Clinton-Dix

AZ54

When, or if, Conte does a complete whiff on an open field tackle the same as HCD did last night to give up an easy TD what will be said about him? That was not Percy Harvin he missed, it was Ricardo Lockett and it was not some crazy move he put on HCD. I said before the draft that there were some "Major Wright moments" from HCD. He has the speed and fluid movements you want to see in coverage but the "highs" were mixed in with a fair amount of "lows" that were covered up by his rather good teammates. I'll be watching and comparing him to Kyle Fuller as their careers progress.

When, or if, Conte does a complete whiff on an open field tackle the same as HCD did last night to give up an easy TD what will be said about him? That was not Percy Harvin he missed, it was Ricardo Lockett and it was not some crazy move he put on HCD. I said before the draft that there were some "Major Wright moments" from HCD. He has the speed and fluid movements you want to see in coverage but the "highs" were mixed in with a fair amount of "lows" that were covered up by his rather good teammates. I'll be watching and comparing him to Kyle Fuller as their careers progress.

Julius Peppers was in on a few plays last night but he certainly didn't make me miss him. Could be that he's just learning the new position or it could be that he's well beyond his prime and needed to go. Time will tell.

To address your point directly, I'm a little hopeful we can see something out of Conte this year. He'll never remind us of Mike Brown but he might remind us of the Conte we saw two seasons ago... And that's OK with me. If he plays well enough, we get more pressure up front and our linebackers are better than last season, with decent play out of CB (assuming Peanut doesn't blow out a knee) we might have a middle of the road D which can be enough to get us somewhere this season.