Back to the Bears

Daventry

Allright....back to the Bears!

Who is everyone's favourite Bear within the current team?

I would go for Tillman probably myself.

I am waiting for a Bears safety to come out again, like Plank, Brown, Parrish, or Fenczik (spelling? SCS, can you help?)

But my favourite of all time......hmmm.

I have to go with Wilber Marshall.....what a linebacker he was!

Interesting because I had to think about this for a minute. I've always been a Tillman fan and so I'll stick with him as my favorite. My favorite player through the years has always been on defense but if he continues to grow into his potential Kyle Long may take over once Tillman retires. Another player on the long-term horizon for me is Will Sutton but that is largely because I've been watching him play for years and I'm optimistic about what he can do on our revised defensive front.

Current: Brandon Marshall. While Tillman is a close second...everything that Marshall has brought since coming here simply has me feeling good.

All Time: Can't help it. Butkus.

Allright....back to the Bears!

Who is everyone's favourite Bear within the current team?

I would go for Tillman probably myself.

I am waiting for a Bears safety to come out again, like Plank, Brown, Parrish, or Fenczik (spelling? SCS, can you help?)

But my favourite of all time......hmmm.

I have to go with Wilber Marshall.....what a linebacker he was!

Current: Brandon Marshall. While Tillman is a close second...everything that Marshall has brought since coming here simply has me feeling good.

Ditto. Marshall has presented himself as a solid team player and he catches almost anything. Butkus was the MAN at MLB.

I would have to go with Brandon as a close second to my fav current players....

Butkus...yes, he has to be the man...hard to beat.

But we have Payton, Sayers, and so many others.

How can you pick one?

We are spoiled for choice!

Interesting because I had to think about this for a minute. I've always been a Tillman fan and so I'll stick with him as my favorite. My favorite player through the years has always been on defense but if he continues to grow into his potential Kyle Long may take over once Tillman retires. Another player on the long-term horizon for me is Will Sutton but that is largely because I've been watching him play for years and I'm optimistic about what he can do on our revised defensive front.

I will keep an eye on Sutton...he must be good!

I checked out NFL game day and watched the Bears vs the Packers from last year...that was a good game!

Old MC redeemed himself...

Seriously! You can almost go favorite by era...almost!

I would have to go with Brandon as a close second to my fav current players....

Butkus...yes, he has to be the man...hard to beat.

But we have Payton, Sayers, and so many others.

How can you pick one?

We are spoiled for choice!

This is a tough question, with 54 done I really havent thought about who is my favorite.

If Jared Allen plays well I will be a huge supporter.

Love watching Marshal and Alshon.

I love watching them too...what a duo! Hard to get better....I would not trade with any other team in an even swap.

Seriously! You can almost go favorite by era...almost!

Indeed....

But I feel guilty for leaving out Singletary, Hampton, McMichael, Parrish, Brown, and so many who shed their blood on our field.

But for me...in my life....Wilber Marshall was the man.....

I agree, Marshall is becoming the face of this franchise with all the pub he gets cause he has issues and have overcome them.

Matty

Good to see you back Terra!

I agree.Forte is the man, a tough one for sure.

I have high standard with running backs I suppose....having lived through so many good ones....Payton, Anderson, Harris, etc........

And i tend to lean on defence...that is me, hence my love for the Marshalls, Singletary's, and Planks.

Forte...one cannot complain about him...he is a good Bear, to say the least.

Guest TerraTor
Good to see you back Terra!

I agree.Forte is the man, a tough one for sure.

I have high standard with running backs I suppose....having lived through so many good ones....Payton, Anderson, Harris, etc........

And i tend to lean on defence...that is me, hence my love for the Marshalls, Singletary's, and Planks.

Forte...one cannot complain about him...he is a good Bear, to say the least.

I never left.. ha!

Sayers All-time with Walter close second and of course Jeffrey(Jeffries from my bad spelling days) was a fav of mine at South Carolina. All the critics were wrong about his work ethic and ranked him behind Blackmon coming out.

If I had to name my all-time Bears secondary it would be Tillman and Rosey Taylor at CB and Fencik and Pettibon at safety.

At LB Butkus flanked by Marshall and Buffone with Wilson barely missing the cut.

DL would consist of Hampton, Atkins, Chambers and Peppers.

On offense Cutler Beats out Luckman finally at QB.

My Backfield is Sayers and Payton to Hell with a FB.

My Wrs are Marshall and Marcus Robinson with Johnny Morris in the slot and Ditka is the TE

My OL is Mike Pyle at C, Jimbo Covert at LT, Keith Van Horne at RT, Noah Jackson at RG and Jim Cadile at LG.

Returnman is Devin Hester, Punter Boby Joe Green and Kicker is Robbie Gould edging out Butthead.

Sayers All-time with Walter close second and of course Jeffrey(Jeffries from my bad spelling days) was a fav of mine at South Carolina.

If I had to name my all-time Bears secondary it would be Tillman and Rosey Taylor at CB and Fencik and Pettibon at safety.

Have to say I agree big time on Jeffery. Still remember him playing in that bowl game against Nebraska where he got ejected for fighting but still won MVP.

And where is Doug Plank in your secondary? Wasn't he a better hitter than Fencik?