Getting Rev'd Up About the Dline

AZ54

It seems each day we find more positive articles on the Bears' Dline. This one is about our so-called NASCAR package.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...ml#.U-OKRlY8icM

I'm optimistic we'll be able to generate some pass rush this season. What's nice to hear are the compliments of Houston's abilities. Behind him we are hearing good things about how well Sutton is picking things up. Ratliff has made his presence known as well in drills and we know what Jared Allen brings to the table on each play.

This article focused on the 3 DE's with Ratliff as the pass rush package but if Sutton continues to progress I'm not sure we also couldn't go with Sutton/Ratliff and then Allen and Houston on the outside. Don't forget Sutton worked off the edge quite a bit in college. I see no reason that as he gains experience (perhaps late this year or next season) we couldn't use him on the outside in short yardage situations where we wanted the opposite of the NASCAR package to have a heavy set against the run but still have some quickness off the edge.

On a separate note: If this works I hope we come up with a better name than "NASCAR", one that is more oriented towards Chicago's culture and history.