What's missing

AZ54

For those lucky few who can make it to training camp, or tonight's practice at Soldier Field, there are some question marks on the roster that I haven't yet heard much about.

TE…. is there anyone looking like a decent backup to Martellus Bennett? I haven't seen or heard much about Rosario or any of the others at this position.

Backup RB…seen some news here and there about this competition but it doesn't sound as if anyone has stood out yet. Most of the practice highlights I see of Ford are because someone is forcing him to fumble (i.e. a defensive highlight). I've seen enough that it's a concern for me even if nobody has mentioned it yet. Carey has been quiet as well. For sure this is one position where the preseason games with real hitting give a better indication than practice. It's also why I think that is where Ka'Deem Carey will begin to show why we drafted him. Despite his stature he is a physical runner.

Safety… of course there's been non-stop discussion about this position. The recent rotations mean either nobody is standing out and they are shuffling things around hoping for someone to step up or they found a gem in a Dallas castoff. I go with the former.

For those lucky few who can make it to training camp, or tonight's practice at Soldier Field, there are some question marks on the roster that I haven't yet heard much about.

TE…. is there anyone looking like a decent backup to Martellus Bennett? I haven't seen or heard much about Rosario or any of the others at this position.

Backup RB…seen some news here and there about this competition but it doesn't sound as if anyone has stood out yet. Most of the practice highlights I see of Ford are because someone is forcing him to fumble (i.e. a defensive highlight). I've seen enough that it's a concern for me even if nobody has mentioned it yet. Carey has been quiet as well. For sure this is one position where the preseason games with real hitting give a better indication than practice. It's also why I think that is where Ka'Deem Carey will begin to show why we drafted him. Despite his stature he is a physical runner.

Safety… of course there's been non-stop discussion about this position. The recent rotations mean either nobody is standing out and they are shuffling things around hoping for someone to step up or they found a gem in a Dallas castoff. I go with the former.

The camp I attended, you couldn't see a whole lot. I think right now, they are more concerned on seeing proper technique and being in the right place. This coming week, they will turn it up and I think thats were we will see guys emerge.

I suppose I didn't see much because Cutler, Marshall, and Jeffrey drew most of the attention. I did keep my eye on Ego n Will, them two are inseparable. Shea looked tall and lean, I seen him cover well against a TE. Fuller looked more like a vet,

Not shy or timid being around the first unit.