Question for you?

Wesson44

Since we signed Holmes who do we keep as WR this year? Marshall/Jeffery are a given..but do we keep Holmes, Morgan Williams and hold a spot for Wilson? Then you have Bellamy,Edwards,Herd,Hughes,Moss,Spurlock to round out the WR core. Me IMHO i would go with Marshall/Jeffery,Holmes, Morgan, Williams and Wilson.

Since we signed Holmes who do we keep as WR this year? Marshall/Jeffery are a given..but do we keep Holmes, Morgan Williams and hold a spot for Wilson? Then you have Bellamy,Edwards,Herd,Hughes,Moss,Spurlock to round out the WR core. Me IMHO i would go with Marshall/Jeffery,Holmes, Morgan, Williams and Wilson.

Obviously there are some unknowns yet to be determined with Holmes but I think you're right. That list seems pretty close to how I see it too. As much as a fan I'm not of Morgan's , he looked especially good in the last game against Jax. I will be interested to see how he does against Seattle, as I hope to see with good things with Holmes. I'm still intrigued by Edwards but his time is running out and so far has done little to make an impression.

The return spot is still up in the air with the new signee Reynaud and Williams as probably front runners.

The fact we are so unsure of the current backup WRs behind Marshall and Jeffrey along with the fact Wilson was by all accounts playing well and will return around week 4 means he gets a spot on the roster at the 3rd or 4th WR spot.

Williams returned to practice this week and hopefully we'll see him against Seattle. I think he makes the roster as a special teams player/WR so that slots him as the 6th WR. While I like what little we've seen of him as a WR I don't believe he has enough experience yet at the NFL level for us to rely on him as the 5th WR/Returner. Durability remains a question mark for him as well. That's why I see us carrying 6 WRs this year.

In between we have two spots one of which will end up being Santonio Holmes. He has too much talent and experience in the league and given the weak competition he's facing it's hard to believe he won't show enough to win a roster spot. If he keeps his act together he could unseat Wilson for the 3rd WR slot for the rest of the season.

That leaves one spot open…and I'm not sure who will get that but it's likely to be whoever offers the best combination of special teams play and WR play. Right now that seems to be Morgan.

The fact we are so unsure of the current backup WRs behind Marshall and Jeffrey along with the fact Wilson was by all accounts playing well and will return around week 4 means he gets a spot on the roster at the 3rd or 4th WR spot.

Williams returned to practice this week and hopefully we'll see him against Seattle. I think he makes the roster as a special teams player/WR so that slots him as the 6th WR. While I like what little we've seen of him as a WR I don't believe he has enough experience yet at the NFL level for us to rely on him as the 5th WR/Returner. Durability remains a question mark for him as well. That's why I see us carrying 6 WRs this year.

In between we have two spots one of which will end up being Santonio Holmes. He has too much talent and experience in the league and given the weak competition he's facing it's hard to believe he won't show enough to win a roster spot. If he keeps his act together he could unseat Wilson for the 3rd WR slot for the rest of the season.

That leaves one spot open…and I'm not sure who will get that but it's likely to be whoever offers the best combination of special teams play and WR play. Right now that seems to be Morgan.

Your spot on with your assesment .