Would you pull a Ditka?

jason

The Bears' 3rd-6th picks equal out to about the value of a pick in the bottom of the second round. Bears 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 6th for a lower 2nd round pick.

Would you make that kind of move?

Suppose the following:

1. Donald is gone in the first, but Pryor and HHCD are available.

2. One of three DTs falls (Hageman, Jernigan, Tuitt)

2. Someone we like is there.

In this scenario, I would be pretty happy to see:

1. HHCD - Starts at FS immediately and reminds us of Mike Brown

2. Jernigan - Any of the three would make me happy at this point, but

2. Bucannon - Starts at SS immediately and

It'd be unconventional for sure, but I don't think I'd be super unhappy with it. They're more likely to start than a 6th rounder anyway.

This draft is way too deep for that IMO. I've heard numerous times that there is gonna be 2nd round value in the 4th and so on.

I agree and thats based on the talent in the draft last year.There are several guys who were thought to be top picks last year who stayed in school and are dropping this year. I believe Jake Matthews would have been the number one overall last year.

Agree.

Given the depth of this draft at some key positions of need, I think the organization should consider the anti Ditka and stockpile picks depending on how the scenario's work in round 1. I keep saying it, but if Donald is off the board, unless all of our other key guys are too, I think we move down and I think we could move down a decent number of picks, stockpile additional picks in rounds 2-3 and still get a DT that grades out in the 1st round (or a CB / Safety).

Given the depth of this draft at some key positions of need, I think the organization should consider the anti Ditka and stockpile picks depending on how the scenario's work in round 1. I keep saying it, but if Donald is off the board, unless all of our other key guys are too, I think we move down and I think we could move down a decent number of picks, stockpile additional picks in rounds 2-3 and still get a DT that grades out in the 1st round (or a CB / Safety).

I'm never real comfortable with when the "experts" say this is a deep draft, shallow draft, etc. Hell man, nobody knows! You could turn out to be totally right. Hopefully a "sure thing" slips to 14 and makes it easy on Emery.

The Bears' 3rd-6th picks equal out to about the value of a pick in the bottom of the second round. Bears 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 6th for a lower 2nd round pick.

Suppose the following:

It'd be unconventional for sure, but I don't think I'd be super unhappy with it. They're more likely to start than a 6th rounder anyway.

Not a good idea, there is no guarantee that those three will be great players. You give up all your picks and Jerrin is just average and Bucannon ends up being a backup. Mundy beats him out.

Suppose the following:

You are vastly underestimating the value of late round picks. Think about how we took Jordan Mills in the 5th round and he started every game at RT. Marquis Wilson is poised to be the #3 WR as a 7th round pick.