Briggs and Conte OUT

Guest TerraTor

Nm

Sad to see Briggs go out like this. Injuries happen but showing up the fattest he has ever been blows my mind. You would think a guy in his situation would come into the beginning of the season in the best shape of his life to go out with a bang or play for another contract.

If he doesn't want to play after this year I get that but why not be in the best shape possible to have one last great season.

I wonder if this is his way of giving the Bears the middle finger, Im sure he didn't like the way the URL ending was handled by the Bears and Hester to boot.

Sad to see Briggs go out like this. Injuries happen but showing up the fattest he has ever been blows my mind. You would think a guy in his situation would come into the beginning of the season in the best shape of his life to go out with a bang or play for another contract.

If he doesn't want to play after this year I get that but why not be in the best shape possible to have one last great season.

I wonder if this is his way of giving the Bears the middle finger, Im sure he didn't like the way the URL ending was handled by the Bears and Hester to boot.

He can give the Bears the finger if he likes, and Bears fan will give him one too.

This is the same guy who crashed his Lambo, obviously drunk, ran home and reported it missing and the somehow didn't get charged?

Can you say pay off?

He can give the Bears the finger if he likes, and Bears fan will give him one too.

This is the same guy who crashed his Lambo, obviously drunk, ran home and reported it missing and the somehow didn't get charged?

Can you say pay off?

I believe he was ticketed/charged for leaving the scene. Saying he was drunk is skeptical. Being young and destroying an expensive toy and then wanting it to be replaced by insurance could be his reason for running. Regardless, there has been worse and he's been good since.

I believe he was ticketed/charged for leaving the scene. Saying he was drunk is skeptical. Being young and destroying an expensive toy and then wanting it to be replaced by insurance could be his reason for running. Regardless, there has been worse and he's been good since.

Maybe this was one of the cover ups jerry Angelo was mumbling about last week?

I could never understand or condone the negativity towards Briggs.. He's never done anything but produce. Bears don't pay him to be Johnny Hero off the field

I have never liked the way Briggs acts every time he wants a new contract. I don't have anything against players asking or doing what they can to renegotiate a deal. I don't have anything against a team telling them no. It's business. Players like Briggs, and even Gould before his new deal, go after the organization in very negative ways.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...ys-lance-briggs

Blame him for going to the media to demand a trade? Blaming Briggs is secondary. This is what he does. He complains when it comes to money. He did the same thing in 2007, even though he didn't ask for a trade the last time. Saying, at points during his unhappy stage, he would "never play another down for Chicago again," "I'm prepared to sit out the year if the Bears don't trade or release me," and that he'd "do everything in my power not to be with [the Bears] organization."

Then there's just unprofessional behavior like showing up to training camp out of shape. Missing the first practice of the season to go open up a restaurant in California. For some reason he's not crying about his contract like he did in the past. The way the young guys played in Atlanta will help keep him that way.