7th Rd pick, Leno signed

madlithuanian

Not to rain on the Stein parade but after the new CBA was put in place, rookie contracts are mere formalities with bonuses and salaries basically predetermined by draft slot.

I don't think we'll see anyone holdout in the whole league.

All I know is that this guy has signed his picks quick every even when he was under the old CBA and there will be 3 young players not having to worry about purchasing insurance policies when mini camp opens and will be able to go to the facility now and workout.

Not to rain on the Stein parade but after the new CBA was put in place, rookie contracts are mere formalities with bonuses and salaries basically predetermined by draft slot.

True. But he gets our guys done so fast it's like ordering a sandwich from Jimmy John's!

I think the new CBA structure you mentioned was in use last year? Right? It makes it easier to sign draftees but does not mean there will not be hold outs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...e-top-10-picks/

I think the new CBA structure you mentioned was in use last year? Right? It makes it easier to sign draftees but does not mean there will not be hold outs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...e-top-10-picks/

Interesting, ya I think it was last year.

I just saw that quote about the contracts being formalities on rotoworld and thought I'd throw it out there.

The contracts may be more of a formality in terms of there is a bracket but that hasn't changed the fact that every year many teams don't get players signed until well into the summer, and a few are signed just before camp starts. If it is so easy then why aren't all the other teams signing their players at this rate? What's happened is the Bears now have a solid reputation among all the agents that our contract offers will be fair and we aren't looking to save every nickel. They know they can sign early and that even as other players sign their deal will still be a good one for their player.

Your right but doesnt it seem were always the first with all of our players signed.