Cutler so far by the numbers

Chitownhustla

NFL QBR - 68.1 puts him at 10th

Yards - 1676 puts him 4th

Comp %- 68.1 puts him 5th

TD's - 13 puts him 5th

INT- 6 puts him at tied at 7th -----this is the one that needs to stay put at 6!

I already know what Cutler Haters are going to say, its the WTF plays (INT) and I get that. But you have to admit his numbers are a lot better than before Trestman came to town.

Projected 2014 as of today

Comp 416

ATT 611

Yards 4,469

% 68.1

TD's 35

INT 16

QBR 68.1

Rating 97.4

If you asked me if I would be happy with these numbers before the season I would be. I'm hoping the TD to INT ratio gets better, that about it.

NFL QBR - 68.1 puts him at 10th

Yards - 1676 puts him 4th

Comp %- 68.1 puts him 5th

TD's - 13 puts him 5th

INT- 6 puts him at tied at 7th -----this is the one that needs to stay put at 6!

I already know what Cutler Haters are going to say, its the WTF plays (INT) and I get that. But you have to admit his numbers are a lot better than before Trestman came to town.

Projected 2014 as of today

Comp 416

ATT 611

Yards 4,469

% 68.1

TD's 35

INT 16

QBR 68.1

Rating 97.4

If you asked me if I would be happy with these numbers before the season I would be. I'm hoping the TD to INT ratio gets better, that about it.

Like Brian Billick said: Jeff George.

Like Brian Billick said: Jeff George.

Waddle and Silvy went over this exact comparison today on espn radio. They went over about 6 or 7 reasons and stats on why it is a bad comparison. I wish I remembered what was said.

Maybe you can listen to their broadcast, if you are interested.

I honestly have no clue why people hate Jay so much. He's the best Bears QB of my life time but I'm only 38. People bitch about his contract like it's their money the Bears spent and hate him for it yet the bottom line is you cannot get a QB of his caliber in today's NFL for much less. That being said:

He has looked more prepared these last two years. This year moreso than last.

He appears quicker through his progressions and has been making much better decisions.

Why is it we can't stand behind our QB? Would you prefer Rexy or Kyle?

I honestly have no clue why people hate Jay so much. He's the best Bears QB of my life time but I'm only 38. People bitch about his contract like it's their money the Bears spent and hate him for it yet the bottom line is you cannot get a QB of his caliber in today's NFL for much less. That being said:

He has looked more prepared these last two years. This year moreso than last.

He appears quicker through his progressions and has been making much better decisions.

Why is it we can't stand behind our QB? Would you prefer Rexy or Kyle?

I would have loved Kyle as a QB, to see how he progressed in this offense, or as a place holder while an heir apparent was drafted. Now, not so much as he's jumped from team to team, backed up Romo, and just didn't have a chance to develop correctly. Grossman's problems were the same as Cutler's but Grossman had them to a greater extent.

I don't hate Cutler, I liked him on the League with the Cutlet and all. I just think he is a lower tiered QB while you consider him to be the best QB for the Bears in your lifetime. Quite simply, I think if you don't have a top 10 QB in the league, you should actively be looking for one. Cutler's contract means the Bears are settling for a highly flawed QB that will prevent the Bears to reach the Super Bowl through his play and the players that could be brought in with his capspace.

To me the biggest difference in Cutler is the Red Zone this year, 13 TD - 0 INT is awesome.

One concern is he is tied for 5th in sacks with 15, so his numbers could potentially be better with less pressure.

Based on his numbers, he is a top 10 QB.

TD- Is he not the best Bears QB of your lifetime as well? If not, who is?

Cutler is firmly an 8-12 qb in this league right now. The top 5 are true franchise qb's that are all destined to be HOF's. After that we have Romo, Rivers, Joe...etc who each have flaws like our qb. He's ou unquestioned leader that will be here for years. Get used to it.

Some posters are never satisfied.

To me the biggest difference in Cutler is the Red Zone this year, 13 TD - 0 INT is awesome.

One concern is he is tied for 5th in sacks with 15, so his numbers could potentially be better with less pressure.

Based on his numbers, he is a top 10 QB.

This year, his numbers may say he is top 10. By that argument, McCown would be a top 3 QB in the league his 6 games last year. Brady with this talent would rival Manning in Denver. Brady doesn't have the talent, so he probably isn't in the top 10 in stats. I am just talking over all, top 10 talent at his position.

Brady

Manning

Brees

Luck

Rodgers

Ryan

Rivers

Wilson

Foles

Roethlisberger

Stafford

Flacco (Super Bowl)

Eli (Super BowlS)

Newton

Palmer

There, randomly, are 15 QB's that I think are better before getting into debatable ones like RG3, Dalton, Davis, Kap, and Cousins and so on.

Edit: I forgot Romo that is better than a few of the guys on that list

TD- Is he not the best Bears QB of your lifetime as well? If not, who is?

Cutler is firmly an 8-12 qb in this league right now. The top 5 are true franchise qb's that are all destined to be HOF's. After that we have Romo, Rivers, Joe...etc who each have flaws like our qb. He's ou unquestioned leader that will be here for years. Get used to it.

Some posters are never satisfied.

Kramer and Orton, imho, were better. McCown was better than him last year with the same talent surrounding him.

Maybe you should check the date of this post versus what I was referring to. Billicks comparison to George was last week where your nugget was from last month.

Billick did comment on that and thought it was premature , in fact he gets mocked pretty regular on NFC/AFC Playbook for it.

Maybe he'll have to change his mind again later on? Guess we'll see .

Kramer and Orton, imho, were better. McCown was better than him last year with the same talent surrounding him.

Hell in the short time he played for the Bears Jim Miller was better. Injuries were what stopped him. I think it safe to assume McMahon was better if not for only a short period.

Cutler's book isn't closed yet. He can still pull out a winning legacy if he continues on the right path and leaves his old habits behind.

This year, his numbers may say he is top 10. By that argument, McCown would be a top 3 QB in the league his 6 games last year. Brady with this talent would rival Manning in Denver. Brady doesn't have the talent, so he probably isn't in the top 10 in stats. I am just talking over all, top 10 talent at his position.

Brady

Manning

Brees

Luck

Rodgers

Ryan

Rivers

Wilson

Foles

Roethlisberger

Stafford

Flacco (Super Bowl)

Eli (Super BowlS)

Newton

Palmer

There, randomly, are 15 QB's that I think are better before getting into debatable ones like RG3, Dalton, Davis, Kap, and Cousins and so on.

To me QBs are broken down into about 5 categories:

HoFers: Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady

Vets that won a Super Bowl: Flacco, Eli, Big Ben

Vets that have not won a Super Bowl: Romo, Rivers, Ryan, Stafford, Newton, Smith, Palmer, Cutler

Young Guns: Wilson, Foles, Luck, Kaepernick, Dalton, Cousins

All others: Fitzpatrick, Bradford, Tannehill, etc

To me, the 4 HoFers are the only ones better than Cutler on any given Sunday. The Super Bowl vets are as inconsistent as Cutler, the only difference is they won on some great teams. Big Ben is probably the best out of that group. The vets not to win an SB are filled with a lot of underachievers and a bunch of bad records. If a QB gets credit for a SB by a great team, he has to take the blame for a crappy team too. So Newton, Palmer, Stafford, Ryan have all been on some bad teams, so they were bad too. Cutler's worst record was his first season in Chicago at 7-9. He fits in here nicely, probably right after Rivers and Romo, and before Ryan, Newton, and Stafford. Then you have the Young Guns, Wilson won a Super Bowl with arguably the best defense and home field advantage ever. He has looked like crap this year, and if not for a 100 yard rushing day, Seattle is 2-3. Luck is the only one I would say is better than Cutler right now.

So Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, Rivers, Romo, and Luck, then Cutler. That puts him at 8 right now. If you add Wilson, Eli, Newton, and Ryan, that puts him at 12. I would say 8-12 is his spot.

Hell in the short time he played for the Bears Jim Miller was better. Injuries were what stopped him. I think it safe to assume McMahon was better if not for only a short period.

Cutler's book isn't closed yet. He can still pull out a winning legacy if he continues on the right path and leaves his old habits behind.

Miller had 34 TDs to 26 INTs as a Bear, McMahon was 67-56. Cutler is 114-81. Interesting that if you add their 2 sets of numbers you get 101-82, about 13 TDs less than Cutler with 1 more INT.

Wait, what about Orton, 30-27, maybe Tomczak, 33-47, Jim Harbaugh, 50-56. Kramer was probably the best at 63-45, and that ratio is still slightly lower than Cutler's. With 5 more wins, Cutler will be have the most wins as a QB in Bears history.

To me QBs are broken down into about 5 categories:

HoFers: Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady

Vets that won a Super Bowl: Flacco, Eli, Big Ben

Vets that have not won a Super Bowl: Romo, Rivers, Ryan, Stafford, Newton, Smith, Palmer, Cutler

Young Guns: Wilson, Foles, Luck, Kaepernick, Dalton, Cousins

All others: Fitzpatrick, Bradford, Tannehill, etc

To me, the 4 HoFers are the only ones better than Cutler on any given Sunday. The Super Bowl vets are as inconsistent as Cutler, the only difference is they won on some great teams. Big Ben is probably the best out of that group. The vets not to win an SB are filled with a lot of underachievers and a bunch of bad records. If a QB gets credit for a SB by a great team, he has to take the blame for a crappy team too. So Newton, Palmer, Stafford, Ryan have all been on some bad teams, so they were bad too. Cutler's worst record was his first season in Chicago at 7-9. He fits in here nicely, probably right after Rivers and Romo, and before Ryan, Newton, and Stafford. Then you have the Young Guns, Wilson won a Super Bowl with arguably the best defense and home field advantage ever. He has looked like crap this year, and if not for a 100 yard rushing day, Seattle is 2-3. Luck is the only one I would say is better than Cutler right now.

So Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, Rivers, Romo, and Luck, then Cutler. That puts him at 8 right now. If you add Wilson, Eli, Newton, and Ryan, that puts him at 12. I would say 8-12 is his spot.

Opinions of rankings are subjective. I would have him closer to 20 on my rankings due to the 16 i said were better, ones that may be close, and then rookies who have potential to be great.

However, you can't have him above Matt Ryan. I would ague Newton too,but Ryan has been consistently better through out his career. 4 of 6 of Ryan's prior years in the leage, he has a better rating that Cutlers best year. The only reason Newton's rating has been lower is because he had 29 TD's rushing so far.

Miller had 34 TDs to 26 INTs as a Bear, McMahon was 67-56. Cutler is 114-81. Interesting that if you add their 2 sets of numbers you get 101-82, about 13 TDs less than Cutler with 1 more INT.

Wait, what about Orton, 30-27, maybe Tomczak, 33-47, Jim Harbaugh, 50-56. Kramer was probably the best at 63-45, and that ratio is still slightly lower than Cutler's. With 5 more wins, Cutler will be have the most wins as a QB in Bears history.

Cutler has been to the Playoffs one time in 5 years. He is 1-9 against the Packers. Been given everything he has asked for. There's not another QB given the chance he has had. Whether it coordinator changes, best buddy QB coaches brought in, spending twice as much on O than D, whatever.

They are standing by him.

When I said Orton, he really just started growing. He had a better year for the Broncos the year after the trade, Cutler had the most turnovers in the nfl. They branched off since then, considering the opportunities given to them.

Kramer lead a good O. It's really hard to judge stats now vs the past, due to all the rule changes they have. Numbers are bloated over all this year, due to the new rules, and the last few years they have added rules that changed things.

I do give Cutler more credit for checking down this year more often than forcing it. But I feel it is more of a stare a guy the initial receiver he's not open, time to check down thing.Compared to Cutler working through progressions, and then settling for the check down Forte.

Opinions of rankings are subjective. I would have him closer to 20 on my rankings due to the 16 i said were better, ones that may be close, and then rookies who have potential to be great.

However, you can't have him above Matt Ryan. I would ague Newton too,but Ryan has been consistently better through out his career. 4 of 6 of Ryan's prior years in the leage, he has a better rating that Cutlers best year. The only reason Newton's rating has been lower is because he had 29 TD's rushing so far.

Ryan QB'd a 4-12 team, that takes him out. Newton? He is a better athlete than Cutler, but not QB.

Maybe you should check the date of this post versus what I was referring to. Billicks comparison to George was last week where your nugget was from last month.

Don't care. Anyone who swings from one end of the spectrum to the other in that short of a time, like some of the gals here, ought to have their opinions discounted.

I'm 50 in December. Cutler is by far the best QB the Bears have had in my lifetime. I liked Jimmy Mac a lot better and was probably more enthusiastic about the club when Kramer and Miller were QB'ing them, but on all measurables, Cutler is better. For some reason, some of the "haters" here expect perfection because he's paid well. Foolishness. But that's just my opinion, although it's backed up by the numbers, facts, etc. Most don't want to take into account the constantly changing offenses during most of Cutler's career here, under a defensive minded coach, with no O Line talent, and a GM who absolutely SUCKED at picking offensive players. They're entitled to their flawed opinions too.

Brady

Manning

Brees

Luck

Rodgers

Ryan

Rivers

Wilson

Foles

Roethlisberger

Stafford

Flacco (Super Bowl)

Eli (Super BowlS)

Newton

Palmer

Bold names are the only ones you can say without a doubt are better then Cutler (after Trestman arrived). Newton should not be on that list. Romo should be on that list but is comparable to Cutler.

I'm 50 in December. Cutler is by far the best QB the Bears have had in my lifetime. I liked Jimmy Mac a lot better and was probably more enthusiastic about the club when Kramer and Miller were QB'ing them, but on all measurables, Cutler is better. For some reason, some of the "haters" here expect perfection because he's paid well. Foolishness. But that's just my opinion, although it's backed up by the numbers, facts, etc. Most don't want to take into account the constantly changing offenses during most of Cutler's career here, under a defensive minded coach, with no O Line talent, and a GM who absolutely SUCKED at picking offensive players. They're entitled to their flawed opinions too.

Fair enough.

Cutler has been to the Playoffs one time in 5 years. He is 1-9 against the Packers. Been given everything he has asked for. There's not another QB given the chance he has had. Whether it coordinator changes, best buddy QB coaches brought in, spending twice as much on O than D, whatever.

Team game, THE BEARS have been to the Playoffs 1 time in 5 years. THE BEARS are 1-9 against the Packers.

You forget the league high sacks and shit OC the Bears and Cutler dealt with while Lovie was here. NO ONE would come to be the OC here, had to settle for MARTZ, we all saw how great that was.

Cutler had his brains beat in. I said then, Ill say it now, Peyton, Drew and Tom wouldn't have done any better with the OLine and WR's Cutler had back then. Oh and then Martz gets fired and they hire TICE, great idea!

I have been a Cutler backer this hole time. I have gone on record that since Trestman and Emery came to town Cutler has everything he needs to be great.

He has weapons, and Oline and great OC. If he doesn't produce GREAT numbers not GOOD but great then Ill say I was wrong.

Last year we saw improvements in Cutler's numbers, then he got hurt. That really sucked but it is what it is. This year, its Cutler 2nd year in the same system with the same weapons and oline. IF he doesn't put on a show this year, there are no more excuses.

When I said Orton, he really just started growing. He had a better year for the Broncos the year after the trade, Cutler had the most turnovers in the nfl. They branched off since then, considering the opportunities given to them.

I never was a fan of Orton. Glad he was traded, he got his shot in Denver and has been a back up ever since. Now he has the starting spot over EJ Manuel, big deal. Even his own college coach said he wouldn't be a good NFL QB, Jimbo Fisher.

Kramer lead a good O. It's really hard to judge stats now vs the past, due to all the rule changes they have. Numbers are bloated over all this year, due to the new rules, and the last few years they have added rules that changed things.

I do give Cutler more credit for checking down this year more often than forcing it. But I feel it is more of a stare a guy the initial receiver he's not open, time to check down thing.Compared to Cutler working through progressions, and then settling for the check down Forte.

What do you think GOING THROUGH YOUR PROGESSIONS means????? Play is called, Read the D pre-snap, Hike the Ball, every play has a 1st option, 2nd option and so on. What you described is exactly what working through progressions means.

Don't care. Anyone who swings from one end of the spectrum to the other in that short of a time, like some of the gals here, ought to have their opinions discounted.

A f'n men! Damn, I get tired of the bashing when we lose. We have 31 other teams with professional athletes trying to beat us every week and there fans are saying the same thing.

Trust this; Jay Cutler is twice the football player and man that Jeff George is. George is undoubtedly the biggest gutless pussy I've ever seen put on a uniform. They should never be spoken in the same breath again.