Everything posted by Bears4Ever_34
-
Mularkey requested for interview
How about he asks me who I want first? I just want to see Shanahan's zone run schemes with Forte and the moving pockets for Cutler. He's a perfect fit.
-
Bears request an interview with Vic Fangio DC of the 49ers
SIGN THIS MAN NOW! If we got Kyle Shanahan and Fangio, Fox may have assembled one of the best staffs in the business. Fangio's defenses have been in the top 5 every year he's been the DC.
-
Mularkey requested for interview
freak Mike Mularkey. They better hire Shanahan.
-
Rumor: John Fox To Coach Bears
Weird that it's taking so long to announce it. What is going on?
-
Rumor: John Fox To Coach Bears
The Bears really need to wrap this up. Enough with the dithering. They can't wait all day and get stuck with bad assistants!
-
Rumor: John Fox To Coach Bears
I really freakin hope Gase doesn't come with Fox. I want Shanahan.
-
John Fox leaving the Broncos
You'll get the zone run scheme that comes with a Shanahan offense. That's why I like the move if it happened. This team needs to get back to being more balanced.
-
Bowles
Looked like the Jets wanted Quinn two days ago, and the Falcons wanted Bowles all last week. Funny how one day later he ends up with the Jets, and now the Falcons are supposedly hot after Quinn.
-
John Fox leaving the Broncos
I have no qualms about Cutler for another year as I don't see next year as a championship contention season anyways. The Bears are in rebuild mode, with or without Cutler. I just hope they draft a quarterback this year and next year for the eventual release of Jay in the future. The FA QB's all suck.
-
John Fox leaving the Broncos
Sign John Fox RIGHT DAMN NOW! I would LOVE Kyle Shanahan to be our OC. Fox would bring another credible guy as the defensive coordinator, too, possibly Schwartz? This keeps getting better.
-
Urban Meyer
I doubt he would, but sign me up if he did. He's got the right temperament to be an NFL HC, IMO. Strong personality, but not an idiot.
-
Jim Schwartz not expected to return to BUF
I would take him if we aren't running a 3-4.
-
John Fox leaving the Broncos
Most Broncos fans I've seen are happy he's gone. Says he lacked passion.
-
John Fox leaving the Broncos
I hope not. The Peyton Manning in the 2nd half of the season was awful. Reminiscent of Brett Favre's last days in Minnesota. I think it's time for him to retire.
-
John Fox leaving the Broncos
Doesn't he have health issues?
-
John Fox leaving the Broncos
I think Del Rio is going to end up in Oakland. I just hope Fox runs a 3-4 if he is hired here.
-
John Fox leaving the Broncos
Supposedly his best friend among NFL coaches is Sean Payton.. I can see where this is heading. Although, I will say, if I were him, I'd rather go to Atlanta. They have the offensive weapons, the QB, and play in a bad division that he knows well. They are also ready to win now as opposed to the Bears situation.
-
John Fox leaving the Broncos
Obviously somebody the Bears should talk to. However, I'm not sure I want a vet head coach at this point. This team likely isn't going to be competitive for a couple years. John Fox is going to be 60. Does he want to come in to a rebuilding situation?
-
Re making the roster
I would like to see a complete rebuild. Get rid of all the older guys (Garza, Ratliff, Marshall, Cutler, Forte, Jennings, Allen) and use the next year or two to build the team back up again. If Pace is the GM the Bears hope he is, then you have to trust that he knows what he wants. The Bears could do all of this and still be 5-11 next year and it would feel completely different. I don't know how realistic it is to think that they would do this (probably not) but you could get maybe some draft pick compensation if you traded Forte, Marshall, Jennings, and Cutler. Maybe a 4th for Marshall, a 5th for Forte, a 6th for Cutler, and a 7th for Jennings. More spins at the wheel; increase your chances. Why not?
-
Schefter: Bears high on Gary Kubiak per sources
Either guy is fine. I would prefer Shanahan slightly over Kubiak because he runs the more run heavy scheme, which is conducive to Chicago weather. I think the fact that he's won 2 superbowls helps, even if they were a long time ago.
-
Schefter: Bears high on Gary Kubiak per sources
Don't know why, but gut feeling: Adam Gase is the next HC of the Chicago Bears. I think if they were to hire Kubiak, I would rather they just hire Shanahan.
-
Schefter: Bears high on Gary Kubiak per sources
EDIT: Someone change the thread title to "HIGH" not "HIRE" lol. My mistake. Thoughts? With Rex Ryan accepting the Bills job, I doubt he keeps Schwartz as the DC. HC- Kubiak OC- Dennison DC- Schwartz That would be something. I still prefer a 3-4 defense, but Schwartz has a proven track record for successful defense. He built the Lions to where they are today and transformed the Bills D in one year to a top 5 D. As long as he's not the HC, you don't have to worry about him.
-
For the Rex Ryan fans
I was hoping the Falcons former OC would hang around long enough for us to get him as an OC and pair him with Rex. Now I guess we know why he isn't on our list.. Unfortunate.
-
Press Conference Tomorrow
Good interview on the score. Made it clear that all football decisions run through him, as they should be.
-
Press Conference Tomorrow
There were too many Ted Phillips references. Makes it look like the Bears hired a yes man. I really hope that isn't the case.