Nuff said

Alaskan Grizzly

Pretty good article that seems to summarize the obvious. Not sure that Coach T has lost or "is losing the locker room". One thing for sure is if he doesn't show some sort of cultural change he could lose his job.

http://www.suntimes.com/29829476-606/trest...ml#.VBMlk9m9LCR

Disagree. 100% speculation and shit journalism. The only part I agree with is the Briggs analogy. Just shows we all have varied opinions...:-)

I'll tell you one thing...if Briggs really was up out till the wee mornings getting drunk, Bears should cut him or suspend him. Need to send an absolute message. Let him get away with it, others will follow suit and it will be an utter disaster.

Yep, that's the point of the article (more or less) and my thoughts. As slight as each occurrence may seem; Briggs at his restaurant opening or Marshall night lifing on HBO, taken together and if the team continues to lose, it will have an impact. No two ways around it. Fortunately one + they get is how they dealt with Bennett. That sent a good message that that type of activity wouldn't be tolerated.

Agreed.

I don't think he'll be missed anyway...

I'll tell you one thing...if Briggs really was up out till the wee mornings getting drunk, Bears should cut him or suspend him. Need to send an absolute message. Let him get away with it, others will follow suit and it will be an utter disaster.

Writers list things comparing Briggs shenanigans against Marshall who did a short TV show on his day off yet still showed up for treatment on his ankle beforehand. Marshall is the same guy who took many offensive players down to Florida to train together. Has led Jeffrey in two off seasons helping him become a Pro Bowl player and helping 7th Rd pick Wilson ascend to what seemed a lock for our 3rd WR spot. I suppose I could hit Google to see if there's any evidence of Briggs doing similar actions for the young LBs on our roster but I know better.

Briggs is doing enough on his own to take himself out of any leadership role, aside from respect for his past performance. If I'm a young guy like Bostic or SMC I am not looking to Lance for advice on how to be a professional. Given his performance last week I can't see them looking at him for advice on reading keys, diagnosing plays, and being assignment sound.

Trestman and Kromer have done more to rebuild our Oline in just two off seasons than the cumulative talent that was brought in during the previous decade. Players like Garza know that and will tell guys to trust the coaches. Players like Kyle Long know that they helped him get to the Pro Bowl as a rookie and so the message will be the same. Cutler had his best year in a long time in terms of efficiency and has been lauded by teammates such as Clausen for helping them this past offseason. And Clausen has a job that he didn't think he'd have back in June. Among all this I can't see the dissension Telander speaks of among the offense at all.

Defense might be different but I don't see it. We've added a lot of new players and it will just take time for young guys and new players like Houston, Allen, and even a young guy like Sutton who was ASU's defensive leader for two seasons, to rise to a leadership role as Briggs falls by the wayside. These things are always a process. I actually look forward to seeing this transition over the course of the season. We need it.

The professor has not lost this team. Quite the opposite now and the same goes for Tucker and his defense. Cutler was absolutely Trestmanesque tonight. Despite all the early troubles he stayed patient and didn't rush things. Trestman often says you will face adversity every game and it's how you handle it that makes you a winner (paraphrasing of course). The entire offense did just that tonight.

Defense was good…Gore just 63 yards total. Outstanding rookie Carlos Hyde had 4 runs for 0 yards. We're not a shutdown D but if they can give us that kind of a performance each week we'll be winning a lot of games. I was most impressed that they stuck to their assignments for the most part tonight. After what we saw last week there was clear coaching here and it paid off. As the game wore on and they became more comfortable with what they were seeing the reactions got better. Even Bostic and SMC were getting their coverage assignments right as the game wore on.

The professor has not lost this team. Quite the opposite now and the same goes for Tucker and his defense. Cutler was absolutely Trestmanesque tonight. Despite all the early troubles he stayed patient and didn't rush things. Trestman often says you will face adversity every game and it's how you handle it that makes you a winner (paraphrasing of course). The entire offense did just that tonight.

Defense was good…Gore just 63 yards total. Outstanding rookie Carlos Hyde had 4 runs for 0 yards. We're not a shutdown D but if they can give us that kind of a performance each week we'll be winning a lot of games. I was most impressed that they stuck to their assignments for the most part tonight. After what we saw last week there was clear coaching here and it paid off. As the game wore on and they became more comfortable with what they were seeing the reactions got better. Even Bostic and SMC were getting their coverage assignments right as the game wore on.

We were consistently in positions to make plays and prevent big plays. We missed a few tackles that you'd like back and they got us on some openings in the zone but by and large we looked FAST. Never thought I'd say that and we also looked disciplined, outside of some foolish early penalties that extended some drives for them (speaking defensively).