First Half vs Second half offense

Chitownhustla

It's a little odd because typically west coast offenses start slow and finish "fast".

I've got a feeling Jeffery/Marshall are still a little banged up right now. That's the only reason I can think of as to why the Bears haven't been taking any real shots down the field the last few games.

Typically in the WCO you see the little dump passes early on to set up the deep pass. But at least yesterday and I velieve last week as well the dump passes haven't lead to anything other than more dump passes.

I can't imagine a healthy Marshall/Jeffery can't get open down the field and Jay is just checking it down.

I think it goes back to the article we were talking about in another thread. Cutler has to see a WR open and gun it in there, instead of anticipating where the WR will be and making his throws.

He's seeing coverage on up his main target and dumping it of after. I think other teams have noticed this and playing Marshall and Jefferey different, the injuries slowing down them doesn't help either.

I think it goes back to the article we were talking about in another thread. Cutler has to see a WR open and gun it in there, instead of anticipating where the WR will be and making his throws.

He's seeing coverage on up his main target and dumping it of after. I think other teams have noticed this and playing Marshall and Jefferey different, the injuries slowing down them doesn't help either.

Yeah, if he is being reactive, that can only get you so far in this league. I really hope that defenses haven't figured him out because two straight games with halftime adjustments have killed us.

Is Forte the problem? Back to back games with over 160 yards of total offense and 28 touches and we lose.

Yeah, if he is being reactive, that can only get you so far in this league. I really hope that defenses haven't figured him out because two straight games with halftime adjustments have killed us.

Is Forte the problem? Back to back games with over 160 yards of total offense and 28 touches and we lose.

I wouldn't say Forte is the problem.

Before this year, Cutler would hold on to the ball to long, wait to see his guy open and force the ball into good coverage. He would make a nice play, get sacked, or get picked/almost picked.

This year, he's dumping the ball off after he doesn't see a guy open. It's something I wish he did more in the past, which is an improvement. However, he is doing it so much that I question if it isn't neutering the offense.

It could be D's adjusting to how he is playing now, it could be him not trusting his WR's to get open, or he may not trust his line to hold up until he "Sees" someone open.

Or I could just be completely wrong, lol.

They only had 1 first Down in the second half of the Panthers game, they need to adjust something.

I wouldn't say Forte is the problem.

Before this year, Cutler would hold on to the ball to long, wait to see his guy open and force the ball into good coverage. He would make a nice play, get sacked, or get picked/almost picked.

This year, he's dumping the ball off after he doesn't see a guy open. It's something I wish he did more in the past, which is an improvement. However, he is doing it so much that I question if it isn't neutering the offense.

It could be D's adjusting to how he is playing now, it could be him not trusting his WR's to get open, or he may not trust his line to hold up until he "Sees" someone open.

Or I could just be completely wrong, lol.

They only had 1 first Down in the second half of the Panthers game, they need to adjust something.

I just don't understand how a defense can defend all our playmakers every play. It seems like they are getting pressure while still dropping 7 into coverage and no one is open. Then when we are on defense, QBs can pick the zone apart.

Forte's problem is he can't get the tough yard. We lack a bruiser.