Marquess Wilson Carted off Field

DABEARSDABOMB

Will he be cut? My guess is no, but he was a 7th round pick, and now falling behind in his development with this latest injury. He's also probably going to miss a significant portion of the season if its an 8-10 week injury.

He has been a total stand out and Bears had him easily penciled in as our #3. He will not be cut and this is a pretty big loss given the lack of depth behind him. Outside of Williams and Weems, no one has played that well behind our bookend wideouts. I'd have to think we'll see a roster move made and a veteran brought in, probably Earl "Fancy Shoes" Bennett. I also expect Bears to look at other camp casualties. We are talking about him missing maybe 1/3 to 1/4th of the season, if it is an 8-10 week injury. Key is for him to work hard and get back.

Too bad Hixon had his injury. We had what looked to be a pretty deep WR corps, but now it is thinning out and Marshall is getting older and Jeffrey obviously had his injury issues in his 1st year. Hopefully those two guys stay healthy as they are obviously huge keys and becoming even more important given some of the other injuries to the corps.

Agreed.

Time to see what some of the other guys have.

At this point, we can always call Earl...

Very disappointing. But, that's the way the ball bounces.

He has been a total stand out and Bears had him easily penciled in as our #3. He will not be cut and this is a pretty big loss given the lack of depth behind him. Outside of Williams and Weems, no one has played that well behind our bookend wideouts. I'd have to think we'll see a roster move made and a veteran brought in, probably Earl "Fancy Shoes" Bennett. I also expect Bears to look at other camp casualties. We are talking about him missing maybe 1/3 to 1/4th of the season, if it is an 8-10 week injury. Key is for him to work hard and get back.

Too bad Hixon had his injury. We had what looked to be a pretty deep WR corps, but now it is thinning out and Marshall is getting older and Jeffrey obviously had his injury issues in his 1st year. Hopefully those two guys stay healthy as they are obviously huge keys and becoming even more important given some of the other injuries to the corps.

Based on his timeline, he will 2-4 games, so if he comes back somewhere in the middle (3 games), he will miss BUF, SF, and NY Jets, and would be back for GB at home. The Jets game is on MNF, so that is exactly 7 weeks from today.

I figure Morgan, Weems, or Williams will get a shot before calling Bennett back.

Based on his timeline, he will 2-4 games, so if he comes back somewhere in the middle (3 games), he will miss BUF, SF, and NY Jets, and would be back for GB at home. The Jets game is on MNF, so that is exactly 7 weeks from today.

I figure Morgan, Weems, or Williams will get a shot before calling Bennett back.

Has a timeline been reported?

I didn't know if it was slightly more for a wideout or what? Also, I think I had heard it depends on whether surgical or non surgical. Presume surgical has a more standard recovery time vs. the non-surgical where it is much more dependent on how bone heals, etc.

Absolutely, I am just going with the average time that has been mentioned. Could be less, could be more, but that Week 4 date seems like a pretty good target and starting point. Not that the #3 WR sees many balls per game.

I certainly don't like injuries but we all know they will happen in the preseason. This is one that should be easily recovered from so I'm not that worried and certainly don't see how we could consider cutting Wilson based on this. He did manage to get in a couple weeks of practice so he has a good idea on the playbook and Cutler has the timing with him. I expect once he is cleared the Bears will give him two weeks to get back in shape, and in sync with the offense, before he hits the field.

I agree he's likely to be back on the field for the Packers game. Of course that also means they don't get to see our offense with him on the field. Is that an advantage or disadvantage? Don't know but given how high everyone has been on his play so far I'd say it's a big help for us.

Since there is no reason to cut him I don't necessarily see the reason for signing Earl Bennett. If he was going to help us at the bottom end of the roster I think the Bears would have already called him back to compete for a spot.