Alshon a bit too cocky?

CrackerDog

I didn't find anything he said to be cocky. He basically said the same as you.

Agreed. He didn't sound cocky, just stating facts. He and Marshall together are probably the best WR tandem in the NFL. Alshon stated that as much and said what's done is done (2013) and now he needs to move on to be consistent.

Agreed. He didn't sound cocky, just stating facts. He and Marshall together are probably the best WR tandem in the NFL. Alshon stated that as much and said what's done is done (2013) and now he needs to move on to be consistent.

OK, glad you're reading it the same way as me. If you just read the headline you might think differently.

I think to go out and dominate in the NFL you need to have a chip on your shoulder. It's different than how we would talk to each other, but it's good to believe in yourself. I'm sure it's a mind game to try to consider yourself amongst the best in the NFL, so that he can verbalize that is a good sign that he's not over his head.

And, he might be right :)

GO BEARS!

No complaints from me at all. Never ever have we had a thread on this board where we debated if the Bears had the best WR duo in the NFL. All they did this offseason was work out just as hard as they did in 2013 and they took Marquess Wilson down there with them to help him too. They are not being selfish and prima-donna's as some WR are even though Marshall has admitted to being that way in the past.

OK, glad you're reading it the same way as me. If you just read the headline you might think differently.

Saw a snippet of the actual 'Q and A' regarding this and he said that 'what happened last year is last year' . 'We'll have to see..." when asked about how this year will go. If I didn't know any better you'd almost think he didn't have a great year and perhaps thinks he Underperformed. Nevertheless, I think he was unassuming enough that I get the feeling he is sincere that he and Brandon will build upon what they did last year.

Oh, and I might mention he wants not only for he and BM to do well but everyone else, to include Bennett, Forte, Wilson etc. Pretty sure that's not cockiness.

* Edit: cockiness wouldn't be unwarranted if he chose to. He was just voted as #54 in the 'The Top 100 players in the NFL for 2014'. Not too shabby.

As someone else posted this is our first experience at having these kind of WRs and for a change its nice to see. For years the RBs or LBs were the face of this franchise but that has change. When you have Pro Bowl WRs the talking comes along with it even if its no bragging it becomes twisted cockiness. Prior to this tandem the most prolific tandem was Marcus Robinson and Curtis Conway under Gary Crowton's offense which was deemed "College" at the time. Those "Bubble and WR screens are a regular call on NFL Sundays.

Prior to this tandem the most prolific tandem was Marcus Robinson and Curtis Conway under Gary Crowton's offense which was deemed "College" at the time. Those "Bubble and WR screens are a regular call on NFL Sundays.

Maybe you mean Jeff Graham because Conway's big years, IIRC, were with Jeff opposite him. Conway did OK in 99 but Bobby Engram had the big stats with Marcus that year.

Maybe you mean Jeff Graham because Conway's big years, IIRC, were with Jeff opposite him. Conway did OK in 99 but Bobby Engram had the big stats with Marcus that year.

He did have more receptions and yds but scored the same amount of TDs as Conway who was more of a down the field threat than Engram who basically played in the middle of the field. I should have included Engram and called them the most prolific trio WRs prior to Marshall, Jeffrey and E Bennett.

BTW wasn't Graham gone when Crowton was OC?

BTW wasn't Graham gone when Crowton was OC?

To my recollection, yes. But I just remember Conway/Graham a lot more than Conway/Robinson. Conway and Graham were a pretty damn good tandem. I'll take Marshall/Jefferey over them big time but they were solid in a less dynamic offense with a much less capable QB.

Marty Booker was damn good in his day too! Don't off the top of my head recall him having a stud sidekick, however. :)

To my recollection, yes. But I just remember Conway/Graham a lot more than Conway/Robinson. Conway and Graham were a pretty damn good tandem. I'll take Marshall/Jefferey over them big time but they were solid in a less dynamic offense with a much less capable QB.

Marty Booker was damn good in his day too! Don't off the top of my head recall him having a stud sidekick, however. :)

He was a pup with Robinson in 99 and was part of one of the best drafts of the 90's with 6 guys actually getting starting jobs and contributing. I remember a game early in Booker's career where he was getting his helmet outfitted to be the backup QB on the sideline and boydid he look nervous.