Looks like Carey won't see much PT this year

jason

Ya, gotta be some sort of popularity contest. He was 2nd in the league in rushing and 4th in all purpose yards (1 of the guys ahead of him is a kick returner).

He's not real flashy, but he obviously gets the job done. I could care less about these rankings.

plus year two in the new offense should also help Forte and the rest of our skill players. In my PPR league I have the #1 pick, and logic would dictate I take charles... but I would love to have Forte again this year. Too bad it's not a keeper league. I've actually thought about reaching a little to grab Matt, I think he's in for a bigger year than last year. We are going to introduce draft pick trading (it's a redraft league) Maybe I'll trade down a couple spots. But a few years back when i had the first overall and everyone assumed I'd take Peterson or Foster, I took Rice and he had a monster year.

plus year two in the new offense should also help Forte and the rest of our skill players. In my PPR league I have the #1 pick, and logic would dictate I take charles... but I would love to have Forte again this year. Too bad it's not a keeper league. I've actually thought about reaching a little to grab Matt, I think he's in for a bigger year than last year. We are going to introduce draft pick trading (it's a redraft league) Maybe I'll trade down a couple spots. But a few years back when i had the first overall and everyone assumed I'd take Peterson or Foster, I took Rice and he had a monster year.

I'd bet against Forte having a bigger year this year than last but that's only because it looks like Carey is the kind of runner that doesn't go down. We may finally have that "goal line" guy we thought we had these last few years. So while Forte will likely have a very productive year in terms of catches, yardage, etc, he may not score as much.

I'd bet against Forte having a bigger year this year than last but that's only because it looks like Carey is the kind of runner that doesn't go down. We may finally have that "goal line" guy we thought we had these last few years. So while Forte will likely have a very productive year in terms of catches, yardage, etc, he may not score as much.

If Carey has talent, I would like to see him get 30% of the carries. It takes less wear off of Forte and lets his career last longer. Historically when RBs hit that wall they get bad quick. The less work Forte does preserves his life for an extra year or two.

so as far as Fantasy goes, would you:

a. Stay at #1 and take Charles

b. Stay at #1 and slightly reach for Forte

c. trade down a few spots and take Forte there

d. try to trade for a 2nd first rounder somewhere in the middle of the round and hope Forte falls and if not I'd still have a shot at another good RB.

I know in our league there are several owners who always seem to go QB first. Which is partly why I got Lynch and Forte last year.

Hard to pass on Charles but I like having Forte. Last year I was spoiled and had Forte and Lynch as my 1 & 2 because Forte dropped to me in the second.

so as far as Fantasy goes, would you:

a. Stay at #1 and take Charles

b. Stay at #1 and slightly reach for Forte

c. trade down a few spots and take Forte there

d. try to trade for a 2nd first rounder somewhere in the middle of the round and hope Forte falls and if not I'd still have a shot at another good RB.

I know in our league there are several owners who always seem to go QB first. Which is partly why I got Lynch and Forte last year.

Hard to pass on Charles but I like having Forte. Last year I was spoiled and had Forte and Lynch as my 1 & 2 because Forte dropped to me in the second.

C. All day. The hard thing is finding someone to trade with.

C. All day. The hard thing is finding someone to trade with.

That will be tough. The tricky part is the guy who has the second overall pick, is the same dude that kept wanting trade for Forte no matter how many times I said I wasn't trading him period and they weren't even good offers like crap players for him. If it wasn't for him trading down might be easier, considering if I trade down to #3 he very well might take him at #2 after whoever I trade takes Charles at #1. He really wouldn't be more of a reach than taking Rice a few years back. My best choice may be to stand pat and take Charles, as I could see Carey eating into some of Forte's load, Same thing with McCoy potentially being effected by Sproles. Charles is the main man in KC but lots of miles on those tires.

If Carey has talent, I would like to see him get 30% of the carries. It takes less wear off of Forte and lets his career last longer. Historically when RBs hit that wall they get bad quick. The less work Forte does preserves his life for an extra year or two.

Even in the modern NFL, I still believe RB's can get into a rhythm as the game goes on and too much rest can be a bad thing for production. But I agree if he has talent he should get carries and that will lengthen Forte's career. It's important, in this offense, that Jay get confidence in him early, like pre-season. The way that happens is Carey does a good job blocking and/or getting out into his pass patterns, whichever the play dictates. If Cutler loses confidence in him he'll be on the bench a lot more than either of us want.

Even in the modern NFL, I still believe RB's can get into a rhythm as the game goes on and too much rest can be a bad thing for production. But I agree if he has talent he should get carries and that will lengthen Forte's career. It's important, in this offense, that Jay get confidence in him early, like pre-season. The way that happens is Carey does a good job blocking and/or getting out into his pass patterns, whichever the play dictates. If Cutler loses confidence in him he'll be on the bench a lot more than either of us want.

That's probably what I'll end up doing, while I'd love to have Matt again this year, Charles has no real competition for carries other than to spell him from time to time. He's a dual threat. They did pick up De'Anthony Thomas in the draft who might play the role that McCluster did previously. Not many true feature backs out there so hard to pass up on Jamaal. Could even see taking McCoy even with sproles there, the amount of plays they run per game with that uptempo offense I can see another solid year for Shady.

I think Ka'Deem will get every third series. As long as he can pass block and hold onto the ball, he will get some action.

That's probably what I'll end up doing, while I'd love to have Matt again this year, Charles has no real competition for carries other than to spell him from time to time. He's a dual threat. They did pick up De'Anthony Thomas in the draft who might play the role that McCluster did previously. Not many true feature backs out there so hard to pass up on Jamaal. Could even see taking McCoy even with sproles there, the amount of plays they run per game with that uptempo offense I can see another solid year for Shady.

I don't do the FF stuff, but I'd say make sure you have a good 2nd RB on the roster because Charles will be injured again this year for the very reason you described above.

lots of milage but back on topic it does get old how Forte doesn't get the props he deserves, the Dude has been the rock in our offense since he got here. I still remember his first TD run as a Bear vs the Colts in Indy he just exploded through the line for a long TD run. His cutback ability and vision, soft hands, and versatility has been so valuable to our offense. His stats are right up there with the some of the best Bears RB's second only to Walter in total yards. He's been one of my favorite Bears, great guy on and off the field. Forte does his talking on the field.

Part of Forte's problem is that he makes what he does look easy. Don't misunderstand me because that is a huge compliment. He just goes about his business, sets up blocks, finds the hole to cut into and goes. Everything just looks so smooth but when we step back and look at the big picture we (Bears fans) all know there aren't that many guys that can do all the things he does as well as he does them.

When I see the Top 100 Players on NFL Network with Eddy Lacy ahead of Forte it validates that point. People like the bruising runner who breaks the tackle more than the guy that avoids the hit altogether.

Forte now has bulletin board material as motivation

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000034...00-players-list

A pissed off Forte is something that makes me happy.

You might been wrong in that statement. If Carey runs like he did in college.....then they might rest Forte a little more than they did last year. .....let's hope he's not resting too much.

Lets look at it from a Bears fan historic perspective. How many times did we see a Bears RB take himself out a game in the redzone after breaking off a 20 yard run. Forte has done this a lot and this team has felt the need to bring in guys that could punch it into the endzone. Forte doesn't score as many redzone TDs as his salary and his presumed pedigree dictates. If Iwanted to compare Forte to a Bears back of the past it would be Neal Anderson with the stipulation that Forte is not as fast as Anderson was but posseses some of the same ability. He has yet to prove that he can consistently be the "Bell Cow" and so that ranking that his "Peers" gave him should truly motivate him this season. We are use to the 30 carry RBs throughout the history of this franchise and to see a guy who takes himself out of games when Payton had his shoulder popped back into place kinda rubs me the wrong way. Forte is moving up the charts as a rusher in Bears history but he has not done it as totally the feature back.

There's no other Payton.

That's why I'm OK with Forte taking it close and letting someone else punch it...

Makes sense to me. 1 Payton = 2 non-Paytons. ;)

Lets look at it from a Bears fan historic perspective. How many times did we see a Bears RB take himself out a game in the redzone after breaking off a 20 yard run. Forte has done this a lot and this team has felt the need to bring in guys that could punch it into the endzone. Forte doesn't score as many redzone TDs as his salary and his presumed pedigree dictates. If Iwanted to compare Forte to a Bears back of the past it would be Neal Anderson with the stipulation that Forte is not as fast as Anderson was but posseses some of the same ability. He has yet to prove that he can consistently be the "Bell Cow" and so that ranking that his "Peers" gave him should truly motivate him this season. We are use to the 30 carry RBs throughout the history of this franchise and to see a guy who takes himself out of games when Payton had his shoulder popped back into place kinda rubs me the wrong way. Forte is moving up the charts as a rusher in Bears history but he has not done it as totally the feature back.

There's no other Payton.

That's why I'm OK with Forte taking it close and letting someone else punch it...

Makes sense to me. 1 Payton = 2 non-Paytons. ;)

Mad L as you can see this has kind of bothered me for awhile because Forte has never been the same since his 316 attmp season as a rookie. Since then he hasn't come close to that production until we got Marshall and Jeffrey and had 289 attmp. which also was the second highest yrds per @ 4.6. I just don't like the tap out thing he does because I would prefer for him to be told to come off the field.

Mad L as you can see this has kind of bothered me for awhile because Forte has never been the same since his 316 attmp season as a rookie. Since then he hasn't come close to that production until we got Marshall and Jeffrey and had 289 attmp. which also was the second highest yrds per @ 4.6. I don't like the tap out thing he does because I would prefer for him to be told to come off the field.

Forte took himself out? Or was it the OC? For most of Forte's years, the line was awful. They would use a jumbo package at the goal line and could never punch it in with the other back either. With Trestman, I haven't seen them remove Forte in those situations. For the most part, he would even come back in for goal line carries if he came out for a few plays. Now that we have a oline and a good offensive minded coach, I don't think we will see that happening much anymore.

Forte took himself out? Or was it the OC? For most of Forte's years, the line was awful. They would use a jumbo package at the goal line and could never punch it in with the other back either. With Trestman, I haven't seen them remove Forte in those situations. For the most part, he would even come back in for goal line carries if he came out for a few plays. Now that we have a oline and a good offensive minded coach, I don't think we will see that happening much anymore.

If you watch the games you will see Forte look toward the sideline and raise his hand and go out of the game this has happened a lot and may contribute to him being slighted by his peers in the top 100 players in the league. I personally think heis top 25 even if he takes himself out of the games from time to time.