SMC is back

AZ54

The news everyone has been waiting to hear. I may be alone in this but I'm glad to have him back on the field. I expect he'll be a bit rusty but he may also have had some time to sit back and learn the position better. I will summarize why I'm optimistic this way: Reggie Herring is being praised for his work with the backups this past week against Atlanta, and rightfully so. Reggie is the same guy who continues to praise SMC, his skill set and the improvement he showed before the injury. If Reggie is looking forward to having SMC back as a starter, and says he is close to showing us that he can be a playmaker, then I'm glad too.

The news everyone has been waiting to hear. I may be alone in this but I'm glad to have him back on the field. I expect he'll be a bit rusty but he may also have had some time to sit back and learn the position better. I will summarize why I'm optimistic this way: Reggie Herring is being praised for his work with the backups this past week against Atlanta, and rightfully so. Reggie is the same guy who continues to praise SMC, his skill set and the improvement he showed before the injury. If Reggie is looking forward to having SMC back as a starter, and says he is close to showing us that he can be a playmaker, then I'm glad too.

Somewhere in Bearsland Terra Tor is cursing at the top of his lungs, lol. I'm glad too. I think he was making good progress.

You're not alone, I think SMC has made strides this year and he needs to be on the field to continue to grow. He'll probably get some work on 3rd down in obvious passing situations. Miami is down a few RB's too so this is a good opponent to get him some work against. If we continue to get pressure on the QB and have decent success against the run, this team will win some games. And SMC can be part of that success story.

If the coaches think he can pan out at LB then he needs to be on the field. I would love to see him pan out, hate seeing 1st round draft picks being wasted.

He has the size and speed, played well at OLB in a 3-4. Who knows, maybe he will turn out!!

Have to say I agree. He played a key role, I feel, in the SF game especially. He seems to be a good spy back with mobile QB's. Although that won't be as much the issue these next couple of weeks (Tannehill and Brady). If they were able to have Sharpton come out and call the plays last week and lead the team in tackles, with only a few days of team practice, I feel good about SMC's ability to contribute.

Upon reflection, I think what is slowing down the Bears D, especially now, are the older players on the team especially in the LB corps. (Briggs and Williams).

Guest TerraTor
Somewhere in Bearsland Terra Tor is cursing at the top of his lungs, lol. I'm glad too. I think he was making good progress.

I don't wish pain on the guy.. Unemployment maybe

Guest TerraTor
At least you are consistent my friend... :bears

I'll always stick to my guns and I'll gladly eat crow. But in my opinion the guy just stinks. So many great picks besides him

Upon reflection, I think what is slowing down the Bears D, especially now, are the older players on the team especially in the LB corps. (Briggs and Williams).

I agree. If I skip back and watch a play, or just isolate on these guys during a replay I'm usually thinking why don't you run? They make the tackle more often than not but it seems that instead of taking 3 or 4 steps to get into position they take 2 to 3 and then wait for the ball carrier. Your good players are making tackles while moving forward and it was a trademark of Urlacher and Briggs in their prime. It's often the other way around where the veterans appear to be faster because they make quicker reads and know where to go while the young guys arrive late and chase the play.

This is actually a very good sign that we have good young talent on the roster. They still take mis-steps but that is happening less and less often. We tend to forget this is an all new scheme these guys are learning. Something good is happening because this does not happen by mistake:

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/bears-defe...hits-are-coming

"The Bears, injury riddled and 32nd against the run last year, rank tenth in rushing yardage allowed – this after being shredded in game one by the Buffalo Bills (193 rushing yards)."