ESPN2 Is Airing a Marshall Special

scs787

Hmmmmm, It appears that Marshall doesn't like the final product...

Machine Marshall ‏@BMarshall 32m

@E60 is running a piece on me tonight that they lied to me about. It was suppose to be a story on a camp. They followed me around 2 years

Machine Marshall ‏@BMarshall 26m

That @espn and @lisasalters continues to try and tell my story in @espn's words.

Machine Marshall ‏@BMarshall 5m

Better yet I'm pissed off - beyond disappointed. This is the second time @espn did this.

Yeah I'm with Terra. ESPN appears more and more to be a "has been" organization anymore especially when compared to NFL Network. All this retrospective reporting is cheap. Especially in light of all of what's transpired these last few weeks.

They are basically TMZ Sports for TV.

Did they portray him in a negative way? Haven't seen it.

My question too. I didn't see it. Did they portray him in a negative way or talk about his troubled past? Frankly some folks don't like it when that stuff comes up even if they've overcome it. But if it's true and if it adds to the portrait, it's fair in my opinion. And given all of the shit that happened this week, even if it wasn't the best timing for Marshall, it's timely.

They talked about his troubled past, which while not so much negative because it's not anything new, if he really thought it was something about some camp like he said in a tweet then that's still pretty shitty.

It's almost as if they showed it to show that it was just a few years ago that the NFL didn't really do shit against domestic abuse.

I think it's next to impossible to increase his suspensions from 5+ years ago.

Just fuel to the fire that it wasn't handled better back then, thus showing a pattern that Goodell has been f'in this up for years.

They are bringing up old stuff: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/...andon-marshall/

and trying to get him suspended like Rice for it.

Oh no. What happened?

He talked for 45 minutes to an hour. He really said nothing to help himself, and maybe a few things that could hurt himself.

His key points from what I could take

- He was pissed(his words) at ESPN because they ignored the packet of evidence he sent them.

- It was mostly his ex's fault and it cost him 50 million in sponsors and income

- People shouldn't judge players until all the evidence comes out, because he was innocent

- Goodell is a good guy

He brought up a puking girl at his house that went to his neighbors and accused him of rape. It wasn't true. If those accusations got out, he could have been suspended for 6 games before the evidence. Brought up if the woman reporter said he raped her or hit her he would be suspended.

He wanted to know how much money Allred had donated to her causes, and if there wasn't better ways for her to support her causes.

It was just a bunch of craziness, jumbled in a bunch of rambling and very bad timing.

Where did it air?

He talked for 45 minutes to an hour. He really said nothing to help himself, and maybe a few things that could hurt himself.

His key points from what I could take

- He was pissed(his words) at ESPN because they ignored the packet of evidence he sent them.

- It was mostly his ex's fault and it cost him 50 million in sponsors and income

- People shouldn't judge players until all the evidence comes out, because he was innocent

- Goodell is a good guy

He brought up a puking girl at his house that went to his neighbors and accused him of rape. It wasn't true. If those accusations got out, he could have been suspended for 6 games before the evidence. Brought up if the woman reporter said he raped her or hit her he would be suspended.

He wanted to know how much money Allred had donated to her causes, and if there wasn't better ways for her to support her causes.

It was just a bunch of craziness, jumbled in a bunch of rambling and very bad timing.

I get this eerie feeling that the team had better prepare to game plan without him for awhile.

I don't see him getting in trouble with the NFL. I could see him losing some sponsors or Showtime job over this. The press conference was just an ill advised choice given the current climate of the NFL and there was no way for it to turn out as a positive.

I don't see him getting in trouble with the NFL. I could see him losing some sponsors or Showtime job over this. The press conference was just an ill advised choice given the current climate of the NFL and there was no way for it to turn out as a positive.

Welllll....given the general disarray with how they are handling the 'off again on again' suspension of AP and all the other debacles of late and the general feeling that Goodell is losing his control of the NFL, someone may determine to circle the wagons. And if someone pops up on the radar, IE Marshall, they could decide to suspend him to give the illusion of dealing with the problem(s). With this rarely used "Exempt/Commissioner's Permission List" it would be a ripe opportunity to use it...again. Remember the NFL is about money. IF they don't address the hemorrhaging of money because they aren't addressing the problem, it will only get worse. BM did not do himself any favors.