Cowboys interested in Urlacher

AZ54

And the back & forth goes on...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/...r-from-cowboys/

Report: “Not much” interest in Urlacher from Cowboys

Posted by Darin Gantt on June 2, 2014, 10:27 AM EDT

610x350-u-turn-change-direction-arrow-sign

Nearly as soon as we passed along the report of Ed Werder of ESPN that the Cowboys were considering Brian Urlacher, the reactions began suggesting that it was extremely unlike to happen.

The latest of those dispatches comes from Werder himself, who said a team source told him they had “not much” interest in the former Bears linebacker.

(As a side note, we’ve documented ESPN-on-ESPN crime here before, but this might be the first time with the plaintiff and the defense are the same person.)

The reality is, names such as Urlacher and Vilma sound good, but are better in theory than reality. There’s a reason no one signed Urlacher a year ago, and the Cowboys are admitting that they’re looking for a two-down platoon player.

As tempting as the name might be, it appears unlikely that it will happen.

Unless Werder comes back later today and says it will.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,4882964.story

First they say they are content to fill their MLB void via their current roster now they consider luring a retired MLB back to the game. Nothing serious here in terms of negotiations but I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas reached out to Urlacher's agent.

lol, I mentioned this in another thread right after Lee went down.

I highly doubt it, as there are some things in his favor (health), there are others working against him (age, rust).

Thats a pretty stupid idea. His body didnt grow new ligaments because he hasnt played for a year. I have had both of my knees replaced that they dont get better once damaged, its never going to happen, he is probably smarter than that to even try.

Thats a pretty stupid idea. His body didnt grow new ligaments because he hasnt played for a year. I have had both of my knees replaced that they dont get better once damaged, its never going to happen, he is probably smarter than that to even try.

I agree this is likely Dallas just speculating where they could look and based on past experience in the system it is logical Urlacher's name came up. However it is not logical that they'd pursue him a year after he retires when no team had interest in him. What we can gather is that Dallas is definitely looking for options. Will they get more desperate as training camp approaches?

It sounds like Werder asked a Cowboy staffer "How much interest is there in Urlacher" and the guy said "not much" and from that he took it to mean there was some, and then had to backtrack.

"So you're saying there's a chance?"

What is a stupid idea? An older player coming back from injury a year removed from playing and making a comeback? Peyton Manning says hello.

I really depends on what type of shape he is in, and if he is capable of being at least serviceable, though very unlikely at this point. We will have to wait for some YouTube workout videos to see.

Maybe they would like a fresh SMC if he ends up behind Williams, Bostic, Briggs, and Greene on the depth chart.

What is a stupid idea? An older player coming back from injury a year removed from playing and making a comeback? Peyton Manning says hello.

I really depends on what type of shape he is in, and if he is capable of being at least serviceable, though very unlikely at this point. We will have to wait for some YouTube workout videos to see.

Maybe they would like a fresh SMC if he ends up behind Williams, Bostic, Briggs, and Greene on the depth chart.

As soon as Urlacher figured out nobody was going to give him alot of money, he wasnt playing anymore. The only way this story got started was some writer suggested it and it got legs. Bad idea and will never happen. sometimes over is just over. Thanks Brian, but goodbye.