Conte Back

DABEARSDABOMB

I know some will look at this as a bad thing but I look at this as a good thing. He's got a lot of physical talent, played well in his 2nd year, first full year as a starter, and then fell apart in a year where our other safety was also terrible and our entire defensive front was brutal (and worst in the league against the run). He had no chance to play well a year ago and I hope he can prove that he's learned something from last year.

I know some will look at this as a bad thing but I look at this as a good thing. He's got a lot of physical talent, played well in his 2nd year, first full year as a starter, and then fell apart in a year where our other safety was also terrible and our entire defensive front was brutal (and worst in the league against the run). He had no chance to play well a year ago and I hope he can prove that he's learned something from last year.

Something tells me that he and Steltz saw the writing on the wall and pushed their returns. Wasn't Conte expected to be out longer?

He does have some talent but maybe not enough to get the job. I recall a few times where he lost one on one against a TE. ( the opposing O at the time took advantage knowing his bad coverage skills) and he doesn't show a great knack for filling gaps. Personally of the two I felt Wright was the better hitter.

Steltz will be gone soon.

I'm glad he's back. He has to earn his job, even earn a roster spot so there is nothing wrong with competition being added to the mix.