The sky is not falling

Chitownhustla

Who is everyone? Cutler said after the game he has to put it in front of Bennett more. Graham said he saw Cutler staring down Bennett, had seen the play in practice, and made the play.

I was referring to the Score and Espn radio.... they talked about it all week after that game.

Who is Greg Cosell????? I know who his father was but no clue what his son does or what expertise he has either.

Trent was speaking on what he has seen from the first 4 games. It looks like the article your guy wrote is from one game. Either way no QB will have perfect mechanics every play of every game. Mechanics break down, Trent who ripped Cutler for many years about his bad mechanics raved about them the first 4 games of this year.

The big mechanic change with Cutler that he talked about was his feet being lined up with his eyes. Where ever his eyes are looking his feet at aligned with his eyes. Before Cutler would throw from all different positions because his arm is a rocket cannon, now his footwork is great and lined up correctly.

I know you love to hate Cutler, it sounded like Trent Dilfer loved to hate him too. Dilfer is now on the Cutler bandwagon. If Cutler has changed Dilfers view of him its only a matter of time that you change your view too!! lol

I hope Dilfer is right and Cutler keeps getting better and better!

Greg Cosell is revered in his industry. You can look him up if you don't know, I'm sure you can operate google or Wikipedia. I was wrong earlier about his relation to Howard. He's actually his nephew not his son... Anyhow.

So now that Trent "Corndog" Dilfer has changed his tune, suddenly he speaks gospel? Interesting.

I'll give you this ; I agree with others when they say Jay probably has one of the best (if not the best) NATURAL talent for a QB in the NFL. I'll even concede that he appears, at times, to be improving in his mechanics . (It's unfortunate that he's taken nine years to do it). But I can't get over the boneheaded game time choices he makes. Time and again he kills the team with the sudden emergence of Mr Hyde and makes desperation throws and tries to do when others hesitate. Is it tunnel vision in the face of adversity? Perhaps . All I know is I won't be content until he proves himself worthy in the money the team paid him. Not just for "getting better" in four games, but rather winning at least a playoff game. Then maybe I'll be an apologist rather than a "hater".

Greg Cosell is revered in his industry. You can look him up if you don't know, I'm sure you can operate google or Wikipedia. I was wrong earlier about his relation to Howard. He's actually his nephew not his son... Anyhow.

So now that Trent "Corndog" Dilfer has changed his tune, suddenly he speaks gospel? Interesting.

I'll give you this ; I agree with others when they say Jay probably has one of the best (if not the best) NATURAL talent for a QB in the NFL. I'll even concede that he appears, at times, to be improving in his mechanics . (It's unfortunate that he's taken nine years to do it). But I can't get over the boneheaded game time choices he makes. Time and again he kills the team with the sudden emergence of Mr Hyde and makes desperation throws and tries to do when others hesitate. Is it tunnel vision in the face of adversity? Perhaps . All I know is I won't be content until he proves himself worthy in the money the team paid him. Not just for "getting better" in four games, but rather winning at least a playoff game. Then maybe I'll be an apologist rather than a "hater".

I don't know how Bears fans can complain about having Jay Cutler???? Did you see what Minnesota is putting out there at QB, Ponder.... really? I guess you forget what it has been like for the past 20 years in Chicago. The bears tried fooling us for years by bringing guys off the street to be an NFL starting QB, like Henry Burris, Craig Krenzel, well read this article:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1653732-breaking-down-25-years-of-chicago-bears-qb-misery. All I ask is please appreciate what we have and the direction this well built offensive is going with our first legit QB with weapons and protection in a really long time. Would you rather lose like the Vikings did tonight. We can hang in and beat a good team but right now we are all just frustrated with the inconsistency from all phases of the Bears. Here's to hoping we can start a win streak in Carolina! Bear down!!!

I don't know how Bears fans can complain about having Jay Cutler???? Did you see what Minnesota is running out there at QB, Ponder.... really? I guess you forget what it has been like for the past 20 years in Chicago have absolutely like Henry Burris, Craig Krenzel, well read this article:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1653732-breaking-down-25-years-of-chicago-bears-qb-misery. All I ask is please appreciate what we have and the direction this well built offensive is gowing with our first legit QB in a really long time. Would you rather lose like the Vikings did tonight. We can hang in and beat good team but right we are.just frustrated with the inconsistency right now from all phases of the Bears. Here's to hoping we can start a win streak in Carolina! Bear down!!!

Minny and GB don't have a pro bowl RB, 2 PB WR's and one that was the Super Bowl MVP, a TE that will make the PB this year, an offensive line of pro bowlers protecting their QB.

Green Bay showed what Great QB and be like, and Minny showed what you get when you settle for mediocrity. We are stuck with Cutler which is neither but plays at times like both.

He is a mid tier QB despite being with the most talented offensive group of players and playing for an offensive genius. You can't blame fans for wanting better for the team.

Minny and GB don't have a pro bowl RB, 2 PB WR's and one that was the Super Bowl MVP, a TE that will make the PB this year, an offensive line of pro bowlers protecting their QB.

Green Bay showed what Great QB and be like, and Minny showed what you get when you settle for mediocrity. We are stuck with Cutler which is neither but plays at times like both.

He is a mid tier QB despite being with the most talented offensive group of players and playing for an offensive genius. You can't blame fans for wanting better for the team.

That...was well put. Bravo sir. :cheers

For starters, our OL is not nearly as talented as you suggest. It's made up of one proven good player, a high draft pick and a bunch of other guys that are nothing to write home about. Marshall and Forte are the only proven weapons and both are better because of Cutler. Look what they did without. I agree with you that he is mediocre, but there not a better attainable QB out there. And again, he makes them ALL better despite his flaws.

Lacy-

Nelson-

Cobb -

Yeah Rodgers has nothing around him..... Brady has nothing around him. Look how awesome he is.

Lacy-

Nelson-

Cobb -

Yeah Rodgers has nothing around him..... Brady has nothing around him. Look how awesome he is.

Lacy was a Pro Bowler and Nelson leads the league in almost every single stat category. They are not as good as Marshall/Jeffery/Forte, but Nelson/Cobb/Lacy is pretty damn close. Bennett puts us over the top, but Rodgers is unfortunately much better than Cutler. Cutler is probably around #12 in the league, he has flashes that put him in the top 5 and dumb plays that put him below the top half of the league. The crazy part is it almost comes down to one or two plays a game that make the difference.

We must remind ourselves that the best QB's int he league don't always win SB's.

Look at Dan Marino as one example... Favre only won one. Elway, only when he got a running game. Rodgers only 1.

It takes a team.

I like our team on O. Now we just need to get the D in order and we should be able to content for the next few years.

Lacy was a Pro Bowler and Nelson leads the league in almost every single stat category. They are not as good as Marshall/Jeffery/Forte, but Nelson/Cobb/Lacy is pretty damn close. Bennett puts us over the top, but Rodgers is unfortunately much better than Cutler. Cutler is probably around #12 in the league, he has flashes that put him in the top 5 and dumb plays that put him below the top half of the league. The crazy part is it almost comes down to one or two plays a game that make the difference.

No need for Google..... Don't Care.... Ill take was Trent said over Greg Cosell anyday..... Trent was probably the biggest Cutler critic out there. Now he is buying Cutler from what he has heard from his inside sources and game film.

Greg Cosell said Cutler is a See it Throw type QB....... That is not a newsflash, that has been said for many years by many people including Trent. I do not take what Trent says as gospel; but when he rips a QB every chance he gets and then changes his tune Ill believe it.

Does Jay have to cut down on the bone head plays, yes but I think he is doing everything he needs to to make that happen. I think what Trent was saying in whole is that once Cutler cuts the bone head plays out he will be in the Elite group of QB's, as of right now he is in the Top 10. Trent didn't want to use the word Elite....he said premier.

Ill take top 10 any day, we had bottom 10 for so long top 10 feels pretty good!

As much as I hate to admit it, Aaron Rodgers will probably go down as one of the greatest QBs of all time. Last night they showed his TD/INT rate and it was a full point higher than anyone in history.....Comparing Rodgers and Cutler is a little silly. As much as I love Cutler, there's really no comparison there.

Jay, IMO is near the top of the 2nd tier of QBs. Probably somewhere in the 7-10 range.

As much as I hate to admit it, Aaron Rodgers will probably go down as one of the greatest QBs of all time. Last night they showed his TD/INT rate and it was a full point higher than anyone in history.....Comparing Rodgers and Cutler is a little silly. As much as I love Cutler, there's really no comparison there.

Jay, IMO is near the top of the 2nd tier of QBs. Probably somewhere in the 7-10 range.

Rodgers is insane. People seem to not understand that. He is the best QB in the NFL and his skill set matches it. Put him against our D and we are going to have a lot of trouble. He has a hose, can run, and is extremely accurate with the ball. Oh, he's also pretty smart with it too.

At the moment, our hope is matchups. I don't think we can beat them with Rodgers under center. However, teams like Seattle can. One possible scenario would be that someone KO's GB (as has been done in numerous playoffs), and then we could possibly beat that team.

Rodgers is insane. People seem to not understand that. He is the best QB in the NFL and his skill set matches it. Put him against our D and we are going to have a lot of trouble. He has a hose, can run, and is extremely accurate with the ball. Oh, he's also pretty smart with it too.

At the moment, our hope is matchups. I don't think we can beat them with Rodgers under center. However, teams like Seattle can. One possible scenario would be that someone KO's GB (as has been done in numerous playoffs), and then we could possibly beat that team.

The Bears were score for score with the Packers in the first half. I feel we had some shitty calls go against us and two turnovers in the second half. GB didn't make any mistakes, sooner or later the calls will go our way and maybe next game our D creates two turnovers.