Thoughts on Vareen?

madlithuanian

I've been tooting his horn since even before the draft, but for him to be behind McCray (Conte I understand) is maybe a bit telling....I'm hoping the Bears just wanna bring him along slowly. From an athletic standpoint it's all there for him.

I also liked Amhad Dixon coming out of the draft as well, and he's look really good on ST. Would be nice if the Bears can develop 1 or both into solid starting players.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've been tooting his horn since even before the draft, but for him to be behind McCray (Conte I understand) is maybe a bit telling....I'm hoping the Bears just wanna bring him along slowly. From an athletic standpoint it's all there for him.

I also liked Amhad Dixon coming out of the draft as well, and he's look really good on ST. Would be nice if the Bears can develop 1 or both into solid starting players.

Thanks for your feedback.

An interesting thing that I'm having a hard time grasping is that despite the fact that there are 3-4 rookies and about 4-5 new players (through FA) on defense and Mel Tucker is coaching them, they seem to be getting better...not worse. Gradually but they are staying strong. Before last night the Jets were #1 in rushing offense. The Bears D held them to a total of 116 yds (with none of the five rushing players getting more than 50 yards individually). And they had the ball for three minutes longer than did the Bears. Pretty impressive I must say.

Agreed.

It's actually been kind of fun watching the D play. Never thought I'd say that this season!

An interesting thing that I'm having a hard time grasping is that despite the fact that there are 3-4 rookies and about 4-5 new players (through FA) on defense and Mel Tucker is coaching them, they seem to be getting better...not worse. Gradually but they are staying strong. Before last night the Jets were #1 in rushing offense. The Bears D held them to a total of 116 yds (with none of the five rushing players getting more than 50 yards individually). And they had the ball for three minutes longer than did the Bears. Pretty impressive I must say.

The injuries last year were just that brutal. The DL last year had absolutely no one out there healthy (People were really discounting Paea's foot injury he played through).

This year, while there has been injuries, they have just been much better prepared to fill those injuries.

Before injuries started to really kill em last year they weren't that bad. Tucker wasn't the reason they sucked last year, the players were.

The injuries last year were just that brutal. The DL last year had absolutely no one out there healthy (People were really discounting Paea's foot injury he played through).

This year, while there has been injuries, they have just been much better prepared to fill those injuries.

Before injuries started to really kill em last year they weren't that bad. Tucker wasn't the reason they sucked last year, the players were.

I think part of the reason was also the attempt to "continue" with Lovie's scheme, Lovie's terminology, etc. I don't think that decision was Tucker's and I didn't disagree with it at the time. More than that though I think the biggest difference is we have better position coaches on D this year. Despite the new scheme guys like SMC, Bostic, and even our rookie DTs are playing well.