Elite QB's

Chitownhustla

Manning

Brady

Rodgers

Brees

Can we all agree that these QB's are elite????

Completion %

Manning 69%

Brees 67.7%

Cutler 67.3%

Rodgers 66.8%

Brady 61.4%

Yards

Manning 2134

Brees 1916

Cutler 1866

Brady 1705

Rodgers 1674

TD's

Manning 22

Rodgers 18

Cutler 14

Brady 13

Brees 11

QB rating

Manning 119

Rodgers 117

Brady 96.3

Cutler 94.4

Brees 91.7

INT's

Cutler 7

Brees 7

Manning 3

Brady 2

Rodgers 1

Im not saying Cutler is Elite. Im not defending him either, his play needs to get better right now. IT's the INT's that are killing him. But when you look at him compared to other ELITE QB's he is not far. He just needs to cut down on the couple of stupid throws he tends to make.

I counted 5 INT's that were just stupid throws through 7 weeks. INT's are going to happen, its just the stupid ones. This is why Im still holding out hope Cutler can take this last jump.

If Cutler makes this final jump just imagine what we will be talking about????? This board would be dead!!!! lol......Who am I crapping, we would find something to bitch and argue about.

Manning

Brady

Rodgers

Brees

Completion %

Manning 69%

Brees 67.7%

Cutler 67.3%

Rodgers 66.8%

Brady 61.4%

Yards

Manning 2134

Brees 1916

Cutler 1866

Brady 1705

Rodgers 1674

TD's

Manning 22

Rodgers 18

Cutler 14

Brady 13

Brees 11

QB rating

Manning 119

Rodgers 117

Brady 96.3

Cutler 94.4

Brees 91.7

INT's

Cutler 7

Brees 7

Manning 3

Brady 2

Rodgers 1

Im not saying Cutler is Elite. Im not defending him either, his play needs to get better right now. IT's the INT's that are killing him. But when you look at him compared to other ELITE QB's he is not far. He just needs to cut down on the couple of stupid throws he tends to make.

I counted 5 INT's that were just stupid throws through 7 weeks. INT's are going to happen, its just the stupid ones. This is why Im still holding out hope Cutler can take this last jump.

If Cutler makes this final jump just imagine what we will be talking about????? This board would be dead!!!! lol......Who am I crapping, we would find something to bitch and argue about.

I just hope you are right...really it is all on Cutler.

I have said before, I will never wear a Cutler jersey...but if he wins a Super Bowl for the Bears....I would reconsider.

I bought my daughter a 9 Jersey, which makes me happy as I love McMahon...but Gould is cool too....

Manning

Brady

Rodgers

Brees

Completion %

Manning 69%

Brees 67.7%

Cutler 67.3%

Rodgers 66.8%

Brady 61.4%

Yards

Manning 2134

Brees 1916

Cutler 1866

Brady 1705

Rodgers 1674

TD's

Manning 22

Rodgers 18

Cutler 14

Brady 13

Brees 11

QB rating

Manning 119

Rodgers 117

Brady 96.3

Cutler 94.4

Brees 91.7

INT's

Cutler 7

Brees 7

Manning 3

Brady 2

Rodgers 1

6 games into 2014 season

first number is number of INT's so far - the next number is turnover percentage of INT's when attempting to pass

rogers - 1 - 0.5%

brady - 2 - 0.8%

wilson - 2 - 1.1%

manning - 3 - 1.2%

rothlisberger - 3 - 1.2%

rivers - 5 - 1.8%

kaepernick - 5 - 2.2%

flacco - 5 - 2.0%

eli manning - 5 - 2.2%

tannehill - 5 - 2.3%

stafford - 6 - 2.4%

romo - 6 - 2.8%

dalton - 6 - 3.2%

luck - 7 - 2.3%

ryan - 7 - 2.5%

cutler - 7 - 2.7%

brees - 7 - 2.7%

foles - 7 - 3.0%

I just hope you are right...really it is all on Cutler.

I have said before, I will never wear a Cutler jersey...but if he wins a Super Bowl for the Bears....I would reconsider.

I bought my daughter a 9 Jersey, which makes me happy as I love McMahon...but Gould is cool too....

I hope Cutler leads us to a Super bowl victory. I know the last 15 superbowl champs had either great QB's or insane Defenses.

At this point the Offense is underperforming. Starts with Cutler. Others have made mistakes but Cutler has made the most. Cutler does touch the ball every snap but his mistakes are of the WTF type of throws. His fumble on a sack this past weekend is something that is going to happen. He is being paid Elite money this years. Most of his numbers are elite, its just his INT's that need to be eliminated.

6 games into 2014 season

first number is number of INT's so far - the next number is turnover percentage of INT's when attempting to pass

rogers - 1 - 0.5%

brady - 2 - 0.8%

wilson - 2 - 1.1%

manning - 3 - 1.2%

rothlisberger - 3 - 1.2%

rivers - 5 - 1.8%

kaepernick - 5 - 2.2%

flacco - 5 - 2.0%

eli manning - 5 - 2.2%

tannehill - 5 - 2.3%

stafford - 6 - 2.4%

romo - 6 - 2.8%

dalton - 6 - 3.2%

luck - 7 - 2.3%

ryan - 7 - 2.5%

cutler - 7 - 2.7%

brees - 7 - 2.7%

foles - 7 - 3.0%

It's the stupid wtf throws that turn into INT's that is killing Cutler. I have counted 5 that should not have been thrown. Had he made a better decision with where he went on those 5 plays his average would be elite.

He is close. I hope Trestman comes out against NE and outcoaches the masterful Hoodie. If his game plan is great, play calling is great and Cutler doesn't make those WTF throws we should be good.

This offense should be putting up 28 points or more a week.

The numbers don't tell the full story.

Unlike any of the QB's mentioned (with maybe Brees as I can't attest to seeing even 1 games of the Saints this season yet), Cutler has the uncanny ability to make his mistakes at the worst possible moments in a game. Whereas Manning and Brady over come theirs on a more regular basis.

The term Elite is simply just arbitrary. There really is no true empirical evidence for such. I believe it's gut check. I believe it's a guy that can take the team on his shoulders and win the game when the odds are stacked against him.

Virtually ever single HoF'er is Elite.

At the moment, based on that...who would be elite? Part of this is based in what they've done in the past (ie. won a SB) or what they look capable now.

(numbers aren't ranks within the categories...just to give it the number of guys in that category)

Elite:

1 Manning

2 Rodgers

3 Brady

4 Brees (struggling now, but he's been consistent and has won the big game)

5 Luck (he's still unproven...but his trajectory is right in line with other Elites.

6 Wilson (good numbers, good trajectory and a SB win)

That's about 19% of the league and that sounds right.

Almost Elite: 35% of league

1 Stafford (great numbers, but lacks the big wins)

2 Roethlisberger (struggling for the last few...but won 2 SB's)

3 Eli Manning (struggling for the last few...but won 2 SB's)

4 Kaepernick (led his team to the SB...but struggles now)

5 Newton (could be...might not be)

6 Foles (looks good, not amazing)

7 Cutler (good numbers, big mistakes, virtually no big wins)

8 Romo (see Cutler)

9 Rivers (lots of promise, showing it now, but nothing concrete)

10 Flacco (won the big one, but numbers aren't amazing)

11 Ryan (good numbers, but can't get over the hump)

Average: 19%

1 Palmer (had some great years, doing OK now, but too many questions)

2 Alex Smith (does well with what he has)

3 Orton

4 Dalton (just good)

5 RG3 (too injury prone to be that good)

6 Tennehill (has shown some signs of decency)

Below Average: 28%

1 Anyone playing for the Raiders

2 anyone playing for the Vikings

3 Geno Smith

4 Fitzpatrick

5 Anyone playing for Tenn

6 Anyone playing for Jax

7 Anyone playing for CLE

8 Anyone playing for St Louis

9 Anyone playing with the Bucs

Odd are many of the "almosts" could be considered average.

We really only have 6 true Elite QB's in the NFL.

Manning

Brady

Rodgers

Brees

Completion %

Manning 69%

Brees 67.7%

Cutler 67.3%

Rodgers 66.8%

Brady 61.4%

Yards

Manning 2134

Brees 1916

Cutler 1866

Brady 1705

Rodgers 1674

TD's

Manning 22

Rodgers 18

Cutler 14

Brady 13

Brees 11

QB rating

Manning 119

Rodgers 117

Brady 96.3

Cutler 94.4

Brees 91.7

INT's

Cutler 7

Brees 7

Manning 3

Brady 2

Rodgers 1

It's the stupid wtf throws that turn into INT's that is killing Cutler. I have counted 5 that should not have been thrown. Had he made a better decision with where he went on those 5 plays his average would be elite.

He is close. I hope Trestman comes out against NE and outcoaches the masterful Hoodie. If his game plan is great, play calling is great and Cutler doesn't make those WTF throws we should be good.

This offense should be putting up 28 points or more a week.

i don't think cutler is elite, at least yet and probably never. but i do think he is good + and can win it all for us but to do that he needs to do as you suggest. stop trying to make something out of nothing and be consistent with his mechanics.

I truly believe that our offense is missing one true component. And a upgrade at a second. I think we need a slot receiver that can consistently get open and run a 5 yard route.

The second...a running back. Forte is pretty good but rarely gets tough yards

A slot WR would be nice but Cutler has more then enough weapons to be performing better!!!!

It's the most talent on the offensive side of the ball in a long time!!!

A slot WR would be nice but Cutler has more then enough weapons to be performing better!!!!

It's the most talent on the offensive side of the ball in a long time!!!

A small jig saw of a slot is what would make this offense elite and vastly improve our 3rd percentage. Our massive receivers don't run these routes as well as a jig saw can.

Seriously, how is Santurdio not that guy by now?

The WR weapons are there. The RB weapon is there.

BUT WE DO NOT HAVE A BATTERING RAM!!!! That makes a huge difference. No kickass fullback or power RB. That's been hurting us for a long time...

But in all honestly, it's still all about the playcalling and QB play. But not having that POWER game hurts too...

Even Earl Bennett. How many 3rd down conversions did he convert?

Seriously, how is Santurdio not that guy by now?

The WR weapons are there. The RB weapon is there.

BUT WE DO NOT HAVE A BATTERING RAM!!!! That makes a huge difference. No kickass fullback or power RB. That's been hurting us for a long time...

But in all honestly, it's still all about the playcalling and QB play. But not having that POWER game hurts too...

Holmes has not been used at all..... Wonder if he has just lost too many steps???

Holmes doesn't understand the playbook. His time is coming to an end once Wilson is back.

Makes sense. Well If that is the case, who"s job is it to get him up to speed on the plays?????

Hope Wilson is the real deal like everyone was saying in camp.

I do remember him being really good in college and then he had a weird exit from the team at the end of his junior or senior year. The big reason he dropped to the 7th round.

Holmes has not been used at all..... Wonder if he has just lost too many steps???

One thing is for sure, Jay does not trust him and has pretty much avoided throwing the ball to him because when he has bad things seem to happen. Must be like when Hester was here Jay did not like him cause he had trouble learning the offense.

Makes sense. Well If that is the case, who"s job is it to get him up to speed on the plays?????

Hope Wilson is the real deal like everyone was saying in camp.

I do remember him being really good in college and then he had a weird exit from the team at the end of his junior or senior year. The big reason he dropped to the 7th round.

I blame the veteran WR. Sure he came in really late. Maybe he isn't gelling with Cutler or Marshall either. Plus being the 5th target probably puts his give a damn card on the shelf. Many issues imo, so they have been giving Morgan most of the reps now.