Final thoughts on draft

Stinger226

Almost every thread refers to this years draft, so my last thoughts on what's going to happen.

DT and S are our two most pressings needs.

We wont be drafting a QB. Emery stated QBs drafted after the 3 rd dont stay on NFL rosters very long. There is a few exceptions to this rule but since our first two picks wont be a QB , we simply wont be grabbing one.

Emery will address the depth at RB and TE and dont discount a OL prospect somewhere at the end of the draft.

At the first pick, he will take the best D player on the board. Whether that be Gilbert,Donald,Haha or Mosely. I have no problem with any of those names.

If we trade back, Dennard,Pryor,Fuller, Hageman,Truitt, Nix all come into play.

I think our surprise pick will be Mosely because everybody thinks this isnt a need, but if he is the best D player on the board,it could happen.

Nix could also be a surprise pick. IF he didnt have his injury he would be rated a top 10 valve in this years draft.

S position is weak after the first two picks.

CB is deep and could see us waiting until the 3rd or 4th round with that spot.

After Donald (and I believe he will be gone) there are several 3 tier Ts to consider, Quarles,Easley,Hageman,Truitt,Johnson,Reid. We could wait until the 3rd or 4th round to address this need.

S is weak after the first two?

No way. Personally I feel a few of the S are top Quality

Yes, S is weak this year. I've heard interviews with multiple people who have been in front offices saying that the S class was very thin this year, and if you liked one you might have to move up to get him.

S is weak after the first two?

No way. Personally I feel a few of the S are top Quality

I think the first two will be instant starters but the next two Ward and Bucannon are question marks as starters there first year.The rest of the class is way back.