Jim Harbaugh

Alaskan Grizzly

Was reading an article recently where allegedly Jim Harbaugh is "losing the locker room" in SF. This despite in his first three years he's compiled a 41-14 record. Allegedly one of the things that upset players was that he had the audacity to have the team scrimmage his brothers team this year in Baltimore. Of course there are a few other what appear minor issues the players don't like but I mean really? Is this not the pinnacle of self serving pathetic? On a team with a proven winning coach and they still snivel. Sounds like what happened with Singletary before that although his demand for winning didn't translate to nearly as many wins. (Do they just not like ex-Chicago players?). Either way it makes us west coasters look like pansies.

I'll give Trestman some credit. Although I'm not really all that sold on how he deals with individuals I'm fairly convinced he has the confidence and support of the team. Like I said before the man is growing on me. He seems to have a pretty good handle on things and am looking forward to seeing how he does with this year . Good luck today fellas and to the rest of the year.

I would fire Trestman in a millsecond to get Harbaugh.

The guy can coach. 3 straight NFC Championship appearances. Don't know what the exact issue are with him in SF, but if he gets fired and the Bears struggle for another year under Trestman, I'd have no second thoughts about reaching out to him.

The issues are that he is arrogant and treats people like crap. The more success he has had the more it has gone to his head and I've read a couple reports of this over the last couple years. The complaints you hear are symptoms of that problem. Taking the team to Baltimore by itself isn't the issue it's that the players (or player.. as I don't know the source) felt it was mainly done just to hang out with his brother. I could see where someone would draw that conclusion if the coach missed some of the meetings that he would normally be at during camp.

IMO all this chatter is the main reason for the 49ers being a bit hesitant to sign him to a huge contract. Everyone knows he can coach. However, if the talent drops a bit or if his act wears thin on the players and he loses the team do they want to be stuck with a massive guaranteed contract that could prevent them from moving in another direction? I think they are wise to move carefully.

There's a bit of irony in Harbaugh's treatment of players being an issue similar to what he went through under Ditka.

I always thought Harbaugh was arrogant even as a QB. Never liked the guy. But he's one helluva coach. Ditka was the worst when it came to having a huge ego. Harbaugh learned from the best, in that regard.

...and Bo Schembechler before that.

Oddly enough arrogance, evidenced by people like Schembechler, Ditka, Harbaugh, Belichik tend to win. Sad that players can't handle a little adversity in order to do it.