More cuts

Wesson44

Waiting on Jordan Palmer to be cut. I know he's slated to play against Cleveland but he's not nearly the QB Clausen is, especially considering he has 3 to 4 times as much experience with our offense. Fales doesn't inspire much confidence either but as a 3rd guy, likely practice squad player I'd rather keep him for the upside versus Palmer. Palmer often looks overmatched or confused after the snap.

Waiting on Jordan Palmer to be cut. I know he's slated to play against Cleveland but he's not nearly the QB Clausen is, especially considering he has 3 to 4 times as much experience with our offense. Fales doesn't inspire much confidence either but as a 3rd guy, likely practice squad player I'd rather keep him for the upside versus Palmer. Palmer often looks overmatched or confused after the snap.

Bears are keeping QB Jimmy Clausen over Jordan Palmer, who is being released, per source

First real surprise cut, IMO. Are the Bears only going with 2 QB's on their roster this season? I'm assuming they will try and put Fales on the practice squad. I've never liked the idea of having only 2 QB's. The Bears got lucky last year that McCown didn't get hurt.

If Cutler gets hurt, they will bring back Palmer to back up Clausen. My dollar says they put Fales on the practice squad.

Peace :dabears

First real surprise cut, IMO. Are the Bears only going with 2 QB's on their roster this season? I'm assuming they will try and put Fales on the practice squad. I've never liked the idea of having only 2 QB's. The Bears got lucky last year that McCown didn't get hurt.

Does it really matter at that point? How good is any #3 QB going to be anyway. Season is basically over if your #2 goes down, so no point in wasting a roster spot on one.

Does it really matter at that point? How good is any #3 QB going to be anyway. Season is basically over if your #2 goes down, so no point in wasting a roster spot on one.

Probably true in the modern NFL but I remember a season under Ditka we played like 5 QBs in a season, including Payton, and we went 10-6 that year.

If we had someone with very good raw talent that could develop into a starter, or a cheaper #2 QB down the road to save cap space, I'd be open to keeping a roster spot for a #3 QB. Fales is not that guy IMO. The question comes down to keeping a #3 QB on the roster that will never amount to much or giving that slot (protecting) a good young talent at another position.

I appreciate Palmer's response about the Bears after getting cut.

https://twitter.com/JwPalms?original_refere...tw_p=tweetembed

"I'll be wearing #bears gear and supporting the bears for the rest of my life. Regardless of what happens. This is the best org in the NFL."

We are not the bottom of the barrel in the NFL as some in the media still make us out to be. Once again, kudos to the Bears for making a decision promptly and cutting Palmer early enough that he might get a shot with another team. If not, I'm sure we'll keep him in mind as we did last year should things go the wrong way with injuries.

Jordan Senn is cut as well. That's a positive IMO as it means Greene has played well enough to earn a roster spot, as has Christian Jones.

Somebody is working overtime for the Bears website as their roster list is updated with the latest cuts, a departure from years past when it took days to get updated.

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/roster.html

Kudos to Palmer.

If we had someone with very good raw talent that could develop into a starter, or a cheaper #2 QB down the road to save cap space, I'd be open to keeping a roster spot for a #3 QB. Fales is not that guy IMO. The question comes down to keeping a #3 QB on the roster that will never amount to much or giving that slot (protecting) a good young talent at another position.

"I'll be wearing #bears gear and supporting the bears for the rest of my life. Regardless of what happens. This is the best org in the NFL."

We are not the bottom of the barrel in the NFL as some in the media still make us out to be. Once again, kudos to the Bears for making a decision promptly and cutting Palmer early enough that he might get a shot with another team. If not, I'm sure we'll keep him in mind as we did last year should things go the wrong way with injuries.

Jordan Senn is cut as well. That's a positive IMO as it means Greene has played well enough to earn a roster spot, as has Christian Jones.

Or its a reflection of the fact the Senn was brought in as a special teams ace and special teams has been awful, Senn included.

I heard an interview with Palmer about six months ago. Extremely articulate and, unless he is an amazing BS'er, very honest. Kudos to him.

Peace :dabears

Do NFL teams have a confidentiality clause that prohibits a player that is cut to not divulge information on the former teams playbook to his new team?

That might be one more reason the Bears cut him so early. We haven't yet started game planning for Buffalo so while Palmer might know the playbook what's he really going to say that they won't see from film of last season? The whole spying thing is overrated, just ask the Patriots. :unsure: