brandon marshall

bowlingtwig

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/...act-with-bears/

Brandon Marshall announces new contract with Bears

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 19, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT

BrandonMarshall

AP

Brandon Marshall has signed a new contract with the Bears, and announced it in a venue where NFL news had not previously been broken.

Marshall appeared on The View today to say that he has agreed to a new three-year, $30 million contract extension. He also announced that he will donate $1 million to treatment for people with mental health issues. Marshall himself has been open about his own struggle with mental illness, and the way treatment helped him turn his life around.

On the field, Marshall has been outstanding in Chicago, starting all 32 games since the Bears traded for him two years ago and catching a total of 218 passes for 2,803 yards and 23 touchdowns. Marshall has a great rapport with quarterback Jay Cutler, who also signed a long-term deal to remain in Chicago, and the two of them will be together for years to come.

Marshall is one of just three players in NFL history (along with Andre Johnson and Wes Welker) to have five different 100-catch seasons.

Dude just signed a 3 yr $30M extension live on the view this morning

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/...act-with-bears/

Brandon Marshall announces new contract with Bears

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 19, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT

BrandonMarshall

AP

Brandon Marshall has signed a new contract with the Bears, and announced it in a venue where NFL news had not previously been broken.

Marshall appeared on The View today to say that he has agreed to a new three-year, $30 million contract extension. He also announced that he will donate $1 million to treatment for people with mental health issues. Marshall himself has been open about his own struggle with mental illness, and the way treatment helped him turn his life around.

On the field, Marshall has been outstanding in Chicago, starting all 32 games since the Bears traded for him two years ago and catching a total of 218 passes for 2,803 yards and 23 touchdowns. Marshall has a great rapport with quarterback Jay Cutler, who also signed a long-term deal to remain in Chicago, and the two of them will be together for years to come.

Marshall is one of just three players in NFL history (along with Andre Johnson and Wes Welker) to have five different 100-catch seasons.

Thx for posting details

I was actually thinking he'd get somewhere in the 12-15 range.

Man, I just love what Emery has done with this team. What I find a little interesting to look at now is the 2015 season. I'll start a new thread for that so I don't take away from the BMarsh talks.

I was actually thinking he'd get somewhere in the 12-15 range.

Man, I just love what Emery has done with this team. What I find a little interesting to look at now is the 2015 season. I'll start a new thread for that so I don't take away from the BMarsh talks.

Your right about Emery, time will tell if he is good at his job but he sure goes after weaknesses with a bang. First he addressed WR, then TE,. OL and now DL. I dont think he can accomplish all our needs in one offseason. He still needs more work on the S position and figure out what we got for LBers but the DL will be huge.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this deal was done a long time ago and Marshall wanted to bring Mental Health Awareness month in big and held off the signing until today. He has been nothing but first class since becoming a Bear and he has been a big inspiration/leader for the young Bears. What will top it off is a Championship. Congrats Brandon!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this deal was done a long time ago and Marshall wanted to bring Mental Health Awareness month in big and held off the signing until today. He has been nothing but first class since becoming a Bear and he has been a big inspiration/leader for the young Bears. What will top it off is a Championship. Congrats Brandon!

I think the plans were in place, but this is what he wanted so they accommodated him.I think they didnt want to deal with a distaction thru the year with his contract unsettled so they did the right thing and did it now.