Day 3 Twitter updates

adam

https://twitter.com/BobLeGere

#Bears 1-on-1 pass-rush drill: DE Trevor Scott opening some eyes: beats Jermon Bushrod, then destroys Cody Booth.

#Bears 1-on-1 pass-rush drill: OLT Jermon Bushrod stonewalls DE Jared Allen.

#Bears rookie P Patrick O'Donnell booms a monster punt 70-plus yards in the air with unofficial hang time of 5.12.

#Bears WR Marquess Wilson gets behind CB Tim Jennings to haul in deep ball from Jay Cutler. Rookie S Brock Vereen arrives too late to help.

https://twitter.com/CSNMoonMullin

Good McClellin blitz, near sack in base personnel #BearsTalk

Kyle Fuller PD vs Alshon Jeffery in individual. Ex covg in tough situation drill.

Highlight stuff: Brandon Marshall one-hand grab over chas Tillman #BearsTalk

Pat odonnel just launched punt 70 yds in the air. Crowd lovin it. #BearsTalk

Some Fuller comments in other thread.

O'Donnell is a stud, 70 yards punts, we are going to be pinning teams back this year.

https://twitter.com/BobLeGere

https://twitter.com/CSNMoonMullin

Some Fuller comments in other thread.

O'Donnell is a stud, 70 yards punts, we are going to be pinning teams back this year.

[/quote

This is going to be good for the team.......giving us better field position for our new look defense to work with

Depends. There is a thing called out kicking the coverage. But if it was toward a sideline and he's consistent it'll make those who questioned the pick look like fools.

The 70 yard kick had over 5 seconds hang time, which is ridiculous. I loved the pick from Day 1 and thought it was one of our biggest needs after DLine and Safety.

Here is a clip:

Fans chanting Meg-a-Punt, lol.

The 70 yard kick had over 5 seconds hang time, which is ridiculous. I loved the pick from Day 1 and thought it was one of our biggest needs after DLine and Safety.

Here is a clip:

Fans chanting Meg-a-Punt, lol.

Ha. Even I can cover 70 yards in 5 seconds! Thanks.

PS. Not really.... But the guys in the NFL should be able to get there and surround the receiver as he makes the catch.

PS. Not really.... But the guys in the NFL should be able to get there and surround the receiver as he makes the catch.

Yeah. 5 seconds of hang time is a life time for the gunners. But let's see what happens when games take shape. 1 thing to do in practice but completely different in an nfl game. But will say I was a fan also

Aren't the quicker combine times for the 40 in the neighborhood of 4-5 secs? Just doing simple math tells me that at that pace (without running around or through people) one should be able to cover the 70 yard span somewhere in the 6-7 sec range? A '5 second hang time' doesn't seem like a long time in that regard. Could speak to the 'out of coverage' Wesson was talking about. The 70 yards is awesome though.

Aren't the quicker combine times for the 40 in the neighborhood of 4-5 secs? Just doing simple math tells me that at that pace (without running around or through people) one should be able to cover the 70 yard span somewhere in the 6-7 sec range? A '5 second hang time' doesn't seem like a long time in that regard. Could speak to the 'out of coverage' Wesson was talking about. The 70 yards is awesome though.

You have to also add time to factor in the snap until the punt (not sure how much time that is). Also on the flip side, your gunners are going to have to battle with blocks, etc, so that will effect time to get down too.

You have to also add time to factor in the snap until the punt (not sure how much time that is). Also on the flip side, your gunners are going to have to battle with blocks, etc, so that will effect time to get down too.

Right, a normal punt would be about 40 to 50 yards and would have hang time of around 4 seconds, right? So we're only adding a second to cover that extra 20 yards or so. I guess with momentum already going forward that's possible but when you get there you could be in a bad position to make a tackle.

I'm not too worried about it. The coaches will work with him to get more height and less distance on his big booms. That'll help with coverage everywhere but Dallas where he'll probably hit the scoreboard.

I'm not too worried about it. The coaches will work with him to get more height and less distance on his big booms. That'll help with coverage everywhere but Dallas where he'll probably hit the scoreboard.

Yep. Funny there is this much discussion about punting, but considering how much a difference last years punting game made on some overall outcomes...this is encouraging. I think if they are able to concentrate on directional punting, that will be key. I mean, a guy that can kick 70 yards AND put it inside the 10 or 5 yard line near the sideline...now we're talking.

Right, a normal punt would be about 40 to 50 yards and would have hang time of around 4 seconds, right? So we're only adding a second to cover that extra 20 yards or so. I guess with momentum already going forward that's possible but when you get there you could be in a bad position to make a tackle.

You dont have to worry about hitting the scoreboard. ....because we play the Cowboys at home this year