Old fool

mondonico

Guess I'm just an old fool who after watching the Bears Packer game.

During a stopage in play, I believe it was the 4'th quarter. Cutler and Rogers were yucking it up on the sidelines. A first I thought it was a split sceen pregame thing, but no!

I don't understand how things have changed since the days of Halas, Lombardie, Forest Greg and Ditka. I know many Bears have gone onto play for the Packer, and vice versa. But never during a game, have I seen players yuck it up like I did during this game while getting your ass kicked, as I did today!!!

Maybe it's just time to move onto something else.

Really sad old fart!

Bill

During a stopage in play, I believe it was the 4'th quarter. Cutler and Rogers were yucking it up on the sidelines. A first I thought it was a split sceen pregame thing, but no!

I don't understand how things have changed since the days of Halas, Lombardie, Forest Greg and Ditka. I know many Bears have gone onto play for the Packer, and vice versa. But never during a game, have I seen players yuck it up like I did during this game while getting your ass kicked, as I did today!!!

Really sad old fart!

Bill

AMEN!

Really sad old fart!

Bill

ITs a different game now a days. IT is what it is.

Bill, after yesterday's loss, even the staunchest supporters are more than allowed to vent and question themselves!

Really sad old fart!

Bill

I understand.

My wife asked me on Sunday if I'd be OK missing the next Green Bay game. Apparently my language (and virtual tantrum acting like a 3 year old throwing things around the backyard) was over the top...and she thinks it's best that I just look at the final score and just assume it'll be a loss. I may take her advice. I'll watch all other games. I'm just not sure I can stomach watching Green Bay have their way with us time and time again. No other loss pains me. In fact, I'm sure my physician would recommend I take GB games off as well as I'm sure my blood pressure was through the roof and my alcohol intake hit Belushi-like proportions!

I am never going to quit being a Bears fan, but I am going to quit watching these Bears until they start winning.

I understand.

My wife asked me on Sunday if I'd be OK missing the next Green Bay game. Apparently my language (and virtual tantrum acting like a 3 year old throwing things around the backyard) was over the top...and she thinks it's best that I just look at the final score and just assume it'll be a loss. I may take her advice. I'll watch all other games. I'm just not sure I can stomach watching Green Bay have their way with us time and time again. No other loss pains me. In fact, I'm sure my physician would recommend I take GB games off as well as I'm sure my blood pressure was through the roof and my alcohol intake hit Belushi-like proportions!

I could have done that too with Favre. But, I didn't. You learn who you are as fan, coach, and player if you get your ass kicked a lot. You learn how to overcome it. If you don't, then you have lost your title of "die hard". If I had lost my desire to watch Favre kick our ass, I never would have seen the last play of his career.(how great was that?) So, all of you, stop being little pussies, suck it up and get back to being die hard!

I understand.

Yes, I did not watch the game live, as it is very inconvenient over here....but I checked, and read the news.

I will not watch the game.

And boy......I hear you about Belushi!

Allow for some personal internal introspection & turmoil...

Odds are my stupid ass will watch the GB game, as I always have!

I could have done that too with Favre. But, I didn't. You learn who you are as fan, coach, and player if you get your ass kicked a lot. You learn how to overcome it. If you don't, then you have lost your title of "die hard". If I had lost my desire to watch Favre kick our ass, I never would have seen the last play of his career.(how great was that?) So, all of you, stop being little pussies, suck it up and get back to being die hard!

I hear you. I spent a month in London for work and it wasn't easy finding places to watch.

I understand! I will probably go against wife's and doctors orders and watch... I think I am a glutton for punishment.

Yes, I did not watch the game live, as it is very inconvenient over here....but I checked, and read the news.

I will not watch the game.

And boy......I hear you about Belushi!

Are we really getting upset about Cutler and Rodgers "yucking it up" after the game?

You guys sure would hate rugby. we got to the bar with our opponents each week.

There's nothing wrong with sportsmanship.

This is like Man City and Man United players having a laugh after the game.....a home game with the biggest rivals we have.

I understand.

See I assume all Bears game vs. Packers will end in a loss. Makes it much easier to watch. I also think my young daughter has helped me. I tend to get more excited with the good moments but less disappointed with the bad. Bottom line, both teams have terrible defenses and the Packers have a top QB in the league, who I personally think is the very best QB in the league. Bottom line, add in a below average special teams unit as well, and we are going to have a hard time winning those games. I still am optimistic because we've seen progress out of younger players on D and our offense has continued to make improvements and well quite frankly I think it will keep getting better and get more and more on the same page with additional continuity and not many teams have Rodgers. I think we are a somewhere between an 8 and 11 win team with the most likely outcome being 9-10 wins.

PS: Watch the Patriots game yesterday, goes to show that even the very best can be pretty bad when they have a poor line and or limited to no talent at the skilled positions. I also saw Brady throw yet another pick to a wide out who ran the wrong route (again something that happened a lot with the Bears in the early Cutler era). I still think a lot about being a good QB has to do with surrounding the QB with the right personnel and consistent systems. Most important being a good line and the consistent system. We are just starting to do that and we will continue to see strides.

I'm calling it right here, people will get too high / low this year, but next year the Bears will be in the NFC championship game and quite possibly be super bowl champions. Remember this moment. I think our D will improve (and part of that may / may not be with a new coordinator depending on what happens).

See I assume all Bears game vs. Packers will end in a loss. Makes it much easier to watch. I also think my young daughter has helped me. I tend to get more excited with the good moments but less disappointed with the bad. Bottom line, both teams have terrible defenses and the Packers have a top QB in the league, who I personally think is the very best QB in the league. Bottom line, add in a below average special teams unit as well, and we are going to have a hard time winning those games. I still am optimistic because we've seen progress out of younger players on D and our offense has continued to make improvements and well quite frankly I think it will keep getting better and get more and more on the same page with additional continuity and not many teams have Rodgers. I think we are a somewhere between an 8 and 11 win team with the most likely outcome being 9-10 wins.

PS: Watch the Patriots game yesterday, goes to show that even the very best can be pretty bad when they have a poor line and or limited to no talent at the skilled positions. I also saw Brady throw yet another pick to a wide out who ran the wrong route (again something that happened a lot with the Bears in the early Cutler era). I still think a lot about being a good QB has to do with surrounding the QB with the right personnel and consistent systems. Most important being a good line and the consistent system. We are just starting to do that and we will continue to see strides.

I'm calling it right here, people will get too high / low this year, but next year the Bears will be in the NFC championship game and quite possibly be super bowl champions. Remember this moment. I think our D will improve (and part of that may / may not be with a new coordinator depending on what happens).

I sure hope it is with a new coordinator.

Thank you for that perspective.

:cheers

Are we really getting upset about Cutler and Rodgers "yucking it up" after the game?

You guys sure would hate rugby. we got to the bar with our opponents each week.

There's nothing wrong with sportsmanship.

I am all for sportsmanship, hugs and kisses for everyone before or after. Good with that. Heck you can even help the guy up after you both knock each other down. Someone is hurt and you talk to them or the other team, yea. Tell the guy he made a great play etc., etc. But during a time out or stopage during the game. I'm pretty sure the Bears off. had the ball at the time. You go to the other side of the field or even meet in the middle and yuck it up with the other team. This was just really different. If anything your getting your ass kicked you should be talking to your own teammates. Just don't remember seeing that in the past when some of the players I view as my Football hero's played. And yea i'm an older fart so I know things change, still just sticks in my craw a little.

But I will watch the game again next week.