Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bears4Ever_34

Super Fans
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bears4Ever_34

  1. We still need two more WR's. Ideally I'd like to get someone like Eddie Royal and Stephen Hill in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft. Not sure he'll last to their 2nd round pick so they might have to trade down or up from the 2nd round to get the guy.
  2. Even if he misses 3 or 4 games or so, he'll still probably end up with 1000 yards receiving. It doesn't matter to me if the Bears did or did not know about this. I'd still probably do the trade anyways. It's not like we had to give up first round picks to acquire the guy. We got him for a pretty fair price.
  3. Bears4Ever_34 replied to Ty Nitty's topic in Bearstalk
    Not sure I understand this. We've got more pressing needs than to keep spinning our wheels with the backup RB's. Barber is fine as long as he's not in at the end of the game where you want your player to stay in bounds to run the clock out.
  4. Ok Yeah..? Oh. That's interesting. Nobody knows, yet you make the declarative statement that I'm way off. Nice.
  5. Bears4Ever_34 replied to a post in a topic in Bearstalk
    Not sure if Williams is trying to use Buffalo as leverage or if he's really interested. If the Bears keep signing lesser guys they won't have near enough money to sign him anyways..
  6. Wow. That's alot of money to a guy that's not a quarterback.
  7. Well now it says the Bears did know about this before finalizing the trade. http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_footb...club-melee.html
  8. This is exactly why the Dolphins let him go for 2 third round picks, but it should be noted that the NYT likes to exaggerate alot of things when it comes to sports. I'm reading two conflicting stories. I'm not sure how the Bears can rescind the trade when they likely won't get to the bottom of this for atleast a couple of weeks, until the NFL does their investigation.
  9. Well until I see Mario Williams sign on the dotted line somewhere else, our focus should be on him. You can't do any better than Brandon Marshall and Mario Williams as your two main free agent acquisitions. I think if he ever meets with the Bears he won't be leaving anytime soon. One thing you have to credit Lovie for is that he has a good reputation with players around the league. They like him. As long as the numbers are somewhat in the same ball park as to what he's looking for, we still have a shot. If not, then I'd turn my attention to Carl Nicks or Eric Winston and sign a secondary WR and call it a day.
  10. I mentioned earlier whether or not Jay Cutler, Forte and others knew about this well before it happened. There was alot of talk going back in forth between Marshall, Cutler and Royal in January. And then Forte sent Marshall a tweet right after the trade went down that sorta indicated that he knew something. Idk, maybe they didn't I just found that odd.
  11. Would this possibly nix the trade? Maybe the Dolphins knew about this. I hope it's nothing.. EDIT: Yeah it sounds like it's nothing http://www.twitlonger.com/show/gdqa1o
  12. Well that depends on what number you want to believe. You're still seeing a variety of different figures being thrown around, I'm not even sure what to think.
  13. From what I can gather we still have like 24 million of cap space left to spend. Surely that's enough to sign a Mario Williams. Schefter said he's probably going to get around 15 mill a year
  14. Is there anything going on with Brandon Carr? Is he still available? He might be my next target, though this finnegan money won't do us any favors.
  15. I kinda like Kellen Winslow. He's been a pretty productive player in his career. The question is, what price?
  16. Check out his new avatar, lol. Wonder why he isn't saying anything yet.
  17. I think I'd rather have McCown as our 3rd stringer. Enderle was Martz's toy and looked awful in preseason when he played. Get rid of him.
  18. I'm kind of shocked that neither Cutler nor Brandon Marshall have tweeted about this yet.
  19. Looks like money was indeed the most important thing to him. Could have come to the Bears and won a Superbowl. Have fun getting 3rd in your division!
  20. Now there will be no more Caleb Haine!!!! Great start to the offseason so far. Looks like we won't be able to land the biggest fish in the pond thanks to a dumb ass team that has to overpay to get their guy to want to play in Canada, but we have made out pretty good. I'd go after a Robert Meachem or an offensive lineman and see what else we can get before the draft.
  21. If that's the case, then we still have enough money.
  22. I think Carl Nicks is going to end up signing with Tampa Bay and Winston is a RT.. We need somebody to play LT.
  23. Bears4Ever_34 replied to a post in a topic in Bearstalk
    He's going to get suspended for Steroids before the start of the year or at some point during the season.
  24. Yes, I say Wright or Hill would make for a great tandem between Marshall, Eddie Royal and Earl Bennett.
  25. Something tells me that Cutler already knew about this well before it went down because Forte made a tweet to Brandon Marshall that said "Bout time bro. Welcome home lol"

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.