Welcome to your last place Chicago Bears

adam

And yet we've scored the 2nd most points in the division.....Cutler gets a lot of blame, and yes he deserves most of it, but the D again appears to be the biggest problem.

Not sure if "most" is even correct. Certainly should get his share as the leader of the offense. Whatever, as I said in another thread, this just plain blows. We had the right to expect better this season.

And yet we've scored the 2nd most points in the division.....Cutler gets a lot of blame, and yes he deserves most of it, but the D again appears to be the biggest problem.

Very interesting stat comparison for Cutler and Rodgers:

QB#1 - PCT:67.6%, Y/G: 261.5, TD 19, Sacks 20

QB#2 - PCT:67.2%, Y/G: 261.6, TD 17, Sacks 20

The biggest difference is INTs (8 to 3) and total turnovers, 12 to 4. Cutler turns the ball over 1.5 per game, Rodgers 0.5. One turnover the game basically separates (arguably) the best QB in the game (based on QB Rating) and ours (among other things).

Very interesting stat comparison for Cutler and Rodgers:

QB#1 - PCT:67.6%, Y/G: 261.5, TD 19, Sacks 20

QB#2 - PCT:67.2%, Y/G: 261.6, TD 17, Sacks 20

The biggest difference is INTs (8 to 3) and total turnovers, 12 to 4. Cutler turns the ball over 1.5 per game, Rodgers 0.5. One turnover the game basically separates (arguably) the best QB in the game (based on QB Rating) and ours (among other things).

While 1 TO is huge, there is a lot more that separates them.

QB#1 - Yrds/A: 8.37, QB rating(own 21-50): 114.9, QB rating (opp 49-20): 94.2

QB#2 - Yrds/A: 7.14, QB rating (own 21-50): 81.3, QB rating (opp 49-20): 69.6

I added the situational stat, because it was something I noticed early in the season, as drives seemed to be stalling.

IMHO, that's a major factor in the Bears are averaging over 1 less scoring drive a game.

I added the situational stat, because it was something I noticed early in the season, as drives seemed to be stalling.

IMHO, that's a major factor in the Bears are averaging over 1 less scoring drive a game.

Nice stat. Something I would like to see is a comparison of drops and penalties. It seems like we've had a boatload of those.

Any info on 3rd down conversions?

Any info on 3rd down conversions?

As a team we are 43.9 and Packers are 42.2.

To me there are few Cutler stats that stand out. First, 7 of the 8 INTs are to the middle or right of the field (only 1 to the left). He has a 63.2 QB Rating with 2 mins or less in the half (he has regressed in this area). 4 INTs occurred on 1st Down (this to me is crazy if the defense is in their base package). The weirdest one is his stats with 3rd and less than 3. He has a 57.1 QB Rating, is 5-10 with 2 INTs. To me that one is crazy as that would seem to be a very favorable distance for play action. However, he has performed similarly the last few years. So only 2 of his INTs were on "traditional" passing downs and distances. He has also never fumbled on 3rd down.

Interesting...I'd have guessed our 3rd down % to be lower.

I wonder the following as thoughts on your stats...

1. Pics in the middle/right = Is Cutler simply too comfortable going that way? Where going left...he's more cautious?

2. Poor 2 min drill rating = I've always had issue here. It seems like the Bears don't know how to run the 2 minute drill. There seems to be little energy. Maybe it's appearances only...but when I see Brady or Manning or even Tannehill do it..they look in charge and the team is hustling. Are we simply missing a Kreutz here? I think that's one of the reasons Jay is struggling here. Or he's simply forcing it...

3. 1st down pics = Agreed that it seems odd... But, again I wonder if it's over-confidence as with the right side of the field issue?

4. 3rd and less than 3 conversions = Over-confident? Poor play-callling?

Maybe the takeaway is simply run on 1st and 2nd and pass on 3rd!

Thanks for finding that info Adam.

As a team we are 43.9 and Packers are 42.2.

To me there are few Cutler stats that stand out. First, 7 of the 8 INTs are to the middle or right of the field (only 1 to the left). He has a 63.2 QB Rating with 2 mins or less in the half (he has regressed in this area). 4 INTs occurred on 1st Down (this to me is crazy if the defense is in their base package). The weirdest one is his stats with 3rd and less than 3. He has a 57.1 QB Rating, is 5-10 with 2 INTs. To me that one is crazy as that would seem to be a very favorable distance for play action. However, he has performed similarly the last few years. So only 2 of his INTs were on "traditional" passing downs and distances. He has also never fumbled on 3rd down.