Predictions on the Bears and the rest of the league

Bears4Ever_34

I'll start with the Bears..

I've gone back and forth on this one all Summer. At first, I was thinking there was no way they could be worse than a 10 win team with the additions they made on the defensive line and the fact that the offense is in its 2nd year under Trestman. However, over the last several weeks, it has become readily apparent that this team may have more questions than I can ever remember a Bears team having in recent memory.

-Do they have A LB'er?

-Do they have any reliable safeties?

-Do they have a punt returner?

-Do they have a kickoff returner?

-Can Jared Allen stay healthy and productive?

-Will any of the rookie defensive players make an impact?

-Can Jay Cutler actually stay on the field?

-Where is the depth at TE?

-Will the special teams (coverage unit) suck as much as they did last year and the pre-season?

My prediction: 8-8

The first two questions should be a joke leading into the season, but the fact that it's not raises serious concern. The Bears may find out that they do not have a single quality NFL starting safety on their roster, and after last year's debacle, it's hard to fathom how or why this position was neglected as much as it was.

Like-wise with the LB'er position. Briggs and DJ Williams both look old, and we don't know if Bostic or McCllelin can even play in this league. That is a scary thought-- to think the Bears may not have any quality players at the safety or LB'er position this year. That is a recipe for disaster.

As for everybody else..

Division winners--

NFC North: Packers (11-5)

NFC East: Eagles (10-6)

NFC South: Saints (13-3)

NFC West: Seahawks (13-3)

Wildcard--

Cardinals (10-6)

Falcons (10-6)

Division winners--

AFC North: Bengals (10-6)

AFC East: Patriots (12-4)

AFC South: Colts (13-3)

AFC West: Broncos (13-3)

Wildcard--

Chiefs (10-6)

Ravens (9-7)

Super Bowl prediction: Seahawks def Broncos 41-27

I'll start with the Bears..

I've gone back and forth on this one all Summer. At first, I was thinking there was no way they could be worse than a 10 win team with the additions they made on the defensive line and the fact that the offense is in its 2nd year under Trestman. However, over the last several weeks, it has become readily apparent that this team may have more questions than I can ever remember a Bears team having in recent memory.

-Do they have A LB'er? They have 5 or 6 on the roster =p

-Do they have any reliable safeties? Reliable? yes. Good? To be determined.

-Do they have a punt returner? Michael Spurlock does have 5 return TDs in his career.

-Do they have a kickoff returner? See above

-Can Jared Allen stay healthy and productive? Yes

-Will any of the rookie defensive players make an impact? Depends on how you define impact.

-Can Jay Cutler actually stay on the field? Impossible to tell, but I like the fact he worked out with BM

-Where is the depth at TE? Rosario isn't terrible

-Will the special teams (coverage unit) suck as much as they did last year and the pre-season? probably.

My prediction: 10-6

The first two questions should be a joke leading into the season, but the fact that it's not raises serious concern. The Bears may find out that they do not have a single quality NFL starting safety on their roster, and after last year's debacle, it's hard to fathom how or why this position was neglected as much as it was.

Like-wise with the LB'er position. Briggs and DJ Williams both look old, and we don't know if Bostic or McCllelin can even play in this league. That is a scary thought-- to think the Bears may not have any quality players at the safety or LB'er position this year. That is a recipe for disaster.

As for everybody else..

Division winners--

NFC North: Packers (11-5)

NFC East: Eagles (9-7)

NFC South: Saints (13-3)

NFC West: Seahawks (13-3)

Wildcard--

Cardinals (10-6)

Bears (10-6)

Division winners--

AFC North: Bengals (10-6)

AFC East: Patriots (12-4)