SCS Final Mock.

scs787

I'm not going off any mocks here just throwing out my ideal mock that seems plausible....

1R- Aaron Donald- I'm kinda gravitating to the whole S first round thing, but ideally, in my book, they get the most disruptive player in the draft to pair with our shiny new DEs.

2R- Deone Bucannon- I've been a Mundy supporter, but he's not making that much so he won't hurt as quality depth. Versatile enough to play FS as well.

3R- Caraun Reid- I'm calling him as my "WTF pick". May be seen as a bit of a reach, but he looked really good at the Senior Bowl and we're interested.

4R- Stanley Jean Baptiste- Phil has talked about looking at CBs to convert to S, and I think SJB and McGill might be the best options there. Might see Deone at FS with Mundy at SS to begin with but after a little bit of time I'd love to see SJB/Deone at FS/SS for the future. SJB also offers the versatility to play CB should an injury happen.

5R- Aaron Colvin- With Tillman/Jennings/Hayden/Frey and the potential of SJB dropping down to CB, I'd love to take a chance on Colvin who was once viewed as an early round CB before getting hurt. Give him a year to heal and learn from Tillman/Jennings and burst on the scene late this year or next year.

6R- Colt Lyerla- Another risk worth taking. I kinda like going with the high risk/high reward guys in the later rounds. Dude is drawing Gronk comps, and he's friends with Long, who also had past issues who could really end up helping him stay straight. Freaky potential who if he doesn't pan out only costs you a 6R pick.

6R- Tyler Gaffney- I'm really baffled why this kid isn't getting more love. I think he gives the Bears everything they want in a #2. Solid in pass protection, solid hands as a receiver, tough between the tackles runner with excellent size, capable of carrying the load should Forte go down.....Draft stock could be hurt by the fact that he was minor league baseball player and there could be questions about his commitment.

Draft has a lot of boom or bust potential, but I really think those guys will "boom".

Then grab my NU boy Damien Proby and Ivy league QB Jeff Matthews as 2 of many UDFAs.