Self. ..... Officially. ... Shit

Guest TerraTor

If you watched the entire game. Something happened after that hit to Cutler in the 2nd quarter. The entire team seemed to rally around him (and then again when Peanut went down). Hopefully Jay doesn't have bruised ribs or anything worse. That looked bad. Now we get an extra day of rest and a long flight home.

Allen showed up to play, Young was an absolute beast, Houston was present, Ratliff was huge in the middle. SMC got a sack, made a couple of good plays in coverage and actually looked the part. Conte had an insane INT. Mundy was all over. Fuller? Are you serious. Briggs came alive after the half as well. Bostic played a solid game.

For the offense, with all those injuries, and them taking Forte away, the effort was amazing. Kudos to the line and Cutler. Marshall is a baller.

Now the only phase that still needs work is the Special Teams. Coverage was ok, but we run too many out and don't even make it to the 20 (and risk a penalty which pins us further back). The blocked punt is unacceptable. O'Donnell steps to the right, so we need more protection on that side. When he did kick it, they were better than last game, but I am still waiting for one of his 60+ kicks.

In the end, a win is a win, but this one is a little different. We go into NY 1-1 (which was expected), but we go in with a lot of confidence. Hopefully the extra day will allow the injured to heal.

Great obsevartion.

Felt the same after the big hit...

If you watched the entire game. Something happened after that hit to Cutler in the 2nd quarter. The entire team seemed to rally around him (and then again when Peanut went down). Hopefully Jay doesn't have bruised ribs or anything worse. That looked bad. Now we get an extra day of rest and a long flight home.

Allen showed up to play, Young was an absolute beast, Houston was present, Ratliff was huge in the middle. SMC got a sack, made a couple of good plays in coverage and actually looked the part. Conte had an insane INT. Mundy was all over. Fuller? Are you serious. Briggs came alive after the half as well. Bostic played a solid game.

For the offense, with all those injuries, and them taking Forte away, the effort was amazing. Kudos to the line and Cutler. Marshall is a baller.

Now the only phase that still needs work is the Special Teams. Coverage was ok, but we run too many out and don't even make it to the 20 (and risk a penalty which pins us further back). The blocked punt is unacceptable. O'Donnell steps to the right, so we need more protection on that side. When he did kick it, they were better than last game, but I am still waiting for one of his 60+ kicks.

In the end, a win is a win, but this one is a little different. We go into NY 1-1 (which was expected), but we go in with a lot of confidence. Hopefully the extra day will allow the injured to heal.

And Jay needs to show up ready to play at the beginnings of games! That first 28 minutes was ridiculous. But you can't argue with the results in the end. Bear down!

The first 28 mins was embarrassing........ Totally shocked at the outcome of this game. With BM and Jeffrey thought to be out I thought this was going to be a blow out. Had a better outlook when they both suited up.

And Jay needs to show up ready to play at the beginnings of games! That first 28 minutes was ridiculous. But you can't argue with the results in the end. Bear down!

Trestman had two gimpy WRs out there. You start them off slow and with shorter routes because you don't want to push them too much. The 49ers knew this and were playing everything close to the LOS. As both Marshall and Jeffrey felt more comfortable with what they could do you started seeing the deeper routes and double moves that opened up the field and changed the game.

Total Loss For words...

Amazing how the rookies and Free agents played. Kudos to Briggs too, crazy old bastard

Briggs was a beast. Made up for last weeks game. You can tell he isn't as quick as he once was, but he was in all the right spots and made some nice plays. Heck of a win...one thing though...how does Joey D have a job. Our ST unit is absolutely deplorable.

Trestman had two gimpy WRs out there. You start them off slow and with shorter routes because you don't want to push them too much. The 49ers knew this and were playing everything close to the LOS. As both Marshall and Jeffrey felt more comfortable with what they could do you started seeing the deeper routes and double moves that opened up the field and changed the game.

I think only Marshall was close to healthy. AJ wasn't even 50%. Great effort by both of them just to show up.

I would've fired him on the sidelines after the early punt block. But that's me. :)

They actually played OK the rest of the night.

I agree, I said they were ok and by ok we had like another 4 penalties and one net 20 or so yard punt, etc. My new definition of Joey D okay is being one of the 5 worst units in the league vs. the absolute worst. He is the worst.