Breakout player for 2014

Stinger226

With all the new bodies on the club, I am curious who everybody thinks will have a breakout year that was already on the team.

My choice will be Cris Williams-We are in dire need of a new return man and I think he carries that torch.

He has speed to burn, he will also contribute at WR as our 5th wideout. With all the new players, he will find a place to succeed.

With all the new bodies on the club, I am curious who everybody thinks will have a breakout year that was already on the team.

My choice will be Cris Williams-We are in dire need of a new return man and I think he carries that torch.

He has speed to burn, he will also contribute at WR as our 5th wideout. With all the new players, he will find a place to succeed.

This is a good one. I could go Marquese Wilson who will have a bigger role, Chris Conte who could redeem himself, but I am choosing Shea McClellin. I think the Bears new scheme will be set up for him to be able to blitz often from different areas. His draft profile size and measurables were unbelievable, but he didnt work out being a smaller DE. Hoping those measurables make him excel as a LB.

Marques Wilson for me. He trained with Brandon this off-season and I expect him to be a huge asset #3WR and fill-in for any potential injuries/rest time.

This is a good one. I could go Marquese Wilson who will have a bigger role, Chris Conte who could redeem himself, but I am choosing Shea McClellin. I think the Bears new scheme will be set up for him to be able to blitz often from different areas. His draft profile size and measurables were unbelievable, but he didnt work out being a smaller DE. Hoping those measurables make him excel as a LB.

Marques Wilson for me. He trained with Brandon this off-season and I expect him to be a huge asset #3WR and fill-in for any potential injuries/rest time.

Wilson is the logical choice,but how many chances will he get when you have Marshall,Jeffery,Bennett and Forte on the team? I think he does ok, but sneaky think Williams does great as a KRer.

I'm goin with my guy Jon Bostic. Everyone loved him in preseason (when he actually has a DL in front of him) and I still believe he has loads of potential. I think he wins the MLB job over DJ and just takes off with the improved DL in front of him.

Of the rookies I think Vereen takes the job right out of the gate and has the biggest impact of any rookie in year 1.

Of the new additions, I'll say Ryan Mundy. Anyone's going to look good after our safety play last year, but I think he really helps solidify the back end.

Of the rookies, I'll go with Will Sutton. There will be a lot of attention paid to the ends, and Sutton's penetrating ability is something no one else on the roster really adds. I can see him in the rotation early and making a lot of big plays as the season goes on.

Young veteran Marquise Wilson should blossom similar after working out with Marshall and Jeffery who benefitted from the experience last year.

Rookie Ka Deem Carey because he should probably get the most chances of any other rookie on this team to make an impact spelling Forte. He just needs to prove his pass blocking ability to see the field regularly.

Right there with ya lemon...

I too think Carey, of the rooks, will be a big impact. TD vulture.

Young veteran Marquise Wilson should blossom similar after working out with Marshall and Jeffery who benefitted from the experience last year.

Rookie Ka Deem Carey because he should probably get the most chances of any other rookie on this team to make an impact spelling Forte. He just needs to prove his pass blocking ability to see the field regularly.

pat O'Donnell. Not cutting the other players short, but I think the change in punting will be drastic and have major effects in games.

Of the others, I think Ratliff may surprise us the most with a really solid year.

I expect him to kick much better than Podlesh/Maynard so he wouldn't be a surprise to me.

Guest TerraTor
I'm goin with my guy Jon Bostic. Everyone loved him in preseason (when he actually has a DL in front of him) and I still believe he has loads of potential. I think he wins the MLB job over DJ and just takes off with the improved DL in front of him.

Of the rookies I think Vereen takes the job right out of the gate and has the biggest impact of any rookie in year 1.

I was gonna say Bostic too. Put him on the outside where he belongs and tell him to plow anybody in his way

I was gonna say Bostic too. Put him on the outside where he belongs and tell him to plow anybody in his way

At the moment Bostic is being told he needs to slow down because he keeps over-running the play. That's a good thing.

He does remind me of Hester with his initial step/juke on returns.

Didn't wanna make a new thread for this and here seems like the best place for it....Brandon Marshall brought up Fendi's name when talking about spreading the ball around this year. It'd be real fun to see him be the guy that breaks out on the offensive side of the ball this year.

It'd be hell for opposing defenses to match up with Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett/Onubun.

Shea McClellin. Nobody has worked harder to prepare for this season and I think it shows up on day one of training camp.

x2. I think SMC will be this year's AJ.

And, similar to Lemon and MadLith I think that Wilson will have some noticeable impact. With Trestman's knack at offense and if Wilson does perform through camp and preseason we could see some interesting offense scheming.