Football Outsiders

adam

Football Outsiders ratings (after Week 2):

Obviously with a road win against a great team, we got a huge boost from last week. An interesting note is that due to Buffalo's win, they are now considered a stronger team making our Week 1 loss not look so bad.

We improved 17.6% and now have a 49.1% to make the playoffs, which ends up being one of the Wild Cards. The NFC playoff teams are now: PHI 70.1%, SEA 69.5%, CAR 66.9%, GB 54.4%, ARZ 56.0%, and CHI 49.1%. SF is 7th at 46.9% and WAS is 8th at 41.7%.

For team efficiency ratings, the Bears are now 6th (using their DAVE formula), DEN-1, SEA-2, NE-3, GB-4, CIN-5, CHI-6, NO-7, SF-8, PHI-9, CAR-10. NFC has 7 of the top 10, but AFC has 3 of the top 5, which was surprising. BUF? At 11, which means we lost in OT to #11 and beat #8. That is not bad at all.

Our offense is now ranked 10th and defense is ranked 13th, which is awesome. Our ST still needs a lot of help at 27th. We really miss Hester here. We also need to get O'Donnell some protection so he can continue to boom the ball. His kicks were much better in Week 2, but I want some 60+ kicks.

Player Ratings (DYAR):

Cutler - 5th (Manning, Stafford, Brees, Dalton, Cutler), depending on which stats you use, Cutler is currently in the top 12 of all of them, which is great for us.

Forte - Rushing-23rd/Receiving-10th - Obviously frustrated, but he had a dropped pass and is not making his own plays this year.

Bennett - 7th - Great to see, he has been a stud and is clearly a top 10 TE.

Jeffery - 14th - This to me is fine, especially with him laboring with a hammy.

Marshall - 19th - I was surprised to see him this low, but the fumble seems to be what caused him to be this low.

OLine - Run Blocking - 22nd, Pass Pro - 11th - Obviously not being able to run the ball, injuries didn't help, but the same off tackle run to start on first down has to go.

DLine - Run Blocking - 14th, Pass Pro - 6th - It is great to see the run blocking in the top half of the league and the Pass Pro in the top 10. If we can just stay right there, we are going to be a really tough team to beat.

Snap Counts:

Mundy - 145

Mills - 141

Bushrod - 141

Long - 141

Cutler - 133

Jennings - 132

Briggs - 132

Bennett - 131

Forte - 129

Marshall - 127

Allen - 125

Mundy has played in 99.2% of the defensive snaps, Jennings and Briggs 98.4%, Allen 92.7%. I was surprised to see Houston at only 79% and Young at 44.4%. I am sure Young's snaps will double (and they need to). No real other surprises to me. I am actually glad to see a Safety in there. Mundy has been very consistent and a pleasant surprise.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com

Young's %, may be the reason he was so effective...fresh.

Football Outsiders ratings (after Week 2):

Obviously with a road win against a great team, we got a huge boost from last week. An interesting note is that due to Buffalo's win, they are now considered a stronger team making our Week 1 loss not look so bad.

We improved 17.6% and now have a 49.1% to make the playoffs, which ends up being one of the Wild Cards. The NFC playoff teams are now: PHI 70.1%, SEA 69.5%, CAR 66.9%, GB 54.4%, ARZ 56.0%, and CHI 49.1%. SF is 7th at 46.9% and WAS is 8th at 41.7%.

For team efficiency ratings, the Bears are now 6th (using their DAVE formula), DEN-1, SEA-2, NE-3, GB-4, CIN-5, CHI-6, NO-7, SF-8, PHI-9, CAR-10. NFC has 7 of the top 10, but AFC has 3 of the top 5, which was surprising. BUF? At 11, which means we lost in OT to #11 and beat #8. That is not bad at all.

Our offense is now ranked 10th and defense is ranked 13th, which is awesome. Our ST still needs a lot of help at 27th. We really miss Hester here. We also need to get O'Donnell some protection so he can continue to boom the ball. His kicks were much better in Week 2, but I want some 60+ kicks.

Player Ratings (DYAR):

Cutler - 5th (Manning, Stafford, Brees, Dalton, Cutler), depending on which stats you use, Cutler is currently in the top 12 of all of them, which is great for us.

Forte - Rushing-23rd/Receiving-10th - Obviously frustrated, but he had a dropped pass and is not making his own plays this year.

Bennett - 7th - Great to see, he has been a stud and is clearly a top 10 TE.

Jeffery - 14th - This to me is fine, especially with him laboring with a hammy.

Marshall - 19th - I was surprised to see him this low, but the fumble seems to be what caused him to be this low.

OLine - Run Blocking - 22nd, Pass Pro - 11th - Obviously not being able to run the ball, injuries didn't help, but the same off tackle run to start on first down has to go.

DLine - Run Blocking - 14th, Pass Pro - 6th - It is great to see the run blocking in the top half of the league and the Pass Pro in the top 10. If we can just stay right there, we are going to be a really tough team to beat.

Snap Counts:

Mundy - 145

Mills - 141

Bushrod - 141

Long - 141

Cutler - 133

Jennings - 132

Briggs - 132

Bennett - 131

Forte - 129

Marshall - 127

Allen - 125

Mundy has played in 99.2% of the defensive snaps, Jennings and Briggs 98.4%, Allen 92.7%. I was surprised to see Houston at only 79% and Young at 44.4%. I am sure Young's snaps will double (and they need to). No real other surprises to me. I am actually glad to see a Safety in there. Mundy has been very consistent and a pleasant surprise.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com

Possibly, but I would still like to see more of him and maximize his effectiveness.

He's always been someone that has been 'in the shadows' and a reliable player. When you play on a line with Suh, Avril, Fairley and Vanden Bosch you aren't as noticed. He seems to be peaking at just the right time. I felt he would be the steal of free agency earlier this year.