 times in a half, he'd probably have a handful of turnovers and would have mentally checked out of the game, like he did on Thursday. And this isn't just about Aaron Rodgers. I don't want to make it seem like Cutler is on the same level as Rodgers as a passer, because he's not. But this should serve as an example of what can happen if you keep your head in the game. The only reason I'm pointing him out is because of what transpired in tonight's game. Eli Manning does the same thing all the time. Greenbay could have very easily imploded, and to Rodger's credit they didn't. I just don't know when the excuses will stop. Do the Bears need to get a probowl left tackle that suits Cutler as well? How bout an entire cast of pro bowl offensive lineman? Why don't we just replace all our guys with 5 new All pro players? It gets to the point when enough is enough. It's put up or shut up. We got you a new #1 receiver you played with in Denver, not to mention another Probowler in the making in Alshon Jeffery.. We got him a coordinator that gives him free reigns of the offense and a quarterback's coach that he had before in Denver. What more do the Bears have to do before we can criticize Cutler for his poor play? Believe it or not, both Roethlisberger and Rodgers have been sacked more often than Jay has since he became a Bear, and both guys have won Superbowls. It is possible to win a Championship without an All-Pro cast of offensive lineman. A great quarterback is able to overcome it. He's got the weapons to get the job done right now. It's time for him to meet the challenge.
  5. What does any of that have do to with maintaining poise under stress and protecting the football?
  6. Aaron Rodgers has been pressured on nearly every snap and already sacked 5 times before the halfway point in the 2nd quarter. Bulaga is getting abused by the rookie Bruce Irvin similar to the Webb/Matthews matchup. This is shaping up to be even more of a disaster than what Cutler was up against last week, yet Rodgers remains composed and hasn't imploded. I don't want to hear any more excuses about Cutler. He's not the only quarterback faced with the task of overcoming a bad offensive line. Edit: 8 sacks and counting..
  7. Did anybody notice this yesterday? It didn't happen often, but I think for one play there was an instance where Shea was lined up in a 2 point stance as an outside backer. I love that we're starting to see more creativity on defense, and would love to see more of this in the future where he's able to roam around and attack the quarterback ala Clay Matthews every once in a while. Brilliant move by Mareneli.
  8. Who's talking about just today? Coming into today's game, Cutler was ranked 32nd in the NFL in completion %. Today he completed 54.8% of his passes. He is now completing 52% of his passes on the season. Accuracy has definitely been an issue. Your bar must not be set very high then. I expect a lot more out of him, as should everyone else, if you believe this team could get to the Superbowl.
  9. Jay has been bad with or without time to throw this season. He's just not throwing the ball well. He is at the bottom of the list, in terms of completion % among all quarterbacks this year. Is it the Thumb? I don't know.. Like I've said before, he's just being way too careless with the football, it almost reminds me of 09, the year he threw 26-27 interceptions. It started with the pick 6 and has carried over through the past few weeks.
  10. It was a joint effort, so everybody on offense is to blame. The coordinator, the quarterback, the running backs, the offensive line, the receivers dropping passes..
  11. Agree 100%. I'm now worried about the way Cutler has performed this season. He started off the year throwing a pick six, then there was the debacle in GB, and now another sub par performance against a mediocre St Louis Rams team. As I said in the game thread, his accuracy and decision making is a huge problem. He's not protecting the football enough and has been careless with his passes. The play calling was bad again as well. How do you not have Alshon Jeffery in the game on goaline situations?? A Devin Hester fade? Really? When has that ever worked? And how about keeping Bell in the game instead of Bush? What's up with that? I think next Monday could end up being another national nightmare waiting to happen. A lot of things have to get better on offense. I predicted we'd start hitting our stride around weeks 3 or 4. The defense has lived up to their end of the bargain, but the offense leaves much to be desired.
  12. Can't say enough about how well the D-Line has played this year. They've been the reason the defense has been surprisingly competent in the first 3 games. Consistency. They have been the most consistent part of this whole team. Meanwhile, offensively, I am worried about Cutler going forward. He was bad again today. Accuracy and decision making is becoming a problem. I think we could get blown out Monday night against Dallas. I don't see Cutler performing well with the pass rush Dallas can bring, along with their two star corners. I don't feel good about next week. Thank God we won today. Things could be worse.
  13. freakin idiot play calling. Why would you have Devin Hester in on goal line situations, ever?? If Jeffery was in on that drive it would have been a touchdown. Stop playing Hester at WR!
  14. This offense is horrendous right now. It needs to get fixed or we're losing this game. Cutler hasn't even hit 100 yards yet. He's been terrible.
  15. Of course they do. Lovie always has the defense soften their coverage when the clock's running down, and it almost never works.
  16. Cutler has a bloody right thumb.. That can't be good. Praying it's nothing but I'm worried as shit.
  17. We've had the ball the entire first quarter and only 3 points to show for it.. Terrible.
  18. Webb's been beaten twice already without getting a hand on Robert Quinn..
  19. Here's an article talking about Jay holding onto the ball too long from last Thursday
  20. Tice should be getting the brunt of the blame. I didn't much care for whatever kind of play calling that was last Thursday. But at the same time, you have to also realize that this is a learning experience for him as well. Tice has never been a play caller before. I think he'll adjust, and with the help of Bates, this offense will be putting up a ton of points in no time. I've never been much of a Trent Dilfer fan, but even he called Tice out for what Dilfer said was, "Garbage play calling" in last Thursday's game. He certainly didn't do Jay or that offensive line any favors. That was an identical plan to what Mike Martz was running prior to the interventions that made him change in 2010 and 2011.
  21. Bears 30-17 Expect to see a lot of running early, a change up from last week. I believe Tice will make it a priority to get the run game going. Without Forte, presumably, Bush is going to get the chance to carry the load. I think he goes over 100 yards and Cutler might not get sacked once. Brandon Marshall dominates as usual, Cutler throws a few TD's, and the defense plays well in 1st half, then Lovie starts playing prevent defense and the Rams put up some points late in the 2nd half.
  22. This is hilarious. Apparently DJ Moore didn't get the memo because he just did the exact same thing Lovie told him not to do, again. Lol.
  23. There's never been a per-requisite to winning a championship that you have to like your quarterback. Lots of teams have won Super Bowls with quarterback's that were regarded as being tough to get along with. It's probably a good thing that you respect him, but you don't have to like him. When the respect starts to dwindle is when problems start to arise, and that's not good. It's important for Jay not to lose the locker room, because if he does, we'll be talking about who the next coach is and which players we're targeting in the top 10 of the 2013 NFL Draft.
  24. If the Bears don't win this Sunday against the Rams, this city will be in widespread panic. I'm not quite sure what the Rams are yet. They've looked good in the first two games. When Bradford isn't laying on his ass he's actually a pretty decent quarterback. They don't really have a lot of throwing options, but Danny Amendola is essentially a Wes Welker clone. If you get behind on this team and they start playing freely, you could end up in trouble.
  25. Chris Spencer did a more than admirable job last year at RG. Without a doubt, he was right there with Garza as being the teams best offensive lineman, performance wise last year. Solid in the run game, only gave up one sack in 16 games last year.. Even as a guard, that's tough to do. He really fell off the map this year when he made the switch to the left side. All of a sudden he couldn't get out of his own way. I don't know what his issue was.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.