Two roster spots

Alaskan Grizzly

Should be filled by Bellamy and Holmes. Bellamy has shown flashes of 'good' and was consistent in tonight's game. Although Holmes dropped his first two he came back with a nice TD and then a decent ( not awesome) PR. Since Holmes is a low cost low risk signing he more than qualifies for a spot especially with being able to do returns.

The Bears should carry two QBs into week 1. I think Fales should be put on the practice squad or cut all together. His release is really ugly and obviously needs a lot of work. At least his accuracy was better than 'Lamezel'.

Should be filled by Bellamy and Holmes. Bellamy has shown flashes of 'good' and was consistent in tonight's game. Although Holmes dropped his first two he came back with a nice TD and then a decent ( not awesome) PR. Since Holmes is a low cost low risk signing he more than qualifies for a spot especially with being able to do returns.

The Bears should carry two QBs into week 1. I think Fales should be put on the practice squad or cut all together. His release is really ugly and obviously needs a lot of work. At least his accuracy was better than 'Lamezel'.

I would say Morgan looked just as good as Bellamy last week.

I say Holmes makes it and then they will pick between Morgan and Bellamy.

Peace :dabears

I would say Morgan looked just as good as Bellamy last week.

I say Holmes makes it and then they will pick between Morgan and Bellamy.

Peace :dabears

I was actually thinking exactly the same. Both Morgan and Bellamy performed pretty equally throughout the preseason. I noticed Morgan wasn't dressed to play so I assumed he was 'in'.

With the possibility of 6 WRs on the roster couldn't both make it?

Should be filled by Bellamy and Holmes. Bellamy has shown flashes of 'good' and was consistent in tonight's game. Although Holmes dropped his first two he came back with a nice TD and then a decent ( not awesome) PR. Since Holmes is a low cost low risk signing he more than qualifies for a spot especially with being able to do returns. The Bears should carry two QBs into week 1. I think Fales should be put on the practice squad or cut all together. His release is really ugly and obviously needs a lot of work. At least his accuracy was better than 'Lamezel'.

I thought Fales played fairly well given he has not had the practice time as a #1 or #2 QB gets. He also played with the Bears 2nd/3rd teamers in this exhibition and played against Clevelands 1st team. He has a long ways to go to develop the touch, but the Bears cutting Palmer and playing Fales shows they are not going to waive him. If that was the case, they would've kept Palmer to play in the Cleveland game and hid Fales from game tape.

I thought Fales played fairly well given he has not had the practice time as a #1 or #2 QB gets. He also played with the Bears 2nd/3rd teamers in this exhibition and played against Clevelands 1st team. He has a long ways to go to develop the touch, but the Bears cutting Palmer and playing Fales shows they are not going to waive him. If that was the case, they would've kept Palmer to play in the Cleveland game and hid Fales from game tape.

I agree on Fales playing well considering the position he was in with very few reps throughout camp and the preseason games. Most of the backup QB reps have gone to Clausen or Palmer and what was left had to be very sparse. His release is odd but he showed a lot of accuracy and a bit more arm strength that I thought he had. His timing in the pocket and for reading defenses was clearly poor but with little practice or game time, and being out there with our 3rd and 4th stringer players I can't expect much more than what he did.

I'm not sure he makes the final roster though but I'd agree that he might have put enough good out there for someone to gamble on grabbing him if we cut him with intentions of putting him on the practice squad. Had Palmer not been signed so quickly we might have been more likely to take that gamble. I'm very curious how this final roster shapes up at the bottom end. It's hard to sort out the bottom 5-7 players we'll keep.

One interesting thing I saw at the Suntimes was the possibility of putting Marquess Wilson on IR. I had forgotten that we now have the ability to have a player (or is it players?) from IR return to the roster mid-season. That makes it easier to keep both Bellamy and Holmes for the first half of the season.

One interesting thing I saw at the Suntimes was the possibility of putting Marquess Wilson on IR. I had forgotten that we now have the ability to have a player (or is it players?) from IR return to the roster mid-season. That makes it easier to keep both Bellamy and Holmes for the first half of the season.

This idea I like very much. I hope it's plural for IR because TE Zachary Miller is already there and he too is another keeper. Provided he can overcome the injury bug.

*Edit* I wasn't suggesting Fales wasn't good. He didn't do bad. Really he did better than that douchebag Manziel who was a 1st round pick. His mechanics are a bit flawed but probably can be worked out - as a practice roster player. All things considered (to include what you said) his position isn't really one of 'need' right now. There are more issues in other places; ST, Def WR etc.

**edit/edit**

Just read that teams can only use the IR with plan to return (or however you say it) once per year. There are no multiple designations in that regard. So if that be the case, if looks like Miller is done for the year and possibly Wilson could come back later this year. Depending on what they do with him. And lessening the chance of both Bellamy and Morgan both making the team.

Bingo! Figured they wouldn't waive him with the release of Palmer and his showcase game. Now Jimmy T, start whispering in bis ear!