NFC North

AZ54

We're a couple weeks away from the start of the season. I'm curious how our division opponents are doing. As I scan around various websites when I find something noteworthy I'll post the link. It'd be nice of others add in as well.

Today it is Nick Fairley making headlines for his eating habits. Actually it seems like there is much more going on than just a man who likes to eat. Either way, he's on their second string and on a Dline that lost Willie Young who appears to be a good player so far. For a team that has invested three #1 picks at DT and then DE they are planning on needing to blitz their linebackers a lot more this season to get pressure. I'm good with that considering their weak secondary. This is a team that needed DBs in a bad way yet went after a TE in Rd 1. Their offense will be tough to stop "if" they can protect Stafford but they'll have to score a lot of points this year to win games.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000038...-got-in-the-way

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-ins...0c-612ab195f979

I'm done with saying "This has got to be the year Detroit lives up to their talent." I've been saying it for so long and I've NEVER been right. I guess maybe I'm a jinx? OK, in that case...

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE YEAR DETROIT LIVES UP TO THEIR TALENT!

Our division is tough guys. Splitting with them all is a distinct possibility.

I'm done with saying "This has got to be the year Detroit lives up to their talent." I've been saying it for so long and I've NEVER been right. I guess maybe I'm a jinx? OK, in that case...

Plus we have a very difficult schedule (and a brutal start to the schedule). I think we have a very very tough path to the postseason, however, do believe we have the talent. That is presuming health and well that the ST unit isn't a sieve for negative plays and our defense can generate a pass rush and stop the run (which I think will happen). That said, as I've said all off-season, our lb core has a chance to be scary bad.

Honestly, if we split with all our divisional opponents, it wouldn't be a shock. Sadly, neither would losing out. Or happily, winning out. Anything can happen in divisional games. Especially when there's enough talent on both sides. Only Minny would appear to be the one team we should take both. However, AP alone can change that...

IN the end, you know there will be games we should have lost, but won. And games we should have won, but lost. The hope is that there are only a couple of those, and the rest we rightfully win the ones we should.