Roster moves

scs787

Comcast SportsNet @CSNChicago · 49m Report: #Bears waive Fales, cut Fiammetta and Hayden

I'm guessing we see Boggs, Williams, and Bellamy called up from the practice squad. Perhaps just one of the WRs and Frey/Al Louis-Jean/Terrance Mitchell.

Hoping Fales makes it through waivers and gets put on the practice squad.

Fiammetta is an interesting loss. Will Britton be serving multiple roles? Extra Olman, H back, Fullback, etc? I thought Hayden was already cut and Fales was on the Practice Squad?

Comcast SportsNet @CSNChicago · 49m Report: #Bears waive Fales, cut Fiammetta and Hayden

I'm guessing we see Boggs, Williams, and Bellamy called up from the practice squad. Perhaps just one of the WRs and Frey/Al Louis-Jean/Terrance Mitchell.

Hoping Fales makes it through waivers and gets put on the practice squad.

I am not liking the decision process this team is making lately. I understand the need to shift players due to injuries, but its not looking good seeing Hayden signed and released and then Fales being risked going to waivers. Might be some bigger movement coming.

I am not liking the decision process this team is making lately. I understand the need to shift players due to injuries, but its not looking good seeing Hayden signed and released and then Fales being risked going to waivers. Might be some bigger movement coming.

With Alshon, Marshall, and Morgan all iffy it's somethin they gotta do. Before those guys are cleared Holmes would be the only healthy WR on the roster. Same with Garza going down. If DLP gets hurt we don't have a center.

Fiammetta is an interesting loss. Will Britton be serving multiple roles? Extra Olman, H back, Fullback, etc? I thought Hayden was already cut and Fales was on the Practice Squad?

Hayden was one of the final cuts, but was brought back on the 2nd.....Fiametta I believe was a healthy inactive, so they may not even plan on using a traditional FB, which is odd seeing as they resigned him this year.....Fales was not.

With Alshon, Marshall, and Morgan all iffy it's somethin they gotta do. Before those guys are cleared Holmes would be the only healthy WR on the roster. Same with Garza going down. If DLP gets hurt we don't have a center.

Just the luck the Bears have. Last year we had the injury bug on the D, this year its hitting the O. Hope it gets out of the fast.

Our TE's practiced out of the H-back role in training camp so we'll be seeing some of that. Not likely with Bennett as he is our best receiving threat at TE, but Rosario and Mulligan. We will definitely be using a lot of two TE sets in this game and hopefully we'll be able to run because we cannot be forced to rely on the passing game. Holmes doesn't know the offense yet but he should be adding plays each week. I think Marshall will be out there but we'll not make him the focus of the offense. Expect Martellus and Forte to get a lot of passes their way in this game.

The 49ers know this and they'll be focused on stopping the run to force us into the pass. My first offensive play call would be play action pass and I'd be looking to hit Santonio Holmes deep, or 2nd option Martellus in the seam up the middle. Even if it's incomplete I'd let them know we can and will attack the field deep. Their secondary is not the strength of the defense.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 8m

#Bears have promoted WRs Josh Bellamy and Chris Williams and C Taylor Boggs from practice squad to 53 man roster.

Yup, just as I thought.

Glad to see Bellamy still in the mix. From his preseason play I think we could see some good things. Maybe Sunday will be the day?

Question -- Are you allowed to put a guy back on your practice squad after you've already activated him to the 53 man roster for 1 week? Like Chris Williams, for example. I know you have to go through waivers first, but is he allowed to sign back on the practice squad if he clears, or is that only a one time thing?

Question -- Are you allowed to put a guy back on your practice squad after you've already activated him to the 53 man roster for 1 week? Like Chris Williams, for example. I know you have to go through waivers first, but is he allowed to sign back on the practice squad if he clears, or is that only a one time thing?

It would appear that we might found out.....

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 18m #Bears have signed DB Isaiah Frey & WR Rashad Ross from practice squad & released RB Shaun Draughn, WR Chris Williams & TE Matthew Mulligan.

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman 19m

#Bears re-signed DT Roy Philon to practice squad. The active roster is at 52. 3 spots available on the practice squad. More moves coming.

Bears must not like Williams as much as I thought.

Your answer is yes....

Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 2h #Bears have signed TE Blake Annen, CB Jordan Sullen & WR Chris Williams to practice squad; still have 1 spot open on active roster.

Annen sounds like the next Fendi type project...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/bla...nnen?id=2549907

Very good pro day positional workout. Produced exceptional results at his pro day, blazing a 40-time (4.41) faster than many receivers.

Can't find much worth noting on Sullen.

Your answer is yes....

Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 2h #Bears have signed TE Blake Annen, CB Jordan Sullen & WR Chris Williams to practice squad; still have 1 spot open on active roster.

Annen sounds like the next Fendi type project...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/bla...nnen?id=2549907

Can't find much worth noting on Sullen.

I wonder if this is the new NFL? Shuffling the bottom 5-10 players up and down to the practice squad. Has this been normal in the past?

I wonder if this is the new NFL? Shuffling the bottom 5-10 players up and down to the practice squad. Has this been normal in the past?

It is the Bears way but I think realistically it's because our depth at some positions (i.e. WR) is very thin and also in part these guys are not playing that well on special teams to make the coaches say they gotta have them.