Draft picks still on the team

jason

If this isn't an indictment of Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith, then I don't know what is.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/i...own-draft-picks

I'm even more convinced every single person on this board would have done better making draft selections for the Bears.

Finances, free agency, everything else? Probably not. But definitely drafting.

If this isn't an indictment of Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith, then I don't know what is.

I'm even more convinced every single person on this board would have done better making draft selections for the Bears.

Buuut... At the same time the case is made for why several of the draft picks were ceded because they were exchanged for valuable FAs. (Gaines Adams excluded - he died). And...I might add... Half the FA example acquisitions in the article were with Emery as GM (Bushrod, Marshall, Bennett and Bush).

Buuut... At the same time the case is made for why several of the draft picks were ceded because they were exchanged for valuable FAs. (Gaines Adams excluded - he died). And...I might add... Half the FA example acquisitions in the article were with Emery as GM (Bushrod, Marshall, Bennett and Bush).

The bolded part is why I discounted the FA excuses.

Holy crap! That is seriously damning...

THank you for sharing.

Interesting. I still doubt what you say is true but it sure does tell us something when we're dead last. I'm sure the transition of GM's has a bit to do with it though as the new guy feels no loyalty to the old guy's picks, so he's able to "move on" a little easier. But with that said, we can all agree Angelo left this team in sorry shape, particularly in the OL. His first round picks were gawd damn brutal overall which is when you ought to hit at a much higher level. Of course Emery is only one out of two so far in the first round and many here whined about Long when he was taken.

Interesting. I still doubt what you say is true but it sure does tell us something when we're dead last. I'm sure the transition of GM's has a bit to do with it though as the new guy feels no loyalty to the old guy's picks, so he's able to "move on" a little easier. But with that said, we can all agree Angelo left this team in sorry shape, particularly in the OL. His first round picks were gawd damn brutal overall which is when you ought to hit at a much higher level. Of course Emery is only one out of two so far in the first round and many here whined about Long when he was taken.

Doubt it all you want, but the proof is in the link. We could randomly take guesses by throwing shit at a big board and pick the guy where the corn kernel sticks, and have a better bit rate than JA did. No doubt whatsoever.

The bar graph in the article says it all! I feel Emery and Trestman are a good fit. This front office seems to be re-building a very solid team while employing creative ways to add veterans without tying up the salary cap. The past two years has been interesting and the changes have been refreshing.