My last thoughts before the draft...

madlithuanian

I admit, I have very little knowledge of college ball, and can't really assess who in college will be great in the NFL. I've been both right and wrong with pure guesses and with some research. Although I think my batting average is better than Angelo's (that one's for you jason!), I don't think I really have a good enough feel to make a solid call on who exactly we should be getting. So, with that said...this is what I expect...

1. I expect Emery to get the right guy. I'd like that guy to play on the D side of the ball. I'd like him to be either a DT or a S. But I'd be fine with really any defensive slot. There's a case to be made to fill any spot. But if some amazing specimin of a human on O is ripe for the picking, then by all means so be it.

2. I will not judge Emery hastily if the pick feels odd. We all thought that with Long. Sure, we did with McCellin too. But, I will hold disappointment.

3. I won't hold back joy. If the pick is one of the handful of dudes we've all been talking about in depth, then I won't help but feel really happy. It's what it should have been.

4. I expect not to be completely sober. Those that know me, I'm sure will guess that a fine Scotch will be in hand. In fact, I may go local and pour a dram of McCarthy's from Portland Oregon. It's a lovely peated whiskey from Clear Creek Distillery in Portland. They import the peat from Islay in Scotland. The distiller is a huge fan of Laphroig and Lagavullin, so he wanted his to be an homage to that. If you get a chance, try a sip!

5. I won't be checking in, but you all will be on my mind with the pick! So many of you want particular guys, that it'll be hard not to think of you if such a pick happens. Or doesn't!

With that said, I'm closing up the computer for now with the possibility of jumping on late in the evening. I got out of my work obligation, so I'll be glued to the TV with another fellow Bears fan.

A big cheers to all of you and I look forward to the discussion after the fact.

GO PHIL!!!! GO BEARS!!!!

:cheers

4. I expect not to be completely sober.

No surprise there. :)

I got out of my work obligation, so I'll be glued to the TV with another fellow Bears fan.

I'll be flipping back and forth between NFL Network, ESPN and the Blackhawks game. Going to be a fun night!

EDIT: My bad, Hawks play tomorrow. That'll make it easier on me!

No surprise there. :) I'll be flipping back and forth between NFL Network, ESPN and the Blackhawks game. Going to be a fun night! EDIT: My bad, Hawks play tomorrow. That'll make it easier on me!

Don't do that! I was sure the game was tomorrow and about flipped. I want to go to bar/grill to watch and if hockey is on, then I wouldn't get to listen to the draft.