Last 2 drafts

AZ54

There has been a lot of chatter about Emery's first draft class and rightly so with only Jeffrey panning out so far. Since then he put together the front office the way he wanted it and at this point here is the result from the last two drafts:

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/wins-still...ears-foundation

"On the other hand, all eight 2014 draft choices are among the 11 rookies placed on the 53-man roster. And all six of the 2013 selections were and still are on the roster."

• 1 month later...
There has been a lot of chatter about Emery's first draft class and rightly so with only Jeffrey panning out so far. Since then he put together the front office the way he wanted it and at this point here is the result from the last two drafts:

"On the other hand, all eight 2014 draft choices are among the 11 rookies placed on the 53-man roster. And all six of the 2013 selections were and still are on the roster."

Re-draft challenge

Today I went through the first 4 rounds, picked 30 players within those rounds including the guys we drafted and compared how they are doing. I would not change our draft at all. Guys that are performing Mosley, Donald, Barr, and maybe Pryor. Im mainly comparing players we wanted too. Other than those 3 our first 4 rounds Fuller, Ferguson, Sutton, Carey, and Vereen are doing as much or more than any of us imagined. Sure, Carey/Vereen not as much, but for fourth rounders in year one is great to see the field. Check out the draft, check out 6 weeks of stats, am I wrong?

This effort by the scouting and front office is something few NFL teams experience. Lets hope they continue spoiling us and I think they will get some respect and patience with there next "who/what" pick.

Draft one had a heavy Lovie influence. It's on Emery's clock, but...

Equally as bad: Draft one had Angelo's scouting department. Draft 2 is where Emery had implemented his changes.

So true. Draft one had a blueprint of the previous regime and I swore Angelo made that Hardin pick. I think one more solid draft will elevate the defense if we don't swing and miss on S. After that, we can target upgrades/playmakers. CB, LB, DT will need more depth too.

So true. Draft one had a blueprint of the previous regime and I swore Angelo made that Hardin pick. I think one more solid draft will elevate the defense if we don't swing and miss on S. After that, we can target upgrades/playmakers. CB, LB, DT will need more depth too.

I think DE is a need for us, at least a pass rushing DE, more than DT. That might change if one or two of these young and fast LBs can start to show something in a pass rush on blitzes. I'm happy with our top 3 DEs it's a good mix but not great. Far better than what we had last year but Allen is only getting slower and Houston, while good at run D, is below average as a pass rusher off the edge. I like Willie Young but adding a very good 4th player into the mix would be a huge boost and would make worries about our safeties less of an issue. We need a replacement for Allen down the road so we will be drafting a DE early in one of the next two drafts.