F you Packers!

madlithuanian

Agreed.

I also was not shocked to see the free pass Rodgers got for chewing out his rookie center. If that were Cutler, he'd be crucified.

PFT wrote something about it...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/...ant-on-offense/

excerpt:

1. Aaron Rodgers already has his Super Bowl ring and an MVP trophy.

But if he didn’t, he’d be getting a lot more scrutiny for some of his outbursts.

Barking at rookie center Corey Linsley in front of the world when he had to burn a timeout in the first half was a bad look for the Packers quarterback. Linsley, bless his heart, was thrown into a tough spot in his first game, unable to hear or imagine what was coming next. That doesn’t make his error excusable, but the reaction seemed over the top.

It’s not that the yelling was out of the ordinary, but it’s a great example of context in the NFL.

When Rodgers or Tom Brady does it, it’s competitiveness. When Jay Cutler does it, it’s a sign of immaturity. God forbid Cam Newton took the towel off his head and did the same.

If Rodgers really wanted to bark at someone, he might have chosen the folks who put together the game plan. He was throwing almost nothing but dump-offs (18 passes for 86 yards in the first half) when the game was competitive, and the circus that was a fourth-down attempt in the second half will be dissected for days.

Seattle is obviously a good team however, from what I say last night, the Packers did not impress me at all and I am not sure how much of it was the play of Seattle or the Packers just having a bad day. Probably a bit of both.

Seattle is obviously a good team however, from what I say last night, the Packers did not impress me at all and I am not sure how much of it was the play of Seattle or the Packers just having a bad day. Probably a bit of both.

All I know is that the panic we saw here after the preseason loss to the Seahawks appears to have been a little overdone.

Looking around on some of the Packers message boards is very enjoyable. I was hoping to see what they think of the $8.5mil they spent on Peppers but there is so much doom and gloom overall about their D they can't even focus in on one player.

http://forum.packerchatters.com/index.php?topic=2630.135

From May 10th:

We now have 6 first-round picks -- including 2 top 10 picks, on D (Clinton-Dix, D. Jones, Perry, Matthews, Raji, and Hawk).

Julius Peppers is also a former 1st rounder (#2 overall).

We also have 3 second-round picks (Heyward, Worthy, and Neal) and 2 third-round picks (Thornton and Burnett) on D.

(Ironically, 3 of the 4 best defensive players currently are 4th rounder Mike Daniels and UDFAs T. Williams and Shields).

TT has also devoted significant financial resources to the D (Peppers, Shields, Neal, Raji, Burnett, B. Jones) the past couple of years.

Given this roster, is there any reason this defense should not be a top-10 unit in 2014?

…………………………………………………………..

To Sep 4th:

Giving up over 200 yards rushing and 100+ QB rating to an allegedly mediocre QB, oh my so much has changed on D.

Perhaps we can wait until next season for another 1st round defensive pick to develop into a player because it will not happen in 2014.

ha!!!!!

Looking around on some of the Packers message boards is very enjoyable. I was hoping to see what they think of the $8.5mil they spent on Peppers but there is so much doom and gloom overall about their D they can't even focus in on one player.

http://forum.packerchatters.com/index.php?topic=2630.135

From May 10th:

We now have 6 first-round picks -- including 2 top 10 picks, on D (Clinton-Dix, D. Jones, Perry, Matthews, Raji, and Hawk).

Julius Peppers is also a former 1st rounder (#2 overall).

We also have 3 second-round picks (Heyward, Worthy, and Neal) and 2 third-round picks (Thornton and Burnett) on D.

(Ironically, 3 of the 4 best defensive players currently are 4th rounder Mike Daniels and UDFAs T. Williams and Shields).

TT has also devoted significant financial resources to the D (Peppers, Shields, Neal, Raji, Burnett, B. Jones) the past couple of years.

Given this roster, is there any reason this defense should not be a top-10 unit in 2014?

…………………………………………………………..

To Sep 4th:

Giving up over 200 yards rushing and 100+ QB rating to an allegedly mediocre QB, oh my so much has changed on D.

Perhaps we can wait until next season for another 1st round defensive pick to develop into a player because it will not happen in 2014.

I'd have rather had an AFC team beat them, but a loss on the Packers just plain makes me smile. :)

Seattle looked damn good beating them. But, like every team...they have a weakness. We just need to find it. Or when we play them in the NFC championship, we need to just get lucky!

No its good that it was an NFC team that beat the Packers....because it helps out in the long run when we are trying to

win the division. Tie breakers...most conf wins etc

Packers are gonna have a lot of trouble stopping the run without Raji in the middle this year.

Also checkout offseason golden boy HaHa Clinton Dix on this play...

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/vide...79-091df8232a20

I know it's just 1 play, and he's a rookie, but he'd get ripped a new one in a game thread here....Dare I say Chris Conte-esque.

Packers are gonna have a lot of trouble stopping the run without Raji in the middle this year.

Also checkout offseason golden boy HaHa Clinton Dix on this play...

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/vide...79-091df8232a20

I know it's just 1 play, and he's a rookie, but he'd get ripped a new one in a game thread here....Dare I say Chris Conte-esque.

yes one play....scared...flat footed not what you want from a safety.....lol