Bears sign Santonio Holmes

dawhizz

This really is unbelievable and pretty much could not be any more contrarian to the last 100+ years of Bears Football and I love it. I just hope we find a capable second TE's and sucks that Miller is now on IR. Moreover, if this defense finds a way to gel and becomes respected once again - look out GB cause here comes the Chicago Bears! Bear Down!

I read somewhere it's more or less a two week tryout. With little to lose it's worth a shot but his attitude is my biggest concern. Unless he shines right out of the gate I think he'd be our 4th WR once Wilson returns. Will he be content sitting on the bench?

I read somewhere it's more or less a two week tryout. With little to lose it's worth a shot but his attitude is my biggest concern. Unless he shines right out of the gate I think he'd be our 4th WR once Wilson returns. Will he be content sitting on the bench?

Makes sense. Since he doesn't play special teams, he pretty much has to solidify himself as the Bears #3 receiver, otherwise I don't see him being here long.

Might be wishful thinking on the returning side of things....He hasn't been a full time returner since 07.

I do think he can be a quality #3 though...If he makes the team.

well it cant hurt......... Holmes immediately gets a genuine look at the No. 3 wide receiver position. But he does not project to solve the Bears’ problems in the return game, perhaps an indication that they expect the return of Chris Williams from his hamstring strain sooner rather than later. Holmes has not returned a kickoff since his rookie season (2006) and hasn’t returned a punt since 2012, and then only six combined over 2009-10.Your facts are a little off...we don't need him as a full timer returner.

''You know, Santonio was here, probably had signed his contract and 60 minutes later he was on the field with Jay, and throwing routes,'' Bears offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer said.

''It looks good,'' Cutler said. ''He's explosive. He'd probably to be honest - he's a little bit rusty. He's been out of football.

''But getting in and out of cuts, catches the ball well, extremely explosive, fast. He's exciting. We've just got to get him caught up with everything right now. It's hard coming in where we are offensively and just kind of throwing him into the mix.''

That is crazy if true, an hour after inking a deal, he is out practicing. Nice to see that he has some explosiveness too.

That is crazy if true, an hour after inking a deal, he is out practicing. Nice to see that he has some explosiveness too.

Marquese who? Wilson might take the back seat is Holmes produces. My guess is Holmes runs a few plays if any Friday, but he should get a decent look Thurs in Cleveland.