Run Defense

adam

I saw some interesting stats on Football Outsiders in regards to our rushing defense. We are currently middle of the road for run defense, but have a few areas that really need some work. We are 25th in Run Stuffs, 25th off the Left Tackle (RDE), and 30th off the Right Tackle (LDE). I was really surprised to see how bad we have been off the Left DE as Houston and Young have been lining up there. That really needs to change, we are basically being gashed for over 5 1/2 yards on runs over the Right Tackle. The lack of stuffs makes sense due to the struggling LB's.

I saw some interesting stats on Football Outsiders in regards to our rushing defense. We are currently middle of the road for run defense, but have a few areas that really need some work. We are 25th in Run Stuffs, 25th off the Left Tackle (RDE), and 30th off the Right Tackle (LDE). I was really surprised to see how bad we have been off the Left DE as Houston and Young have been lining up there. That really needs to change, we are basically being gashed for over 5 1/2 yards on runs over the Right Tackle. The lack of stuffs makes sense due to the struggling LB's.

…and which LB is right behind Houston and Young? Briggs. That's why this is his last season with the Bears.