Bears Win!

AZ54

Leading tacklers: Greene and Sharpton, and Hurst with an INT.

Game balls to Cutler (381 yards, 68.4%, 1 TD, 0 INT, and 1 left-handed throw), Young (2 sacks) and the entire D-Line (4 sacks), Marshall, Jeffery, Forte, and the young LBs stepping up. Besides for that long screen to Smith, the defense held this explosive offense in check at home. 42 rushing yards allowed is crazy good.

Game balls to Cutler (381 yards, 68.4%, 1 TD, 0 INT, and 1 left-handed throw), Young (2 sacks) and the entire D-Line (4 sacks), Marshall, Jeffery, Forte, and the young LBs stepping up. Besides for that long screen to Smith, the defense held this explosive offense in check at home. 42 rushing yards allowed is crazy good.

Don't forget the 2-3 tipped passes. Another by Ferguson.

And, I might add, another sack by Paea. He's starting to show some good as of late.

Maybe they should let Williams and Briggs take more time off?

Don't forget the 2-3 tipped passes. Another by Ferguson.

And, I might add, another sack by Paea. He's starting to show some good as of late.

Maybe they should let Williams and Briggs take more time off?

Oh yeah, the entire D-Line played great. Our entire starting LB Corps, plus 4th LB was out. We started our 5th, 6th, and 7th. That is crazy. Briggs, Williams, SMC, and Bostic.

Game ball to Reggie Herring. I had to look up who Sharpton was and so Reggie's got his bottom 3 LBs out there the entire game and they give up 13pts. After week 1 there was a lot of people on this board who wanted to bring in Ray Lewis to coach or motivate our LBs. I see no reason to think Reggie needs any help.

Mel Tucker deserves credit too. Six games into the season he has his defense ranked 17th in yards given up per game, not so good on pts/game @ 24th. Yet it's a total rebuilding effort and he's relying on rookies and 2nd year players at DT, LB, CB, and now FS and there is some progress each week, usually in different areas. This appears to be the most complete game they've played as a defense this season. Free safety continues to be the achilles heel. I noticed Vereen was out there today and hopefully he played well enough to stay on the field next week. We need some continuity there.

Guest TerraTor
Oh yeah, the entire D-Line played great. Our entire starting LB Corps, plus 4th LB was out. We started our 5th, 6th, and 7th. That is crazy. Briggs, Williams, SMC, and Bostic.

Not sure they should be labeled "starters" ... ha

Not sure they should be labeled "starters" ... ha

The more important question could be will those "starters" get their jobs back? If healthy next week I'd say of course but if their injury issues drag out for a few weeks I don't know. Bostic of course will get back on the field as he is the future and his back spasms should be healed after a weekend off. SMC should be back soon but will likely be out at least another week. I didn't get to see the game so I can't really say how well guys like Greene played but it seems clear what he did this game was better than anything he did last year.

Mel Tucker deserves credit too. Six games into the season he has his defense ranked 17th in yards given up per game, not so good on pts/game @ 24th. Yet it's a total rebuilding effort and he's relying on rookies and 2nd year players at DT, LB, CB, and now FS and there is some progress each week, usually in different areas. This appears to be the most complete game they've played as a defense this season. Free safety continues to be the achilles heel. I noticed Vereen was out there today and hopefully he played well enough to stay on the field next week. We need some continuity there.

I agree that the defense looked better yesterday (particularly the D-line), but there were still large gaps on the field for Ryan to throw into, the Falcons just kept dropping balls or passes were being tipped at the line. I don't think they have fixed anything schematically or personnel wise that helps them beat a good QB who can find those holes.

I agree that the defense looked better yesterday (particularly the D-line), but there were still large gaps on the field for Ryan to throw into, the Falcons just kept dropping balls or passes were being tipped at the line. I don't think they have fixed anything schematically or personnel wise that helps them beat a good QB who can find those holes.

But then again we haven't seen this group of three LBers play together. So maybe with them lined up against better QB we'll see?

Found this article that speaks to it a little. And it gives us some insight to who this Sharpton kid is. Who knew about the Texans connection?

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/22296...n=chicago-bears

I've watched a lot of the Falcons this year, because I have Ryan and Jones in fantasy.

Their line is really, really bad. They have a lot of injuries, but they weren't really good before them. That's why it's hard for me to take away much from the game. The D-Line looked like probowl starters because they were playing CFL level players. That funnels back and makes everyone else's job easier.

Well...That was satisfying.

B and Alshon look healthy again which is great to see. Forte with back to back 10+ reception games, he leads the league in receptions now. MartyB didn't have a great game, but man, I love when he gets the ball, he's so tough to bring down and resilient after the catch.

Defense was fantastic. Love the Sharpton signing, wouldn't be surprised if he's kept around for a bit. Greene look impressive as well. DL played great, Willie Young and Stephen Paea are both in the top 10 in sacks this year which is awesome. Can't say I'm too surprised by it either.

Bring on the Dolphins.

(Also, I will be staying out of this weeks game thread like I did for this game...Cuz superstition)

B and Alshon look healthy again which is great to see. Forte with back to back 10+ reception games, he leads the league in receptions now. MartyB didn't have a great game, but man, I love when he gets the ball, he's so tough to bring down and resilient after the catch.

Defense was fantastic. Love the Sharpton signing, wouldn't be surprised if he's kept around for a bit. Greene look impressive as well. DL played great, Willie Young and Stephen Paea are both in the top 10 in sacks this year which is awesome. Can't say I'm too surprised by it either.

Bring on the Dolphins.

(Also, I will be staying out of this weeks game thread like I did for this game...Cuz superstition)

STAY OUT!!! and I mean that in a good way!

I will also create the Game Thread again on Saturday morning.

Bring on the Dolphins.

scs787 for giggles and laughs I believe I am one of the most superstitious members of this board and have flat out resorted to some strange behavior during games. Change shirts drinking a shot after TDs with a beer chaser to throwing a cap on the floor when there's a turnover. I have finally convinced myself that wearing a Cutler away jersey which I hate and shaving my facial hair into a goatee is the formula for success right now. So you do whatever is necessary brother I support you.lol

scs787 for giggles and laughs I believe I am one of the most superstitious members of this board and have flat out resorted to some strange behavior during games. Change shirts drinking a shot after TDs with a beer chaser to throwing a cap on the floor when there's a turnover. I have finally convinced myself that wearing a Cutler away jersey which I hate and shaving my facial hair into a goatee is the formula for success right now. So you do whatever is necessary brother I support you.lol

Ha! I have two dogs, a pit bull and a Jack Russell. The Bears seem to do best when the Jack Russell is sitting on the sofa with me. Can't seem to keep that little fucker in one place for very long though, LOL.