Day 3 picks

Stinger226

Time for RB. From an article I read, Emery may be looking for an oversized corner to develop into a FS. Of course, if I'm a big corner and my draft projection is not good as a corner, I'm entering the process promoting my ability to play safety. So, I'm not convinced that diamond is out there.

Time for RB. From an article I read, Emery may be looking for an oversized corner to develop into a FS. Of course, if I'm a big corner and my draft projection is not good as a corner, I'm entering the process promoting my ability to play safety. So, I'm not convinced that diamond is out there.

Everything after the first round is a crap shoot. I like FS names of Huff, Reynolds,Exum,Vereen. I suspect that is in the 5th round.

I could see them waiting on RB - Bears don't need a starter and there will be plenty of good names left in the 5th. I'd like to see them use their 4th round pick for the most NFL ready safety on their board, someone who could at least conceivably push our pu pu platter of safeties for a starting job. That means probably not a small school guy (Huff, Dowling) and probably not a convert (Watkins, McGill). That would leave guys like Dion Bailey, Ahmad Dixon, Antone Exum, Craig Losten, Ed Reynolds, Jemea Thoman, maybe even Vinnie Sunseri. I've also heard good things about Brock Vereen from some. I just want someone who can push for a job, because the thought of a Mundy/Jennings (or Conte) safety tandem does not fill me with confidence.

Everything after the first round is a crap shoot.

Are you sure?

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftology408_1.php

consistently in my study at least 10 players busted in the first round each time and we should expect this in the future. This means at least every third player will bust in the first round, and in some past drafts half the players busted in the first round.