Training Camp Surprise

AZ54

I'm still fighting off the boredom of July so it's time to ask about what folks are expecting out of our players who didn't contribute much last year or who weren't even on the roster. Given how bad our D was there are plenty of opportunities for someone to garner attention in training camp. On offense it's a different story but there are some spots such as backup RB, 3rd WR, that figure to see some serious competition.

I'm going with Kyle Fuller. I was very impressed by his highlight videos (game film not just highlights) and I think he's an excellent football player with outstanding instincts and smarts. I think he shows up early and often in camp, even against our WRs, and again during the preseason games.

Guest TerraTor

Not sure it's a Surprise but I'm in on Vereen. He and a healthy Adrian Wilson will more than likely hold the safety position all season.

I still don't like the Fuller pick but whatever. I'd put Jennings at Nickel to be be honest.

Not sure it's a Surprise but I'm in on Vereen. He and a healthy Adrian Wilson will more than likely hold the safety position all season. I still don't like the Fuller pick but whatever. I'd put Jennings at Nickel to be be honest.

I think the Bears will play Jennings more at the Nickel myself, Fuller will get as much experience in the position he was drafted to hold down.

My training camp surprise is Ego Fergusan, I believe he will challenge Paea and possibly take over with the first team.

8 Days until camp opens....

I'm still fighting off the boredom of July so it's time to ask about what folks are expecting out of our players who didn't contribute much last year or who weren't even on the roster. Given how bad our D was there are plenty of opportunities for someone to garner attention in training camp. On offense it's a different story but there are some spots such as backup RB, 3rd WR, that figure to see some serious competition.

I'm going with Kyle Fuller. I was very impressed by his highlight videos (game film not just highlights) and I think he's an excellent football player with outstanding instincts and smarts. I think he shows up early and often in camp, even against our WRs, and again during the preseason games.

Its going to be Lamar Houston, given the players Emery put around him, he will flourish.

Its going to be Lamar Houston, given the players Emery put around him, he will flourish.

That would be a surprise indeed as Houston is a solid player but if he somehow steps up to the next level opposite Jared Allen we could be in for some great pass rushes.