Our Lads ratings

Stinger226

Our Lads is run by former scouts and I look often at there opinions.

1. They had Fuller rated as the 5th best prospect

2. They had Ego as the 4th best DT

3. They had Sutton rated as the 5th best DT

4a They had Carey as there top rated RB

4b I could not find his name in the ratings.

6 Fales as the 13th rated QB

6 Donnerly as the top rated punter

7 Leno as the 12th best T

UDA Jones as 4th best ILB

UDA Lattimer as the 7th best ILB

UDA Groy as 13th best G

Im not saying they are smarter than anybody else but they have at least been in the War Room before.

UDA Groy as 13th best G

Im not saying they are smarter than anybody else but they have at least been in the War Room before.

Good to hear Stinger...been to Mr. Donut lately? Is that still there?

I think we are in good hands....and am comfortable with the decisions. At the end of the day, wins or losses will tell the story. I am waiting, and have paid my NFL access account, so all is paid.

Good to hear Stinger...been to Mr. Donut lately? Is that still there?

I think we are in good hands....and am comfortable with the decisions. At the end of the day, wins or losses will tell the story. I am waiting, and have paid my NFL access account, so all is paid.

All that stuffs gone now, I doubt if there is anything still standing from the days you were around.

Definately a deep draft. We have solid building blocks now. Down the road, the could be viewed as a great draft.

Drafts, I believe take 3 years to play themselfs out. This year we will be grading his first draft. If SCM plays well at SLB then we will look at his first differently. Grabbing Jeffery and trading for Marshall almost negates the bad players he drafted.

Drafts, I believe take 3 years to play themselfs out. This year we will be grading his first draft. If SCM plays well at SLB then we will look at his first differently. Grabbing Jeffery and trading for Marshall almost negates the bad players he drafted.

Yeah, tough one as he didn't have his scouts in place and a different coach that had a large part on picking the personal. Shea should look better playing off the line.

Pro Bowlers from 2012-2013 Drafts:

Bears, Redskins, and Vikings with 2x Pro Bowlers, and we are only team with 1 in both years. Still early, but nice trend.

Andrew Luck, QB, IND

Robert Griffin III, QB, WAS

Matt Kalil, OT, MIN

Luke Kuechly, LB, CAR

Dontari Poe, DT, KC

Doug Martin, RB, TB

Alshon Jeffery, WR, CHI

Russell Wilson, QB, SEA

Nick Foles, QB, PHI

Alfred Morris, RB, WAS

Blair Walsh, K, MIN

Justin Bethel, S, ARZ

Eric Reid, S, SF

Kyle Long, OG, CHI

Eddie Lacy, RB, GB

UDA Groy as 13th best G

Thanks. That's a good sign. I was pretty happy with most of the draft myself but I'm not a "draft expert" so it's good to see acknowledgement like this.

UDA Groy as 13th best G

Fuller's ranking was all over the place. I've seen him anywhere from top CB in the draft to now 5th best CB. Key take away here is that scouts have their own tendencies and preferences as well. Some prefer more of the measurables, likely believing it's the coaches job to get the athlete to play well. Others may put more priority on the "football player" as opposed to the athlete. At this point I think Emery leans slightly more toward wanting football players who are also athletes. He said he had Fuller rated above Gilbert and Dennard. Three of his first four picks were all highly productive players in college, Ego Ferguson being the exception. OTOH, last year he took a risk on Kyle Long.

^^^^i think 5th best overall prospect, not cb...is what was meant

Im not sure what he means actually.

By position ourlads has him listed 4th best.......By underclassmen ranks he's ranked 30th....I'm not sure what he's ranked overall, but they don't seem to like him as much as other places.

damn, now you are making me feel old...haha.

We seen to have done well in the draft I think, but I am still mourning over Pryor...oh well.

I was listening to the radio today and they were talking about taking Fuller over the two safeties. The interesting part was we have two coaches that was on Louisville and Ala coaching staffs last year. I would say that gave us a front seat on those prospects. We took Fuller because he was a better player and all of that will play itself out.

I was listening to the radio today and they were talking about taking Fuller over the two safeties. The interesting part was we have two coaches that was on Louisville and Ala coaching staffs last year. I would say that gave us a front seat on those prospects. We took Fuller because he was a better player and all of that will play itself out.

But do the Bears have a coach from VaTech? Sometimes it's better to choose the known evil over the unknown.

But do the Bears have a coach from VaTech? Sometimes it's better to choose the known evil over the unknown.

The point was we knew the S prospects up close and personal and choose Fuller instead. If Emery thought he is a better player than the two Ss that is what he has to go with.

The point was we knew the S prospects up close and personal and choose Fuller instead. If Emery thought he is a better player than the two Ss that is what he has to go with.

Fuller was rated a top 5 player and Emery wasn't trading down or reaching for anything else. We drafted a S that is ready to get to work and we spent a future 5th round pick to get him. Drafting is not about one season, but 4 or more. We may have 5 guys that contribute right away which is great.

With Pryor and HHCD available, Fuller had to be rated a lot higher for Emery to go that route with Safety being a bigger need. I still would've preferred HHCD in the 1st but Fuller and Vereen is a pretty good consolation.

I understood the point, but countered with a different point. The fact that the Bears have a coach on staff who coached on the college teams of HHCD and Pryor, respectively, certainly means they have links to the team and could ask intimate questions. I doubt, however, that anyone at Alabama or Louisville would say anything negative about either player. Further, it's not like Groh (WR coach) had daily coaching moments with HHCD, or Hurtt (DL coach) with Pryor. So, the most likely situation is, the Bears scouted all three players, had Groh/Hurtt get back with the team and do some digging on their respective link, which undoubtedly came back positive, and then made a decision to go with Fuller based on undoubtedly less information.

Your final sentence is real point. I'm sure everyone thought/thinks Pryor and HHCD are going to be good (let's say 8 out of 10), but Emery et al. must think Fuller has the potential to be a 9 or a 10. I hope they're right.